Use of Bots or Macros - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Is The Use of Bots or Macros Cheating?

Strongly Agree
62%
Somewhat Agree
8%
Neither Agree or Disagree
11%
Somewhat Disagree
8%
Strongly Disagree
11%
Total votes: 381

erfs
Commodore

Re: Use of Bots or Macros - Discussion Thread

Post#101 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:40 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:In the macros being discussed, there is no assessment of what the base is like, or how good it is. The program simply deploys the same troops in the same corner / edge spot every time, on every base it attacks. It only succeeds as a strategy because the units it's deploying are many levels above that of the base they are attacking - eg level 7 or 8 attack units attacking a level 4 base.

Plus add very strong buffs to that, gained via many UC crates as a result of their scripting. So this will make attacks even on (almost) the same level more effective.

This is one thing where I hope the Rebel sniper GR helps - that it makes those stupid scripted attacks less successful over time. Of course, won't help < L6 bases, but still, one can hope.

erfs
Commodore

Post#102 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:42 am

LosVega wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:
LosVega wrote:With the latest news......

PartylikeVader is dead.... banned....banished.... Sucked into a Sarlacc pit on a planet about to be fired upon by Starkiller base. That same planet is hopefully between a black hole and a star about to go supernova and for added measure, NCC-1701D just launched a genesis torpedo just to make sure............

No further updates needed, don't go away mad.... Just go away...........

Plv's computer was stolen. A Gofundme has been initiated to replace it. :lol:

I will donate only if the replacement is restricted to 512k ram, 100Mb hard drive and runs on WIndows ME only. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Make that a Pentium 4 with SD RAM....

Josketer
Major General

Post#103 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:44 am

The use of bots / macros and autoclick is cheating. This is a game, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, whether attacking or defending. Your lives and your personal assets are not at risk. Think about it.-
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Fivecrayfish
Commander

Post#104 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:57 am

Josketer wrote:The use of bots / macros and autoclick is cheating. This is a game, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, whether attacking or defending. Your lives and your personal assets are not at risk. Think about it.-

I do agree with you on bots and autoclick, that's kinda BS to use them for anything, other than an experiment to test (repeated usage is stupid), some macros are completely harmless and in their case I respectfully disagree with you (collector, training macros ONLY)
Been playing since day 1, was there to see all the blunders this game made, had over 8 accounts (rebel/imp), still no idea why I'm playing.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#105 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:45 am

erfs wrote:
LosVega wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:Plv's computer was stolen. A Gofundme has been initiated to replace it. :lol:

I will donate only if the replacement is restricted to 512k ram, 100Mb hard drive and runs on WIndows ME only. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Make that a Pentium 4 with SD RAM....

Hahaha
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Djembeman

Post#106 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 am

How do you join the LINE group to report suspicious attacks or potential cheating in Star Wars Commander?

chicohound
Commodore

Post#107 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Djembeman wrote:How do you join the LINE group to report suspicious attacks or potential cheating in Star Wars Commander?

That's one LINE chat group where I wouldn't want to be a member. Every five minutes someone would be reporting this person or that person did them "wrong" by using a cheat or bot.

Give it a rest people. It's pretty obvious that there are players using bots and/or cheats to advance themselves. Either learn to live with it or go play something else.

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#108 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:27 am

chicohound wrote:
Djembeman wrote:How do you join the LINE group to report suspicious attacks or potential cheating in Star Wars Commander?

That's one LINE chat group where I wouldn't want to be a member. Every five minutes someone would be reporting this person or that person did them "wrong" by using a cheat or bot.

Give it a rest people. It's pretty obvious that there are players using bots and/or cheats to advance themselves. Either learn to live with it or go play something else.

Actually it’s one of the quieter line groups I’m in. The last message posted in that chat was from last Friday.
Only 100 members in that group and they are all respectful and helpful. No drama or arguing.

My line Id is spock416
Add me as a friend and send me a pm. I’ll be happy to invite you to that chat.
Just know there is no official game support there.
Experienced Players will look at a replay you share and help determine if it’s a replay glitch or a cheat. Then, if it is indeed a cheat, they will advise on how to report it to customer support.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with OVER 1 THOUSAND no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

Williamdice
Commander

Post#109 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:49 am

MobiusPrime wrote:I understand DS's intention but my opinion would be the main issue with using any sort of macro is it keeps the game from going offline and prevents a player from getting attacked. that is the main reason people use them, saying they are for collecting resources is just a bunch of BS.

GSoW records the time since last log in for each player (or at least each player that is in a squad). It should be easy enough to amend it to record for each player the maximum value of that: From that you could get an indication of how many players log in weekly, daily or hourly and how many never log out i.e. how many use bots for this purpose.

SmallPotato
Commander

Post#110 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:03 am

Williamdice wrote:
MobiusPrime wrote:I understand DS's intention but my opinion would be the main issue with using any sort of macro is it keeps the game from going offline and prevents a player from getting attacked. that is the main reason people use them, saying they are for collecting resources is just a bunch of BS.

GSoW records the time since last log in for each player (or at least each player that is in a squad). It should be easy enough to amend it to record for each player the maximum value of that: From that you could get an indication of how many players log in weekly, daily or hourly and how many never log out i.e. how many use bots for this purpose.

Using automation to detect automation :)

Return to “General Discussions”