KSoD Squad Ranking Website - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: New Squad Ranking Website - Discussion Thread.

Post#101 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:40 pm

DeltaBravo wrote:Today was the first day I haven't had a 905 error, but my layout manager is broken which I liked sometimes when I wanted to use a PVP layout during a conflict instead of my usual base.

DeltaBravo - Did you download the latest version of Layout Manager discussed here :?:

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

LosVega
Major General

Post#102 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:16 pm

Has there been some tweaking to the squad ranking algorithms recently? Just noticed a huge change which doesn't seem right even with the aging factor.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Spock
Admiral

Post#103 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:31 pm

LosVega wrote:Has there been some tweaking to the squad ranking algorithms recently? Just noticed a huge change which doesn't seem right even with the aging factor.

There was not supposed to be. Can you be more specific and we can look into it?

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

Carnifex1966
Storm Trooper

Post#104 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Whats wrong with the ranking ? Yestserday our rank was 145 . Today without a war, 353??
Last edited by Carnifex1966 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeathStriker

Post#105 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:38 pm

Carnifex1966 wrote:Whats wrong with ranking ? Yestserday our rank was 145 . Today without a war, 353??

Carnifex1966 - Aging kicked in... that combined with "others" doing Wars and moving Up in the Ranking Tables are the most likely causes of the "change" you noted.

⇨ See my Post found here.

Chancellor
Commodore

Post#106 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:21 pm

I know we've been through a few of these, and every time it comes up, there are some people who look at it and say "yup that makes sense", but I've never really understood it.

If we (Hostile.Warfare) win, we go up 9 points and they go up 0. We remain 54 spots behind them in the ranking.
But if we tie, we go up 131 points and they go up 1. We zoom up to the same ranking as them.

Can anyone explain how the ranking algorithm works (or if it's a common method, link me to a page that explains it)? I just don't understand how you get results like this, where a tie is much better for us than a win.

Sunburn77
Squadron Leader

Post#107 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:32 pm

lol, looks like if they win as predicted, you will probably be beaten like red-headed step children and your over rated squad will be put in their proper place. If you win, there must of been some terrible glitch in the system and full credit is not deserved. But if you tie, then you must truly be equals!

Chancellor
Commodore

Post#108 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:00 am

Yeah, I don't really understand how the algorithm works, but it does seem like a (non 45-45) tie makes the system say "aha, these teams are exactly equal", but an upset win can be just a random upset and doesn't necessarily mean you were better. Which is...weird.

DeathStriker

Post#109 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:05 am

KSoD Website Down - Reason Unknown

Several attempts to access the KSoD Website have resulted in a failure to open webpage / server not responding.

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CONTACT those on LINE whom maintain website. If so could they let them know about the issue.

Keeping Everyone Informed...

ghld1975
Cadet Trooper

Post#110 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:46 am

Any progress on this issue ?

Return to “General Discussions”