Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Shelendil
Admiral

Re: Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

Post#41 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:35 am

Rypcord wrote:Did you blur off AC/DC's level and stuff? Not sure why that wasn't visible. The vid was hard to tell if the barracks/factory glowed or not. But if they do, I'm a bit confused by your strategy to attack. You attack at both poles, opening the SC to unload, and if the factory is glowing, should be clear that it's buff'd meaning it will spawn.

I see that you were right about someone out there already having all of those guard reserves done, but this guy has to be an exception. As that has HAD to cost a bit of money/lots of crystal/hacking. Even after hitting up each planet for the crates, and a couple of HD's, and the daily crates, I'm only up to 12-14 on the one reserve, and around 4-8 on the others.

I'm even getting IG-86 and Rebel Vanguard and Shock Trooper frags from some of the crates/HD defenses (for 3 stars). I doubt we will come across for a while too many people with more than 1 of the reserves, let alone at a DECENT level to make them all that great, and then to even be USING all of them. That's 57/60 of your armory assuming level 10.

It's obvious you haven't encountered this yourself. First, the level 10 armory has 65 spaces and each buff takes 13 spaces. It's very popular to activate all 5 guard reserve putting over 120 UC on the field at first spawn with little warning because NO the buildings do NOT glow.

Second, it's not uncommon to find these bases at level 10. I'd say about 25% of the bases I attack have these boosts active now, and that's after I skip the ones that obviously have rearranged themselves or do not have glowing turrets.

It doesn't even matter that the units are low level or do little damage because the sheer amount of health your forces have to chew through to kill them means you're not hitting buildings, and not getting to 50%. The best option is to lure them to the other side of the base and try to blitz your way to one star.... not very strategic.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#42 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:08 am

DEV needs to increase UC for these barrack/factory buff to 25. I think I can handle 2, not 5.
I recently attacked a base with 5 buffs, and troops were spawn like crazy. True that the level is not high, but the sheer amount of troops to kill and the clock limit made it very tough to win.

Cancervecero
Lieutenant

Post#43 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:06 am

RDjedi wrote:Xinix wrote: "But I'm sure the latter will be conveniently ignored by all the Rebs here, who will undoubtedly scream for changes (otherwise they are all gonna quit in droves) in order to make life even easier in practice" .... well you ignored my comment completely.... answer the question!! WHAT IS THE REB EQUIVALENT TO SPAWNING CW MHCS ON HOTH THAT HAVE 300% BUFF? There is none. So you side-step the question and the true debate and give some non-sense response about skiffs and completely disregard the numbers. Skiffs have much less health, easily killed by a low-level deciminator or fang. The same is not true about CW MHCs, only high-level fangs have a chance and you can't load enough air to deal with the onslaught. You were reading. Please give read before you post BS about rebs complaining... critical thinking dude, it helps. Use numbers formulate structured arguments before posting generalizations that have no impact on the topic being debated and maybe then people will take your comment seriously.

Iagree with the whinning about the summoned MHC's being affected by its cold weather equipment, it's just too unballanced. but let's bring some other facts about skiffs and MHC's

let's compare the lv II Skiff with lv III MHC from each defensive equipment at level I
MHC deals 5040 damage per hit to Vehicles, 4200 to bruiser vehicles and hero vehicles (if any)
Skiffs deal 6440 damage per hit to Vehicles, 3360 to bruiser vehicles and hero vehicles
MHC has 15120 HP
Skiffs have 11,710 HP
MHC's speed is 10 (same as AT-AT)
Skiff's speed is 30 (same as bikes under level 7)

now the lv V MHC against lv IV Skiffs from each guard reserve at level X
MHC deals 6480 damage per hit to Vehicles, 5400 to bruiser vehicles and hero vehicles (if any)
Skiffs deal 7040 damage per hit to Vehicles, 3520 to bruiser vehicles and hero vehicles
MHC has 19,440 HP
Skiffs have 12,800 HP
MHC's speed is 10 (same as AT-AT)
Skiff's speed is 30 (same as bikes under level 7)

we still should consider that the rebels can get vanguards hitting empire vehicles and the other side has snipers which are focused in infantry

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#44 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:58 am

Two things:

1) Pointing out how good the Imperials got it compared to the Rebs isn't helping. I don't want hails or sharps from my factories or barracks. I want the whole update gone. Period. I want to play again.

2) As far as strategy is concerned regarding the new guard reserves: get them and turn them on. That's all you need to do. If you want to be really nasty, put barracks and factories under shields and/or around the base. But really, the biggest strategy is to turn the skin on. Period.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~149,500 medals. Newborn Prestige Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Rank 30. Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

DeathStriker

Post#45 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:07 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Two things:

1) Pointing out how good the Imperials got it compared to the Rebs isn't helping. I don't want hails or sharps from my factories or barracks. I want the whole update gone. Period. I want to play again.

2) As far as strategy is concerned regarding the new guard reserves: get them and turn them on. That's all you need to do. If you want to be really nasty, put barracks and factories under shields and/or around the base. But really, the biggest strategy is to turn the skin on. Period.

+1000 - Great Post! :D

Yes... I started this Thread to discuss "How Best to Use" and not get into a major debate over who is better or who is worse - because what one faction has less of or more of is not the point - since any arguments can be countered by different Attack Strategies and different Base Designs.

AS A REMINDER:

Some of the various Sub-Topics could be:

1. Activated Armory Buff Lists to effectively use Guard Reserve.
  2. Best and Worst Guard Reserve Buffs.
  3. Best Guard Reserve Buffs for each Planet.
  4. Other Ideas / Strategy
The list is endless... just like the various combinations of Armory Buffs.

Let the Discussion Continue...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#46 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:29 am

New way to defend is fun, so I don't want to see this change eliminated. Rather, tone it down by either increasing the UC (20-25) or reduce the troop frequency further. Note that activating barrack and factory buffs means that turrets and other defense structures are not buffed.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#47 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:50 am

You don't need turrets when you have four snipers, three MHCs, two dropship traps, and an SC. And four more snipers and three more MHCs every 20-45 seconds.

Glad you are having fun. Game on.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~149,500 medals. Newborn Prestige Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Rank 30. Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#48 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:12 pm

I want hails and snipers, mostly so that everyone can understand how bad this update is and get it removed. A very common sc load is snipers/bikes/hails.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DeathStriker

Post#49 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:09 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:As far as strategy is concerned regarding the new guard reserves: get them and turn them on.

I am living proof of this statement.

I HAVE UNLOCKED GUARD RESERVE (on my Secondary Account):

• Level 1 Rebel Barracks Guard Reserves: Light Infantry (3 Rebel Soldiers)
  • Level 1 Rebel Factory Guard Reserves: Anti-Infantry (Speeder Bike)
  • Level 1 Rebel Barracks Guard Reserves: Melee Bruisers (2 Bantha)
Using Guard Reserve Armory Buffs in Heroic Defense (HD) is a self-feeding Upgrade Machine...

1. The more HD "events" you do (and get 3-Stars) the sooner you will unlock / upgrade the Guard Reserve Buffs
  2. The more Guard Reserve Buffs you have activated during HD "event" to better you will be getting 3-Stars.
  3. The more HD "events" you 3-Star in the current Tactical Defense Special Event the more Guard Reserve Data Fragments you will get (see #1 above).
And so my "mission" to unlock all Guard Reserve Buffs (on my Secondary Account) continues...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Joebobbillyray
Commander

Post#50 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:48 pm

Rypcord wrote:I have yet, as a LVL9 Imp encountered any, and as a LVL6 Rebel.

6 crates x 500 crystals = 3000 crystals. That's still a FAIR amount of crystals. Not sure what the $$ monetary cost is for 3000, but more than this game is worth spending on, LOL (then again, I don't think this game deserves .01$ spent on it, but that's just me).

I unlocked all 5 of them, 4 are already at level 3. I spent zero real money, just a bunch of crystals disney gave to the windows players who lost their server.

There was a 1500 crystal "sale" crate a few days ago, I got 64 frags total. I still have 274,889 crystals left, but I'm not wasting them on this buff since it will be nerfed soon enough.

Return to “General Discussions”