Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
C20H25N30
Commander

Re: Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

Post#31 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Idk why it turns out blurry. If you rewind it to the beginning it comes in perfectly clear. In two weeks & some days, many players will have @ least 3 of the buff unlocked. I've done 1 & a 1/2 days of dailies & hds & have all five buffs to about half way unlocked along with Kessen, Shock, & Assassin Droid frags here & there. A lot of Assassin Droid Samples which is awesome! Honestly, I totally wasn't expecting all those units to spawn. That was the very first time I saw a base with those buffs. The most interesting part of that video I though was how quickly my AT-ACT's health went down after that Alien hit it with a grenade, furthering my theory that thise grenades not only decrease defense, but they also debuff. Still sorting through the data to confirm that though.

DS, I'll find the new Vanguard stats tomorrow.
C20H25N30-Level 8-Empire-NoFear Squad-Officer
ISD(iStarDestroyer)-Level 9-Empire-NoFear Squad
C20H25N30-Level 5-Rebels
Line ID-c20h25n30

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#32 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:07 pm

Rypcord wrote:I see that you were right about someone out there already having all of those guard reserves done, but this guy has to be an exception. As that has HAD to cost a bit of money/lots of crystal/hacking. Even after hitting up each planet for the crates, and a couple of HD's, and the daily crates, I'm only up to 12-14 on the one reserve, and around 4-8 on the others.

many players bought the premium tactical defense crates with 500 crystals,with 6 crates some of my squad mates have already 3 skins active from first day,so I'm quite sure many players have them already active
today i just run in 5 or 7 bases with at least one active reserve and is only day two
within a week we'll have over 50% of active player with reserve guards active
then will see how attacks will go....
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Corrected Quote For Clarity

Rypcord
Commodore

Post#33 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:46 pm

I have yet, as a LVL9 Imp encountered any, and as a LVL6 Rebel.

6 crates x 500 crystals = 3000 crystals. That's still a FAIR amount of crystals. Not sure what the $$ monetary cost is for 3000, but more than this game is worth spending on, LOL (then again, I don't think this game deserves .01$ spent on it, but that's just me).

Rocsum
Captain

Post#34 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Spock wrote:Hoping to see some interesting strategy talk in this thread once the data is shared. :)

My hopes are high because that's what happened on prior topics like this. I'm often surprised by the lack of crying on this forum. Everyone is so good at adapting that's why no one ever stops playing this game.

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#35 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:09 pm

Exactly my opinion too,1 cent would be too much to spend on this game

C20H25N30
Commander

Post#36 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:42 pm

Rocsum wrote:
Spock wrote:Hoping to see some interesting strategy talk in this thread once the data is shared. :)

My hopes are high because that's what happened on prior topics like this. I'm often surprised by the lack of crying on this forum. Everyone is so good at adapting that's why no one ever stops playing this game.

You're "crying" about people complaining about the game which is even further off topic than we were.

Where's your strategy to win these battles man?
C20H25N30-Level 8-Empire-NoFear Squad-Officer
ISD(iStarDestroyer)-Level 9-Empire-NoFear Squad
C20H25N30-Level 5-Rebels
Line ID-c20h25n30

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#37 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:36 pm

I don't have the answer, but I'm pretty sure it isn't 'more atmps'. Lol, hope you got a good crate for that.

Hawkeye1970
Captain

Post#38 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Boog wrote:
RDjedi wrote:Clear imbalance in the new update....

New defense and barrack factories upgrades for empire that produce MHCs and snipers with med droids...... Again if you look at the health, range and firepower of the units the empire recieves, those units greatly outgun the reb equivalents. Why doesn't rebs get med droids? How does Vans compare the firepower and range of snipers with meds?
Furthermore, on Hoth, the MHCs, if skin is active, get the OP CW MHC buff (>300%). There is no equivalent. If you want to know why rebs are complaining, there is your answer. You don't have enough fangs to deal with spawning CW MHCs. The devs need to implement an update fast that stops spawning MHCs from being CW MHCs.

I'm not sure any of that is true. Just looking at the banthas and dewbacks, higher level banthas spawn. I haven't looked at the tables for either, but a level 4 dewback is probably pretty comparable to a level 7 bantha (outside of speed). And while you're complaining about cold-weather MHC's, I'm wondering what a "Desert Skiff" is. Considering that Desert Jumps/Jetpacks are on the horizon, it sure sounds like "Desert Skiffs" are as well. Rebs will have them on two planets.

Since the armory arrived, there have been a lot of complaints that it has made both sides too similar. Now, it sounds like there are a lot of complaints that the tactical defense boosts are too different. Lol. Someone needs to run the numbers to see if there really is any imbalance between a sniper and a vanguard, considering that the Vans are higher in level. The same goes for the other defenses as well.

Just to clarify, "Desert Skiff" is the name that that piece of mech has had since the start of SWC. It has no boost/skin that rebs can use. I think that both sides are going to find that the update is not to their liking. Winning on defense is not what this game should be about. This happened the last time they boosted defense capabilities and the Devs eventually toned those back appropriately.

I have been up against 10-12 TacDef boosted bases (all Big L10 bases,mind you) and only won one of them (one star). And that was unloading my entire SC and air at him. I expect to lose 9+ out of 10 defenses. I would rather win on offense with good strategy than lose to mindless troop spawning buildings. There is no skill in that defense. Skill on defense comes with a good base design.

Like every other "-Gate" that has come before this one, it will eventually be rolled back or hopefully eliminated. One solution would be to add more slots to our transports. or, better yet, Devs should finally roll out L11!
IGName: Hawkeye
Squad: FalloftheEmpire
Faction: Rebel, Level 10

Hawkeye1970
Captain

Post#39 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:32 pm

I have seen a lot of talk about adapting and telling us rebs to change our Heavy Med Combo layout. That is like telling the imps to not load out with eAtAt/MHC/healer combo. No imp would ever not have that in their loadout. That is the load I see against my base every single time that I lose on defense. There really is not enough current space on either sides transports to deal with the troop spawning. Adapting to diffrent base layouts and SC loadouts is expected, there simply is no way to really compensate for whatever TacDef boosts are activated.

Just to clarify my SWC position (since I am new to the Forums), I am a full L10 rebel with FalloftheEmpire that has been playing since nearly the beginning. I will spend cash on this game if it makes sense, but to simply buy my way to defensive wins is ridiculous!
IGName: Hawkeye
Squad: FalloftheEmpire
Faction: Rebel, Level 10

KrefdirGorrebb
Lieutenant

Post#40 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:18 am

C20H25N30 wrote:RDJedi,

I just got decimated by a level 10 base with Anti-Infantry Factory, Anti-vehicle Factory, Melee Bruiser Barracks, & Light Infantry Barracks buffs on with 2x walls. The dude had more units on his base than buildings in a minute. For both factions, this is going to be difficult to get accustomed to. @ this point, I'm wondering if anyone has even managed a 100% attack with 3-4 good guard reserve buffs on on either side.

P.S.- If my memory serves me correctly, every single Imperial unit will walk by a bike or skiff unless it's preferred target is tye closest target. Empire players don't have a single unit that specifically targets vehicles. In my opinion, that's why we have snipers with r5 medics.

Same here. Attacked at least 7-10 bases that had several of the buffs up and running. And not much more to say than that it gets pretty impossible. Troops all over the place. So suddenly you will have to skip ALL former tactics and head full on the factories and barracks? Annoying.
Looking for a squad? Join Madferrets empire squad!
Krefdir Gorrebb lvl 9 Officer

Return to “General Discussions”