Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Rypcord
Captain

Re: Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

Post#21 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Just look at that, you need Lvl 4 of the data frags to get a LVL 5 Sniper, which is laughable for level 8+ bases, if a single level 4 sniper hurts you that bad when you're making an attack at level 8+ you're doing something bad. The speeder bike levels for the Empire are even worse too. Even level 10 of the guard reserve only gives you a level 3 speeder..... LOL. And the Rebels are so pissed off. LOL.

Rypcord
Captain

Post#22 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:25 pm

RDjedi wrote:Xinix wrote: "But I'm sure the latter will be conveniently ignored by all the Rebs here, who will undoubtedly scream for changes (otherwise they are all gonna quit in droves) in order to make life even easier in practice" .... well you ignored my comment completely.... answer the question!! WHAT IS THE REB EQUIVALENT TO SPAWNING CW MHCS ON HOTH THAT HAVE 300% BUFF? There is none. So you side-step the question and the true debate and give some non-sense response about skiffs and completely disregard the numbers. Skiffs have much less health, easily killed by a low-level deciminator or fang. The same is not true about CW MHCs, only high-level fangs have a chance and you can't load enough air to deal with the onslaught. You were reading. Please give read before you post BS about rebs complaining... critical thinking dude, it helps. Use numbers formulate structured arguments before posting generalizations that have no impact on the topic being debated and maybe then people will take your comment seriously.

What MHC are you so concerned about? As the data post shows, you're going up against LEVEL 4 ***AT BEST*** MHC, and depending on how you attack, most likely only 1 __MAYBE__ 2 will spawn total. Depending on base layout, you could air attack the first before it even has the 5 seconds to spawn in the first place. Plus, with using the CW buff.... that's what.... 13 for the guard reserve.... plus its something like 10 for the CW MHC buff right? So 23 or so of their total 60 are being used to spawn a level 4 MHC once every 40 seconds or so, and boost that "quasi-ridic" high?

Yea, not buying that.

Rypcord
Captain

Post#23 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:32 pm

C20H25N30 wrote:RDJedi,

I just got decimated by a level 10 base with Anti-Infantry Factory, Anti-vehicle Factory, Melee Bruiser Barracks, & Light Infantry Barracks buffs on with 2x walls. The dude had more units on his base than buildings in a minute. For both factions, this is going to be difficult to get accustomed to. @ this point, I'm wondering if anyone has even managed a 100% attack with 3-4 good guard reserve buffs on on either side.

P.S.- If my memory serves me correctly, every single Imperial unit will walk by a bike or skiff unless it's preferred target is tye closest target. Empire players don't have a single unit that specifically targets vehicles. In my opinion, that's why we have snipers with r5 medics.

No offense.... but I'm really going to have to call BS on this, unless you have a clip of it. Because as the frag data shows.... the spawn rate is ridic slow, especially at low level. Plus, if they all of those....

Thats 13 frags for the AIF, 13 for the AVF, 13 for the MBB, and 13 for the LIB. That's 52, plus 5 for the walls, so that's 57 out of 60 (level 10 can have 60 total). At this point.... because this event only kicked off Wednesday, assuming jumping to all of the planets, getting the best possible data frags (I'm getting Vanguard and Shock Troopers in some cases, and even IG-86 droids!) they HAD TO HAVE used crystals/money to get all this. Plus, I doubt they were very high level on those buildings, unless they dropped A LOT OF serious cash to get them very far (needing something like 20 + 10 + 20 + 30) for 80 total frags, just to be at level 4 for them, and thats only when some of those start getting good (ie. level 4 or level 5 snipers).

Plus, for them to have more troops than buildings, and it requiring 40+ seconds for secondary units to spawn.... you must have really drawn that battle out without taking any of these buildings out, which doesn't make any sense strategically.

I'm sorry, just so much of this post seems so far off, I had to call it out. It seems like a lot of people doing a LOT of misinformation posting to raise panic levels. Its like we're afraid Hillary is running for election again around here........

lma
Captain

Post#24 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:05 pm

Thx for the detailed comparison Boog.. at first glance it seems the devrlopers are deliberately shafting the rebels.. but after looking at the numbers it seems the developers were trying too make things fair.. but they are just too dumb or they don't play the game themselves hence they dont understand the game mechanics themselves. Snipers vs van for example, looking at the numbers one would think rebs got the better deal on this one.. but in reality imps have it much better. The van all target the first mech that gets dropped.. hence will get killed before it does anything as most(good) imperial attaclkers will have generalist infantry in front ( ahorter range) van gets killed. While on the imp side. The snipers will retarget as soon as first infantry is down.. which happens much more quickly than the first bruiser mech dies in the vanguard scenario. Hence snipers will spread all over and start their killing spree. Where as the van tend to bunch up and gets killed. Mhc vs skiffs.. again no comparison.. even without cold weather skins mhc are much better.. outranges just about all the rebel attack, can be trapped.. splash, and retargeting which is the biggest issue.. this is coming from a dual faction player... put it another way (because some imp player with only a habdful of medals will try to jump on me in a minutes) how many good imps stock mhcs and snipers in their sc? How many good rebels stock skiffs and (post update) vanguardd in their sc? I can tell you no one in my rebel squad does. And i play in the number 1 ranked rebel squad ( medal count and sod rank) so we do know a thing or 2 about how to play the game. Theres no doubt the game is now harder for both factions.. but what is frustrating the rebels is that it's been made even harder for the rebels due to tje uneven treatment.. jence a lot of them are quitting.. necause it's unfair not because they dont want to adapt..but as i said earlier.. it seems lookong at the numbers it was not done intentional that way.. hence hopefull things will be adjusted.. as we cant afford more rebels to quit.. on my imp account I'm seeing more and more dev bases since January.. and that cannot br good foe tje game

C20H25N30
Commander

Post#25 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Rypcord wrote:

I just got decimated by a level 10 base with Anti-Infantry Factory, Anti-vehicle Factory, Melee Bruiser Barracks, & Light Infantry Barracks buffs on with 2x walls. The dude had more units on his base than buildings in a minute. For both factions, this is going to be difficult to get accustomed to. @ this point, I'm wondering if anyone has even managed a 100% attack with 3-4 good guard reserve buffs on on either side.

P.S.- If my memory serves me correctly, every single Imperial unit will walk by a bike or skiff unless it's preferred target is tye closest target. Empire players don't have a single unit that specifically targets vehicles. In my opinion, that's why we have snipers with r5 medics.

No offense.... but I'm really going to have to call BS on this, unless you have a clip of it. Because as the frag data shows.... the spawn rate is ridic slow, especially at low level. Plus, if they all of those....

Thats 13 frags for the AIF, 13 for the AVF, 13 for the MBB, and 13 for the LIB. That's 52, plus 5 for the walls, so that's 57 out of 60 (level 10 can have 60 total). At this point.... because this event only kicked off Wednesday, assuming jumping to all of the planets, getting the best possible data frags (I'm getting Vanguard and Shock Troopers in some cases, and even IG-86 droids!) they HAD TO HAVE used crystals/money to get all this. Plus, I doubt they were very high level on those buildings, unless they dropped A LOT OF serious cash to get them very far (needing something like 20 + 10 + 20 + 30) for 80 total frags, just to be at level 4 for them, and thats only when some of those start getting good (ie. level 4 or level 5 snipers).

Plus, for them to have more troops than buildings, and it requiring 40+ seconds for secondary units to spawn.... you must have really drawn that battle out without taking any of these buildings out, which doesn't make any sense strategically.

I'm sorry, just so much of this post seems so far off, I had to call it out. It seems like a lot of people doing a LOT of misinformation posting to raise panic levels. Its like we're afraid Hillary is running for election again around here........

I do have a video of it actually. I meant he had more troops than buildings in a figurative sense, but I went ahead & counted just for you. Between the four guard reserve buffs he had activated & his squad center troops, he had 56 units on his base in a 1 minute & a few seconds attack (3 rebels & 2 bantha × 4 barracks × 2 spawns = 40, 1 skiff + 1 bike × 3 factories × 2 spawns = 12, & squad center had @ least 4 units in it. 4+12+40=56) By the way, I am the person that mined the data that you're referencing back to me.

https://youtu.be/QUA-jAbToZs
Last edited by C20H25N30 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C20H25N30-Level 8-Empire-NoFear Squad-Officer
ISD(iStarDestroyer)-Level 9-Empire-NoFear Squad
C20H25N30-Level 5-Rebels
Line ID-c20h25n30

DeathStriker

Post#26 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Boog wrote:... what in the hell is a 'Desert Skiff'? It stands to reason it will be buffed very soon on Tatooine and Erkit.

EVERYONE - "Desert Skiff" is what the Rebel Anti-Vehicle Skiff is called in the Game Data File downloaded from Disney Servers.

⇨ There is no plan for a Desert Ops "version" of the Rebel Skiff.

Keeping Everyone Informed...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

C20H25N30
Commander

Post#27 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:01 pm

Does anyone know what the actual numbers are for the new Vanguard unit? Didn't it get upgraded with this event?
C20H25N30-Level 8-Empire-NoFear Squad-Officer
ISD(iStarDestroyer)-Level 9-Empire-NoFear Squad
C20H25N30-Level 5-Rebels
Line ID-c20h25n30

DeathStriker

Post#28 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:14 pm

C20H25N30 wrote:Does anyone know what the actual numbers are for the new Vanguard unit? Didn't it get upgraded with this event?

C20H25N30 - This should be in the Game Data.

What we DO know is from the Developer Notes:

Unit Update

• The Rebel Vanguard's targeting behavior has been updated to prioritize heavy vehicles, such as AT-ATs, while on defense.
  • Rebel Vanguard damage has been increased versus heavy vehicles.
Adding to this Thread...

Rypcord
Captain

Post#29 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:25 pm

C20H25N30 wrote:
Rypcord wrote:

I do have a video of it actually. I meant he had more troops than buildings in a figurative sense, but I went ahead & counted just for you. Between the four guard reserve buffs he had activated & his squad center troops, he had 56 units on his base in a 1 minute & a few seconds attack (3 rebels & 2 bantha × 4 barracks × 2 spawns = 40, 1 skiff + 1 bike × 3 factories × 2 spawns = 12, & squad center had @ least 4 units in it. 4+12+40=56) By the way, I am the person that mined the data that you're referencing back to me.

https://youtu.be/QUA-jAbToZs

I watched the vid, but I couldn't tell, were the Baracks and Factory glowing like the turrets/walls do when the armory is activated for them?

Did you blur off AC/DC's level and stuff? Not sure why that wasn't visible. The vid was hard to tell if the barracks/factory glowed or not. But if they do, I'm a bit confused by your strategy to attack. You attack at both poles, opening the SC to unload, and if the factory is glowing, should be clear that it's buff'd meaning it will spawn.

I see that you were right about someone out there already having all of those guard reserves done, but this guy has to be an exception. As that has HAD to cost a bit of money/lots of crystal/hacking. Even after hitting up each planet for the crates, and a couple of HD's, and the daily crates, I'm only up to 12-14 on the one reserve, and around 4-8 on the others.

I'm even getting IG-86 and Rebel Vanguard and Shock Trooper frags from some of the crates/HD defenses (for 3 stars). I doubt we will come across for a while too many people with more than 1 of the reserves, let alone at a DECENT level to make them all that great, and then to even be USING all of them. That's 57/60 of your armory assuming level 10.

DeathStriker

Post#30 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:48 pm

Rypcord wrote:I watched the vid, but I couldn't tell, were the Baracks and Factory glowing like the turrets/walls do when the armory is activated for them?

Rypcord - NO - Barracks / Factory do not glow.

This is a current "issue" with this latest Update.

Return to “General Discussions”