Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Xinix
Major General

Re: Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

Post#151 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:02 am

wesman21 wrote:Downside of winning defenses however is that I get 3 or 4 wins before losing and therefore getting loads of my resources raided, so now if I am wanting to save up my resources I occasionally pull out my HQ from the middle of the base and put it out in the open hoping to get a defensive loss and earn some hours of protection.

If you tinker around with it a bit, at some stage you can often save most of the CB and half your alloy (don't care about credits). Sure, does not always work, but losing just a few kCB in a string of attacks (with 20+kCB on offer each time) is good for the lolz. Main trick is finding a way so at least one shield is still protecting it at the end, to prevent air siphoning off the pink goodies.

Per
Lieutenant

Post#152 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:19 pm

OP boosted snipers reserves are totally unbalanced
compared to rebels vanguard.. fuck disney

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#153 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Per wrote:OP boosted snipers reserves are totally unbalanced

I'll trade in my buffed sniper reserves for your buffed jets any day. But you can't have it tilted in favor of the Rebs without a counterbalance for the Imps.
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

boshuda21
Commodore

Post#154 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:33 pm

spootieho wrote:I'd be happy if I stopped getting frags for things that I can't max out.

What do you mean by this?

I'm lv 9 and all equipment that I collected for lv 10 upgrades stops giving me frags. So right now I collect turret frags from all crates rewarding structure frags (carbonite, free crates, blue crates, etc). I don't get frags for any equipment that I have already 'maxed out'.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#155 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:52 pm

boshuda21 wrote:
spootieho wrote:I'd be happy if I stopped getting frags for things that I can't max out.

What do you mean by this?

I'm lv 9 and all equipment that I collected for lv 10 upgrades stops giving me frags. So right now I collect turret frags from all crates rewarding structure frags (carbonite, free crates, blue crates, etc). I don't get frags for any equipment that I have already 'maxed out'.

I wrote that at level 6. Level 7 now. Still pretty much feel that way. At level 5, I was getting a lot more gems and no equipment frags.

What did I mean by that? Consider, having Alloy Bracing maxed at level 6, yet constantly getting frags for it instead of other things you might need. You end up with 1300 more frags you can't use yet at your level. Sure it all adds up and will be available, but it's a drag/bummer to get crates that just have those frags you don't care about and can't use yet.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

ObiTwo
Major General

Post#156 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:38 pm

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
Per wrote:OP boosted snipers reserves are totally unbalanced

I'll trade in my buffed sniper reserves for your buffed jets any day. But you can't have it tilted in favor of the Rebs without a counterbalance for the Imps.

Blah blah. Jets and jumps are about equal, jumps fire faster, jets do more damage. Snipers vs vans, no comparison. Trade away and then never win another defense again.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

boshuda21
Commodore

Post#157 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:50 am

spootieho wrote:I wrote that at level 6. Level 7 now. Still pretty much feel that way. At level 5, I was getting a lot more gems and no equipment frags.

What did I mean by that? Consider, having Alloy Bracing maxed at level 6, yet constantly getting frags for it instead of other things you might need. You end up with 1300 more frags you can't use yet at your level. Sure it all adds up and will be available, but it's a drag/bummer to get crates that just have those frags you don't care about and can't use yet.

gotcha. I figured you were probably lower than lv 9.

I don't know if it's a consolation or not, but at least you were earning frags since lv 6, rather than lv 8 or higher like some of us. So there is a silver lining to it.

ASHII
Storm Trooper

Post#158 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:11 am

I WANNA REMOVE THE EMPIRE BARRACKS -_-

ZeryabPrime
Commodore

Post#159 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:47 am

ASHII wrote:I WANNA REMOVE THE EMPIRE BARRACKS -_-

:lol: :lol: :lol: Why don't you strike them out with your Starships?? :twisted: :lol: :lol:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

MasterCheez0324
Captain

Post#160 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:01 am

ASHII wrote:I WANNA REMOVE THE EMPIRE BARRACKS -_-

I WANNA REMOVE REBEL JETS -_-

Return to “General Discussions”