Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Burrito
Commodore

Re: Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

Post#121 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:26 am

Plagueis wrote:
StrikerRebel wrote:Sorry guys, if I understand right, they change nothing, only spawn time ?? It sounds like a big joke for me. Okay Im out thats it, never play that idiot game.

They lowered the level of guard reserve snipes so essentially they do less damage and reduced the spawn time for vans so your guard reserve is more effective. If you are a rebel, you have no reason to complain.

They are rebels, complaining is one of their features.

RDjedi
Commander

Post#122 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:49 am

Imps complaining about the rebs complaining after complaining themselves is one of the imps features

andres124
Officer

Post#123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:55 pm

can anybody tell me what guard reserves equipment and defensive equipment are best to equip in armory?

Burrito
Commodore

Post#124 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:03 pm

For Empire I put on storm skin, storm GR and sniper GR
For rebel I put on trooper skin, trooper GR and and vanguard GR (or bikes, or dewback) whatever I am in the mood for.

Works well so far, it isn't perfect but at level 8 you can boost a turret type, at level 7 i boost my walls. It is basically a way to slow them down, none of the good damage units are going to live long without a screener. Make sure to keep bikes in a buried SC that is shielded. Or jump/jet if you have access to them. If you are going to get filled with jump/jet skin them every time. Then use light infantry and dew for screeners. With barracks under the shields for sure.

EDIT:

Also don't forget to change things up with placement and try new combos. It is a good thing to failboat and fall on your face. Changing things up keeps it interesting and you might even learn something :)My favorite thing to do is ditch a long build high cap unit or 2 and throw in some stuff that isn't "best" at the moment and see if I can knock off 4-10 min off my build time and still have a good success rate at 95%+'ing a base. It will get you thinking about deployment and different ways to use the more standard units also. Watch people face roll your base and learn from it.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

Per

Post#125 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:12 pm

snipers vs vanguards in reserves ? thats total unfair and unbalanced

really disney ?..f*ck you..iam done with this sh*ty,bugy,lagy game

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#126 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:18 pm

Buffed jets with 53% more damage than buffed jumps isn't exactly fair, either.

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#127 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Those snipers in GR are low level too. They've been neutered. SC Snips w/ rodian skins are way way more powerful.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#128 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:49 pm

In my view the Sniper guard reserve was required for Imps to provide defense against the very overpowered buffed Jet Troops (as per Boog's comment they are much more powerful than the Imps Jump troops). However on a couple of occasions i have had vanguards take out a heap of my jump troops in only a couple of shots. Overall I think things are pretty even now the astromech was removed for the Imps.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#129 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:42 pm

sniper GR came out before buffed jets/jumps. Buffed jets were needed as it was near impossible to beat pre-nerf sniper GR.
Without the astromed, its much more even. I still win plenty of defences though, so the anti-buffed jet propaganda doesn't stack up.
My poor, weak jumps still manage to beat up higher level rebel bases too so a lack of damage isn't all that noticeable.
I think we are at a happy medium now, so lets put this to bed please?

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#130 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:29 pm

I highly recommend every rebel turn their armory equipment and guard reserve off.

Return to “General Discussions”