Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Tornado

Re: Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

Post#111 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:11 pm

What is the feeling about the Armory buff for Sharpshooters?

I feel the Rebels are screwed again. The empire bases will have a major defensive boost. The Rebels get nothing. AGAIN.

As a new level 9 with L9 Jet packs I am starting to get some wins against Empire bases with Sniper Guard Reserves active. With a 49% buff, I can not see me ever getting 100% against a half decent player.

GUARD RESERVES SHOULD NOT GET THE ARMORY BUFFS, in my opinion, I can not see another solution other than taking the snipers away from the guard reserves, which should never have been included.

Look forward to the discussion.

Tornado

Post#112 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:40 am

Well as I feared, had my first match against an Empire base L8 with Sniper Guard Reserve with the new Armory buff turned on. My L9 JP's with L5 Armory buff, L9 Chewy and 2 Recon Sharpshooters got 35% damage and no HQ to save the day.

I would have to use all my Fangs and X wings to try to get a 50% win. Playing a match every 2 hours while Starships rebuild has no attraction for me.

Does anybody have an suggestions as to a possible troop configuration? Please do not suggest X-winging his barracks and Sc as they are usually protected by shields.

Please developers, turn off the Armory buffs for the Guard Reserves!!!!

Tornado.

Boog
Admiral

Post#113 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:07 am

I would try more vehicles. Our (imp) guard reserve are designed to stop infantry. The snipers have multipliers for infantry, and they pretty much ignore vehicles until all infantry are dead. The multipliers for infantry are 300%, but for vehicles it's 200% and bruiser vehicles it's 150%. So, tanks would be what I'd go with.

Also, the attack that destroys me (I have level 5 sniper GR and level 4 rodians) is to first trigger the sc, deka, etc. with a sacrificial troop, drop Luke in on corner (far away), let him pull in all the GR, etc. Then come hard from the other direction. All the good attackers destroy me that way. OTOH, I've beaten 16 buffed jets when they are spammed from a dumbass direction with no strategy or thought at all to the attack. The all jet attack works, though, if you pull the troops one direction with bait, then attack from the other. Still, I'd have tanks in there.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that the devs want imps to attack with vehicles and rebs to attack with infantry. So, most imps protect against infantry while rebs protect against vehicles. The obvious strategy is to attack opposite to how people defend. When I personally go against hard bases, I use all infantry. Reb defenses (including GR) usually aren't set for that. At least, it's easy enough to find a vulnerable base to attack. Were I a rebel (thank god i'm not), I'd be looking to hit bases vulnerable to tanks, and I'd also be looking to bait the snipers out in the open where they are easily dealt with.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#114 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:14 am

Boog wrote:I would try more vehicles. Our (imp) guard reserve are designed to stop infantry. The snipers have multipliers for infantry, and they pretty much ignore vehicles until all infantry are dead. The multipliers for infantry are 300%, but for vehicles it's 200% and bruiser vehicles it's 150%. So, tanks would be what I'd go with.

Also, the attack that destroys me (I have level 5 sniper GR and level 4 rodians) is to first trigger the sc, deka, etc. with a sacrificial troop, drop Luke in on corner (far away), let him pull in all the GR, etc. Then come hard from the other direction. All the good attackers destroy me that way. OTOH, I've beaten 16 buffed jets when they are spammed from a dumbass direction with no strategy or thought at all to the attack. The all jet attack works, though, if you pull the troops one direction with bait, then attack from the other. Still, I'd have tanks in there.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that the devs want imps to attack with vehicles and rebs to attack with infantry. So, most imps protect against infantry while rebs protect against vehicles. The obvious strategy is to attack opposite to how people defend. When I personally go against hard bases, I use all infantry. Reb defenses (including GR) usually aren't set for that. At least, it's easy enough to find a vulnerable base to attack. Were I a rebel (thank god i'm not), I'd be looking to hit bases vulnerable to tanks, and I'd also be looking to bait the snipers out in the open where they are easily dealt with.

It's not bad advice to use vehicles, but other than the tx tanks, there aren't any armory skins to support them. It's not practical.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#115 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:26 am

Boog wrote:... I have level 5 sniper GR and level 4 rodians ...

My GR sniper is still L2 and I only got 10 frags for the sniper buff and needing 10 more to unlock.

And someone already had it at L4. Geez. So jealous. LOL.

StrikerRebel
Captain

Post#116 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:41 am

Sorry guys, if I understand right, they change nothing, only spawn time ?? It sounds like a big joke for me. Okay Im out thats it, never play that idiot game.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#117 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:53 am

StrikerRebel wrote:Sorry guys, if I understand right, they change nothing, only spawn time ?? It sounds like a big joke for me. Okay Im out thats it, never play that idiot game.

They lowered the level of guard reserve snipes so essentially they do less damage and reduced the spawn time for vans so your guard reserve is more effective. If you are a rebel, you have no reason to complain.

Boog
Admiral

Post#118 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:41 am

StrikerRebel wrote:Sorry guys, if I understand right, they change nothing, only spawn time ?? It sounds like a big joke for me. Okay Im out thats it, never play that idiot game.

No, vanguards *still* do more damage than shock troopers of an equal level, as they *always* have. The devs didn't fix that inequity, either.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#119 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:31 am

Plagueis wrote:

They lowered the level of guard reserve snipes so essentially they do less damage and reduced the spawn time for vans so your guard reserve is more effective. If you are a rebel, you have no reason to complain.

What I'm seein is that my Level 6 GR Snipers + Medics, with Snipers Troop Level 4 and Medics Level 3 were nerfed. My Level 6 GR Snipers has no Medics anymore but Sniper Troop only Level 2 now. And from now on, at level 7-8-9 of GR skin, the Snipers are only level 3, and at level 10 of GR skin they are only Level 4, while the old buff the Sniper GR at Level 10 had level 6 Snipers. Imperials lost 2 levels of their Snipers and the Medics. It's a significative change.

This will force me and others level 8 to upgrade to level 9 to get one more slot for Armory to use the Rodian skin with the Snipers, and increase the Snipers damage with the Tie-Bomber attacks, what doesn't change much thing, because Rebels still don't have sharpshooters in GR and can't use Sullustan skins for their GR, only SC. They buffed the Rebel Vanguard GR, so what? What kind of Imperial attacker use vehicles when they have skins for Jumps?

I want to see how things will go on, but I think this hotfix was a joke.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Imperial HQ10 on Vacation!
Rebel HQ10 on Vacation and Rebel HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 Squad)

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#120 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:46 am

mkenobi wrote:
Plagueis wrote:

What I'm seein is that my Level 6 GR Snipers + Medics, with Snipers Troop Level 4 and Medics Level 3 were nerfed. My Level 6 GR Snipers has no Medics anymore but Sniper Troop only Level 2 now. And from now on, at level 7-8-9 of GR skin, the Snipers are only level 3, and at level 10 of GR skin they are only Level 4, while the old buff the Sniper GR at Level 10 had level 6 Snipers. Imperials lost 2 levels of their Snipers and the Medics. It's a significative change.

This will force me and others level 8 to upgrade to level 9 to get one more slot for Armory to use the Rodian skin with the Snipers, and increase the Snipers damage with the Tie-Bomber attacks, what doesn't change much thing, because Rebels still don't have sharpshooters in GR and can't use Sullustan skins for their GR, only SC. They buffed the Rebel Vanguard GR, so what? What kind of Imperial attacker use vehicles when they have skins for Jumps?

I want to see how things will go on, but I think this hotfix was a joke.

+1000,a real fix should either change both faction to shock GR or Sniper GR ,no meds dough,fair for both so no one complain anymore.
Luke this the "fix" is only half fix

Return to “General Discussions”