Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
C20H25N30
Commander

Re: Guard Reserve - How Best To Use - Discussion Thread

Post#11 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:32 am

RDJedi,

I just got decimated by a level 10 base with Anti-Infantry Factory, Anti-vehicle Factory, Melee Bruiser Barracks, & Light Infantry Barracks buffs on with 2x walls. The dude had more units on his base than buildings in a minute. For both factions, this is going to be difficult to get accustomed to. @ this point, I'm wondering if anyone has even managed a 100% attack with 3-4 good guard reserve buffs on on either side.

P.S.- If my memory serves me correctly, every single Imperial unit will walk by a bike or skiff unless it's preferred target is tye closest target. Empire players don't have a single unit that specifically targets vehicles. In my opinion, that's why we have snipers with r5 medics.
Last edited by C20H25N30 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
C20H25N30-Level 8-Empire-NoFear Squad-Officer
ISD(iStarDestroyer)-Level 9-Empire-NoFear Squad
C20H25N30-Level 5-Rebels
Line ID-c20h25n30

C20H25N30
Commander

Post#12 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:35 am

On a different note, I think using TIE Fighters/X-Wings would work good. Especially on the bases with barracks & factories all over the base so units will stop spawning. Was thinking Kessen might go good with that loadout.
C20H25N30-Level 8-Empire-NoFear Squad-Officer
ISD(iStarDestroyer)-Level 9-Empire-NoFear Squad
C20H25N30-Level 5-Rebels
Line ID-c20h25n30

Boog
Admiral

Post#13 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:17 am

RDjedi wrote:Clear imbalance in the new update....

New defense and barrack factories upgrades for empire that produce MHCs and snipers with med droids...... Again if you look at the health, range and firepower of the units the empire recieves, those units greatly outgun the reb equivalents. Why doesn't rebs get med droids? How does Vans compare the firepower and range of snipers with meds?
Furthermore, on Hoth, the MHCs, if skin is active, get the OP CW MHC buff (>300%). There is no equivalent. If you want to know why rebs are complaining, there is your answer. You don't have enough fangs to deal with spawning CW MHCs. The devs need to implement an update fast that stops spawning MHCs from being CW MHCs.

I'm not sure any of that is true. Just looking at the banthas and dewbacks, higher level banthas spawn. I haven't looked at the tables for either, but a level 4 dewback is probably pretty comparable to a level 7 bantha (outside of speed). And while you're complaining about cold-weather MHC's, I'm wondering what a "Desert Skiff" is. Considering that Desert Jumps/Jetpacks are on the horizon, it sure sounds like "Desert Skiffs" are as well. Rebs will have them on two planets.

Since the armory arrived, there have been a lot of complaints that it has made both sides too similar. Now, it sounds like there are a lot of complaints that the tactical defense boosts are too different. Lol. Someone needs to run the numbers to see if there really is any imbalance between a sniper and a vanguard, considering that the Vans are higher in level. The same goes for the other defenses as well.

TNT
Major General

Post#14 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:14 pm

Xinix wrote:Superficially the Imp buffs seem better.

In practice the standard LOLHEAVYMEDCOMBO111 hardly notices a few additional troops streaming in, whereas 3 skiffs easily eliminate an eATAT or multiple MHCs in seconds, and the mostly low level Imp medics cannot keep up with the additional damage inflicted by the anti-infantry units.

This is why you now suddenly see lots of high level Rebs with massive resource stockpiles all over the place: they simply cannot be touched by any Imp army, so they no longer gain protection ... but somehow still find it easy enough to load up on loot themselves.

But I'm sure the latter will be conveniently ignored by all the Rebs here, who will undoubtedly scream for changes (otherwise they are all gonna quit in droves) in order to make life even easier in practice.

Right, I'm going to love watching my vans one by one one shot your entire army...
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#15 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:24 pm

I see this change made attacks much harder for both factions.
And we should just pick dev bases to attack if we want to win :)

Defenders
Commodore

Post#16 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:29 pm

This my strategy: bait with gamo, then use Kessen to blast everything away and quickly air the barracks
ActiveDonatorYMW PERK:35
HQ9 x2 Faction:Rebel
Windows Survivor

Boog
Admiral

Post#17 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Here are some quick comparisons for the troops coming from barracks, ignoring the soldier/storm trooper buff:

Level 1:
Bantha Level 7: 1680 Damage; 9690 Health
Dewback Level 2: 1430 Damage; 11420 Health

The Bantha does 17.4% more damage, the dewback has 17.8% more health. They both suck equally attacking troops.

Level 10:
Bantha Level 9: 1940 Damage; 11170 Health
Dewback Level 4: 1600 Damage; 12780 Health

The Bantha does 21.2% more damage, the dewback has 14.4% more health.

This is pretty much a draw. Dewbacks are faster, but that may mean they die faster. Who knows?

=============================

Level 1:
Vanguard Level 8: 4122 Damage; 8560 Health Vehicle: 100% (?); splash: 100, 50, 10, 5
Sniper Level 4: 1232 Damage; 4480 Health Infantry: 300%
Astromedic Level 1: 865 Damage; 11700 Health

The Vanguard does 11.5% more damage to its regular vehicles than the sniper does to regular infantry. The Vanguard has 91.1% more health than the sniper, but the sniper has a healer, so all I can say is "It's complicated." Lol.

Level 10:
Vanguard Level 10: 4872 Damage; 9610 Health Vehicle: 100% (?); splash: 100, 50, 10, 5
Sniper Level 6: 1540 Damage; 5600 Health Infantry: 300%
Astromedic Level 5: 865 Damage; 14600 Health

The Vanguard does 5.5% more damage to its regular vehicles than the sniper does to regular infantry. The Vanguard has 63.6% more health than the sniper.

The numbers are from the wiki, I can't vouch for them being up-to-date. The Vanguard multipliers may be different. Yes, the sniper has a healer, but it also has low health. The vanguard does splash data. I would say it's not so easy to determine which of the two is better, although you do have to kill twice as many troops from the imp barracks.

=============================

Boog
Admiral

Post#18 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Now, a look at the factory buffs:

Anti-Infantry

Level 1
Rebel Bike level 1: 900 Damage; 9000 Health 150% to infantry
Imp Bike level 1: 920 Damage; 9240 Health 150% to infantry

Imp bikes are better. By 2.2% on damage and 2.7% on health.

Level 10
Rebel Bike level 3: 970 Damage; 10450 Health 150% to infantry
Imp Bike level 3: 1050 Damage; 11090 Health 150% to infantry

Imp bikes are better. By 8.2% on damage and 6.1% on health.

There is not a whole lot of difference at the low levels (probably less than one shot by any unit), and it gets slightly bigger at the high levels. Again, it may not be more than one shot, though.

====================================

Anti-Vehicle

Level 1
Desert Skiff level 2: 1610 Damage; 11710 Health 400% to vehicles
MHC level 3: 1680 Damage; 15120 Health 300% to vehicles

The skiff does 27.8% more damage to vehicles. The MHC has 29.1% more health. Seems like a wash to me. Skiff are also 3X faster, which may be good or bad. That's up to the designer of the base.

Level 10
Desert Skiff level 4: 1760 Damage; 12800 Health 400% to vehicles
MHC level 5 (at level 9): 2160 Damage; 19400 Health 300% to vehicles

Level 10 MHC is a 4 with a higher spawn rate, so I'm comparing the level 9 mhc's. Anyway, the level 10 skiff has 8.6% more damage than the level 9 mhc. The mhc has 51.5% more health.

MHC's are buffed on Hoth, *but*, what in the hell is a 'Desert Skiff'? It stands to reason it will be buffed very soon on Tatooine and Erkit. The vehicles are different-one is sort of fast, one is slow as hell. Depending on base design and SC contents, either could excel.

I forgot to add that MHC's do splash damage: 100:75:50. That's definitely a bonus for the empire.

Moadib
Commodore

Post#19 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Desert skiff is regular skiff and the end just a fancy name brought up when first desert troops conflicts appeared .

Skiff still has targeting issues dating from 2015 ,it will travel to units first location when it targeted it , so when that unit moves skiff first has to acknowledge the new position then go after it again a broken unit for 2y devs know it tickets were sent with replays but nothing has changed

imp you all know it and have seen this bug .......
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

Boog
Admiral

Post#20 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Moadib wrote:Desert skiff is regular skiff and the end just a fancy name brought up when first desert troops conflicts appeared .

Skiff still has targeting issues dating from 2015 ,it will travel to units first location when it targeted it , so when that unit moves skiff first has to acknowledge the new position then go after it again a broken unit for 2y devs know it tickets were sent with replays but nothing has changed

imp you all know it and have seen this bug .......

I do? Guess not. MHC's have horrible tracking as well. This occurs across the board.

Return to “General Discussions”