INFO: Getting New Members Into A Squad

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Swad
Major General

Re: Getting new members into a squad ?

Post#21 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:34 am

Defenders wrote:
Swad wrote:
Downmachine wrote:Whats the squad auto fill?

It is an automated procedure that fills squads with players who currently have no squad.

If that always gappens then why is my squad still stuck at ten people?

There certainly seems to be an issue with autofill. Either there are no new players or they have stopped the process for the moment.
The recent server crashes have left thousands of experienced players with a brand new level 1 base. I guess they wont autofill until they have resolved the issues.
Note that even with autofill, conditions apply as discussed earlier.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 8 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

Napalm
Commodore

Post#22 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Swad wrote:
Defenders wrote:If that always gappens then why is my squad still stuck at ten people?

There certainly seems to be an issue with autofill. Either there are no new players or they have stopped the process for the moment.
The recent server crashes have left thousands of experienced players with a brand new level 1 base. I guess they wont autofill until they have resolved the issues.

Be sure the squad is set to open (vs. request) and do not set any medal minimum.

It takes about 24 hours from that point in time before auto fill kicks in.
Napalm
Rank 26 :: 148,300
Pogo
Rank 25 :: 148,200

Battalion Family. Top Squad:Wolf-Battalion

Calli
Commander

Post#23 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi Ramstrong,
Midge gave a lot of good advice.
We are trying to follow it as much as possible.
We have got new members, but they have come to us after reading this or one of my other posts.
We have also had some players popping in to offer their support, and to show activity on the account.
This is something we would love to do in the future when we have grown. :D
As for the auto-fill, we have not had one person join through it.
I have a feeling it may have something to do with the server going down the other week.
We are hoping once the server is up and running properly we will get members from the auto-fill.
How many are there in your squad ? We started with 2 and now we have 8 permanent members.
Don't give up, keep trying and please keep in touch to let me know how you are doing. :)

Calli
Commander

Post#24 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi Everyone
Thanks for all your great advice and input. :D
Also Thanks for all the offers to join your great squads, that is also really appreciated.
At the moment we have decided to stay together and try to build this squad up.
We are all in the same mind set, we love to play, chat and hopefully go to war soon.
In our last squad, there was no fun, it was war, war, war, and you were told off for using the chat for anything personal - like trying to get to know your squad mates. :evil:
We are all very happy, and are getting people from all over the world, like USA, Poland, Germany, Ireland , and the UK.
If anyone reads this and likes the sound of our mixed squad, please drop in to say hi, you never know you may like it and decide to stay. :D

Swad
Major General

Post#25 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:44 am

Best of luck Calli. You will succeed.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#26 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:35 am

Something does appear to be wrong with the autofill feature ... I don't know why they would mess with that honestly.

BUT, it is not completely screwed up. Another squad I was talking to had their players cycling in and out for a bit and after about 96 hours it triggered and they got up to 30 bodies in about 30 minutes. Of course, you then have to take the next steps once this happens to remove and stay on the featured board.

It is normally a much faster process than that though, so I don't know completely what is going on.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Defenders
Commodore

Post#27 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Napalm wrote:
Swad wrote:
Defenders wrote:If that always gappens then why is my squad still stuck at ten people?

Be sure the squad is set to open (vs. request) and do not set any medal minimum.

Nothing happened in 48 hours, what is the problem?
ActiveDonatorYMW PERK:MAX
HQ9 Faction:Rebel HQ10 Faction:IMP
Windows Survivor

Napalm
Commodore

Post#28 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Defenders wrote:
Napalm wrote:
Swad wrote:There certainly seems to be an issue with autofill. Either there are no new players or they have stopped the process for the moment.

Nothing happened in 48 hours, what is the problem?

I just tested this on our Battalion recruiting squad: Join-Battalion

After about 5 minutes the squad filled up with a bunch of low medal players.

We went from 17 up to 26 in a matter of seconds once it started. I literally can't kick them out fast enough.

Photos of autofill in action:

http://imgur.com/a/NTDy9
Last edited by Napalm on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Napalm
Pogo

Swad
Major General

Post#29 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Seems to be working for you Napalm but still not in my squad. Brand new squad on Friday, open with zero medal count, but no autofill. Not one. We have a couple of new members that joined themselves, plus a few popping in to say hi, but nothing else. Just weird.
A friend in another squad had a full top up yesterday too.

Napalm
Commodore

Post#30 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Swad wrote:Seems to be working for you Napalm but still not in my squad. Brand new squad on Friday, open with zero medal count, but no autofill. Not one. We have a couple of new members that joined themselves, plus a few popping in to say hi, but nothing else. Just weird.
A friend in another squad had a full top up yesterday too.

I'm at a loss my friend. Maybe auto-fill only works once you hit a minimum player count.
Napalm
Pogo

Return to “General Discussions”