INFO: Getting New Members Into A Squad

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Amazingsonic999
Squadron Leader

Re: INFO: Getting New Members Into A Squad

Post#141 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Can you try to get mkenobi online

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#142 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:28 am

Amazingsonic999 wrote:Can you try to get mkenobi online

Sorry, can't help anymore. I used NOX Android to create multiple emulators to host every SWC clone I had, but my NOX stopped working a few weeks ago and I couldn't make it work again -- I had to uninstall and reinstall the NOX newest version and I lost all my 30 clones (15 imp/15 reb).

I haven't time to install multiple emulators again, what I can say is maybe you can try contact Forum Member Spirit, and see if he still have his clones -- he helped me in the past and teached me how to use clones to put a squad in autofill.

Good luck!

PS: I know many wants to be leader of his own squad, but create a new squad from scratch demands a lot of work, patience and dedication until it have useful perks, and wait for weeks all alone until someone to join, if you can join a high level squad right now with high level perks, and active members needing only a few more dudes to start a war?
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Spirit
Major General

Post#143 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:34 am

Hi,

sorry but I cant help either at the moment. I dont have as much free time as I used to and once Amazon option is removed, my clones are gone.
As mkenobi and others have said many times, starting a new squad from scratch is not an easy option. While you can create the squad, getting players in can be almost impossible. Look at the squad search ingame and you see hundreds of squads with only 1 or 2 members, desperate for others to join.
My advice is not to start a brand new squad without you have a group of players lined up and ready to join.
Good luck to all players.
Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

Amazingsonic999
Squadron Leader

Post#144 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:04 am

Last time this took me 2 or 3 weeks to get members

Stockan

Post#145 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Squads name is Orcadian

Shiva
Storm Trooper

Post#146 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:06 pm

My old squad fell apart after the leader left the game. I went a few months playing randomly but in November went looking for a new squad. I found one - near death with one member (level 3) who hadn't logged on for almost a month. He was auto-removed and I suddenly became a squad leader!

I created a few clones and then waited. And waited. And waited, all while actively logging in as each clone to request and donate troops and build the bases up a bit.

Then one night I was surprised to find 30 total members! I have no idea what happened or what kicked in but we haven't lacked for new member. I have pruned out level 2s and 3s that log in once then disappear and within minutes the squad is full again.

All this is to say the process does work! It could be that it only works for higher level squads as I am no expert and just stumbled around.

And yes, I still prune out level 2s and 3s but a few mid-tier players have joined, too. It takes a lot of weeding out the players that never play again but perhaps we'll become a really active squad in the near future!

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#147 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:33 pm

Shiva wrote:My old squad fell apart after the leader left the game. I went a few months playing randomly but in November went looking for a new squad. I found one - near death with one member (level 3) who hadn't logged on for almost a month. He was auto-removed and I suddenly became a squad leader!

I created a few clones and then waited. And waited. And waited, all while actively logging in as each clone to request and donate troops and build the bases up a bit.

Then one night I was surprised to find 30 total members! I have no idea what happened or what kicked in but we haven't lacked for new member. I have pruned out level 2s and 3s that log in once then disappear and within minutes the squad is full again.

All this is to say the process does work! It could be that it only works for higher level squads as I am no expert and just stumbled around.

And yes, I still prune out level 2s and 3s but a few mid-tier players have joined, too. It takes a lot of weeding out the players that never play again but perhaps we'll become a really active squad in the near future!

What are your settings? E.g. medal requirements, open to all, etc. It's interesting that your squad autofilled without meeting the normal requirements. I think Zynga is changing the way squads are filled, but have not worked out all the bugs.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Shiva
Storm Trooper

Post#148 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:44 am

Squad level 46, Open to all, zero required medals. The only change I made in this section was to the Squad description and icon.

Let me clarify and maybe that will determine if we met the requirements or not. When I said "a few" clones, I made 5. Then two friends joined for a total of 8 players. It was two, maybe three weeks later that the squad suddenly jumped to 30 members.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#149 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:38 pm

Shiva wrote:Squad level 46, Open to all, zero required medals. The only change I made in this section was to the Squad description and icon.

Let me clarify and maybe that will determine if we met the requirements or not. When I said "a few" clones, I made 5. Then two friends joined for a total of 8 players. It was two, maybe three weeks later that the squad suddenly jumped to 30 members.

Our squad keeps getting capped at 20 members. We can get a little over that, when we have players leave and rejoin, but that gets annoying after a while. Especially since we usually churn through a bunch of newbies, to get to players who are active. We enjoy helping new players, as long as they are active and communicate.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Defenders
Commodore

Post#150 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:31 pm

Does anyone know if these tips still work? I worked for me a year ago but when I start our second squad it doesn't seem to be working.
ActiveDonator Family
HQ 11 Faction:Rebel HQ 11 Faction:IMP
Windows Survivor

Return to “General Discussions”