INFO: Getting New Members Into A Squad

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spirit
Commodore

Re: INFO: Getting New Members Into A Squad

Post#111 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:20 am

FelixKostobi wrote:I recently helped a new squad to start autofill option. It was started AFTER they reached 15 members in total (with help from bases moved from our squad to theirs) but as soon as they reached 15 members didn't take long to get the newbies. So autofill definitely is still working.

Hi FelixKostobi.

Yes I agree that squads are filling up with newbies as you suggest, but think they choose to join after being prompted to, rather than be moved in automatically, as was the case.

I have created many "clone" accounts and each is steered towards joining a squad.

Either way, as long as the squad fills, that is the most important thing.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

swfanyl
Officer

Post#112 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:45 pm

My squad hit a wall with squad war so we decided to start a new squad to test a war match theory. Need 2 more players to start wars and test our sw match theory - Empire: USA-501st-sqwar

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#113 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:38 pm

swfanyl wrote:My squad hit a wall with squad war so we decided to start a new squad to test a war match theory. Need 2 more players to start wars and test our sw match theory - Empire: USA-501st-sqwar

you will get same matches as you got before with old squad.
Matching is based on total base strength of members and medal count,if you put same members in a new squad = same matches as before.
If you want to improve your war performances either have ppl on so you can coordinate them or take your active members and merge to another squad that is also active so you can war properly.
squad war is about a unified and coordinated effort ,if that part is missing you have no chance against another squad,even with lower lvl members then yours but more coordinated

DeathStriker

Post#114 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:09 am

REPOST FROM ANOTHER TOPIC - Found here

Spirit wrote:I have helped 2 squads fill with newbies this week so that part of the system (we sometimes call it autofill) is working. To ensure autofill works, you must:

- have at least 10, ideally more, active members higher than lev2
- drop medal count to zero ( raise it for a few mins every day then drop to zero)
- to be on the main featured list, 15 is the minimum requirement

If still no joy, pm me to help.

Good luck

Spirit wrote:
Fritzie wrote:Why do you have to drop the medal count?

Zero medal requirement ( sorry not medal count) is the only way to get the quick fill of new players. Higher medal req is ok once you have 15 active players.
The main thing is to remove inactive players as soon as possible and keep membership over 15. Once it drops below 15, drop medal req to zero.
Also something is often needed to "trigger" getting onto featured list, autofill. Changing the medal count or a player leaving seems to create this trigger.

mkenobi wrote:And yes, Spirit did a wonderful job helping my current Imperial Squad that was diying to get filled with new players in just a few hours. If someone can help a squad to reborn, is him.

Spirit wrote:Thanks mkenobi, I did it with your help. You are great at building the squads up. Good luck

Cudos to Spirit for taking on the "mission" of their Brother Swad whom recently passed away (as reported here). Swad in the past help several Squads get off the ground - Death_Striker Squad was one of many whom Swad helped.

⇨ NEED HELP WITH YOUR SQUAD? PM Spirit and they will try to do what they can.

Players helping Players is one good thing about the SWC Community... :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Spirit
Commodore

Post#115 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:37 am

Thanks DS. Comments are appreciated and yes, always ready to help.

Note that I am lousy at PvP and worse at war. Lol
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

Gudires
Storm Trooper

Post#116 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:55 am

:D Hi there. First post in the forums. Just wanted to say thank you for the information in this post. We, too, have been having issues with getting new members. We tried the suggestions in our older squad and they worked well. We are still working on our newer one. Anyway, thanks for the tips! May the 4th be with you all! :)

biisrosan
Squadron Leader

Post#117 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Hey guys, trying this with our prep training squad at the moment. We have 16 in squad after cull who are jumping in and out and actively requesting and donating, but not getting on featured list. We have setting on "open to all" with medal requirement set to 500 to prevent auto fill with 0-100 medal players.

Just looking for some new padawans in the 4-6 range who are active and willing to play.

Any tips?
Looking for some FUN while you chase your crates and lay the smack down on the imperial scourge? Come and join us at Kenobi-Academy.

War twice a week. Wanna visit? Then search Kenobi-Academy and say hi!

DeathStriker

Post#118 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:49 pm

biisrosan wrote:Hey guys, trying this with our prep training squad at the moment. We have 16 in squad after cull who are jumping in and out and actively requesting and donating, but not getting on featured list. We have setting on "open to all" with medal requirement set to 500 to prevent auto fill with 0-100 medal players.

Just looking for some new padawans in the 4-6 range who are active and willing to play.

Any tips?

biisrosan - Unlike the "Auto-Fill" Process which is automatic, the "Feature Squad List" is manual, that is after the game places your Squad on the Feature Squad List a Player must "Manually" choose your Squad and click on Join.

A lot of Squads have seen a decline in Players "manually" joining Squads from the Feature Squad List which has resulted in longer times between reaching the "requirement" of 15 to 19 Players and the time when a Player joins..

I recommend you just be patient and wait for 24 to 48 hours to see what happens.

Sorry I could not be more help...

biisrosan
Squadron Leader

Post#119 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:11 am

Hey guys looking for help here. Have created a new squad to run seperate from the main purely for recruiting and training ppl new to the game. It is just a little project I am doing for my squad while I have a break from the game.

If there are any rebels who have any dummy accounts or minis they can afford to park for a day or two I would greatly appreciate it. Just while the autofill kicks in then I can manage it from there to give this project a kick start.

Squad name: Kenobi-Arena

Come pay a visit. I'll stand you a round in the cantina :)
Looking for some FUN while you chase your crates and lay the smack down on the imperial scourge? Come and join us at Kenobi-Academy.

War twice a week. Wanna visit? Then search Kenobi-Academy and say hi!

DeathStriker

Post#120 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 am

biisrosan wrote:If there are any rebels who have any dummy accounts or minis they can afford to park for a day or two I would greatly appreciate it. Just while the autofill kicks in then I can manage it from there to give this project a kick start.

biisrosan - PM Forum Member Spirit and he will help.

Return to “General Discussions”