INFO: Getting New Members Into A Squad

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Xcom
Squadron Leader

Re: INFO: Getting New Members Into A Squad

Post#101 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:10 pm

DS: We are open to all and we have 0 medal requirements. Auto-fill doesn't seem to work.

DeathStriker

Post#102 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:33 pm

Xcom wrote:DS: We are open to all and we have 0 medal requirements. Auto-fill doesn't seem to work.

Xcom... You could wait for 24 hours or perhaps remove a few Members whom can re-join to "stimulate" process.

Again... Auto-Fill has to look for Un-Attached Members and perhaps with the state of the game there are fewer than before so it takes a while...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Xcom
Squadron Leader

Post#103 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:20 am

I don't know what happened, but suddenly at exactly at 07:00 PM my local time (when the HD defense also starts), we got maxed out with new members. And I didn't change any squad settings, we had 0 medal and open to all for weeks without anything happened.

But now it all looks good, back to wars! :)

DeathStriker

Post#104 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Xcom wrote:I don't know what happened, but suddenly at exactly at 07:00 PM my local time (when the HD defense also starts), we got maxed out with new members. And I didn't change any squad settings, we had 0 medal and open to all for weeks without anything happened.

But now it all looks good, back to wars! :)

Xcom - Glad to see things worked out... enjoy the New Members... :D

RylosAlchiban
Commander

Post#105 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:52 pm

As of the current Demolition Droid event the Auto-Fill feature on my squad seems to be busted. we were flooded with new members right before this event began. I emailed Disney Tech support and I kid you not - they replied:

As for an auto-fill option to have Commanders join a squad, we will pass this feedback to the Development Team. We are unable to guarantee this will be a feature added in the future, but with new content and fixes being applied, who knows.

Sincerely,

Frank
STAR WARS™: Commander Support

Who is running the tech support over there Rian Johnson???

Anyway we could use some help over at AquillianRangers jumpstarting the Auto-Fill process. Thank you kindly.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Last Jedi - A Terrible Movie :cry:

MarshallMatrix
Squadron Leader

Post#106 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:05 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Weggie2 wrote:What is auto fill?

How does a new squad get to that point?

We are two players (so far) who got tired of the lack of participation and communication for wars.

Dark-Hunters

A rebel squad FYI

Weggie2 - There are two ways the game helps you in getting new Squad Members, one is the Featured Squad List and the other is what to referred to as "Auto-Fill".

• Featured Squad List: This this the "list" of Squads that is found when you click on Leaders > Squad > Featured. Once your Squad has 14 to 20 Players your Squad has the chance to appear on this Feature Squad List. The Key thing here is that your Squad MUST be set to have a 500 (or higher) Medal Count. This "features" works with both Open to All. If you use Request Only your Medal Count will be 0 and can not be changed.

• Auto-Fill Feature: This was a feature added to the game in 2015. Its purpose is to take Players which are NOT IN A SQUAD and "automatically add them" to any Squad with the following setup: Open to All and have a 0 Medal Count. The Auto-Fill Feature will add anyone HQ 2 or higher currently not in a Squad automatically to your Squad until you get to 30 Members.
Often you would "turn on" the Auto-Fill Feature by setting your Squad to Open to All / 0 Medal Requirement, then get some New Members and then switch your Medal Requirement to 500 (lowest possible setting) to stop Autofill (or at least get Members with 500 or more Medals).

Once your Member Count = 14 to 20 and your Medal Count is 500+ the Feature Squad List kicks in.

Hope this helps answer your questions...

Auto-fill use to work and new players would flood in. That doesn’t happen anymore, recently. Anyone else seeing an issue with auto-fill, and the inability to get new players?
AWookieNation

Spirit
Commodore

Post#107 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:19 am

I dont think the autofill feature, as such, is operational any more. I now think that the brand new players get their own version of the featured list. Each time they log in after creating an account, they are forced to go and view the "featured" list and forced to select the info on one particular squad. They are not forced to join but guided heavily.
Having helped many squads to fill up lately, this seems to be the case.
To get on the newbie list is seems to take approx 10 active players ( lev3 or higher) in the squad, zero medal count ( as suggested a while back by Real Darth and Swad.) Swad was my brother who sadly passed away recently, but we played this game together for a short while, so I picked up a few of these tips.
Experience suggests that if you have 18 vacancies, you get offered 18 newbies. They come in a wave and then the system cycles to the next team. You get back on the list at some point.
No proof just observed what works.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

FelixKostobi
Captain

Post#108 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:46 am

I recently helped a new squad to start autofill option. It was started AFTER they reached 15 members in total (with help from bases moved from our squad to theirs) but as soon as they reached 15 members didn't take long to get the newbies. So autofill definitely is still working.
HQ10 Rebel only, 58k medals and counting, founder of Rebel4Ever

If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!

http://ksod.us/squad/0c200967-cf87-11e7-a9d4-0a580a2c1020/history

LINE ID : fcostov

DeathStriker

Post#109 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:18 am

Spirit wrote:To get on the newbie list is seems to take approx 10 active players ( lev3 or higher) in the squad, zero medal count ( as suggested a while back by Real Darth and Swad.) Swad was my brother who sadly passed away recently, but we played this game together for a short while, so I picked up a few of these tips.

Spirit - Sorry to read about your Brother, whom went by the Forum Name (and IGN) of "Swad", whom was a Member of the Empire Squads of Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

Swad helped lots of Squads, regardless of Faction, and I know he will be missed.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#110 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:16 am

Many thanks DS.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Return to “General Discussions”