INFO: Getting New Members Into A Squad

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Napalm
Commodore

Re: Getting new members into a squad ?

Post#11 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Calli wrote:I am sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find a reference anywhere.
Our squad is only 15 days old , 5 of us moved from our old squad as we were not happy.
We are open to all, but we have not had a new member yet ? How long do you have to wait in general before someone is added or joins ?
We are mainly level 6/7.
We all miss going to war, and would love new recruits.
Our name is The_Principled & we are rebel.
Any advice would really be appreciated :D
Thanks in advance.

waves hand

You don't want to build a new squad.

You want to join the Battalion Family.
Napalm
Rank 26 :: 148,300
Pogo
Rank 25 :: 148,200

Battalion Family. Top Squad:Wolf-Battalion

Swad
Major General

Post#12 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Sorry Napalm but I dont agree with you. There are many hardcore squads, such as yours, that eat, live and breath war. I have been in many such squads and dont want that any more. I was close to quitting the game a couple of days ago. Many, like me, get fed up of 45 points in war in an hour and seek something less rigid and more enjoyable.
I want occasional, easy going war and the chance to pass on my own knowledge and skills. I may fail in my attempt but it is either that, or quit. I know I am not alone.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 8 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

Napalm
Commodore

Post#13 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Swad wrote:Many, like me, get fed up of 45 points in war in an hour and seek something less rigid and more enjoyable.
I want occasional, easy going war and the chance to pass on my own knowledge and skills. I may fail in my attempt but it is either that, or quit. I know I am not alone.

There's nothing wrong with the casual approach.

Our squads put a lot of effort into organizing squad wars and coordinating attacks. Typically, we play mirrors first so everyone has a chance to attack. All of this depends on the opponent though. Each war is different and the approach each of our squads take in a given war may vary.

I'm not sure that makes us hardcore, but we do put on the shock and awe from time to time.
Napalm
Pogo

Piper139
Major General

Post#14 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Swad wrote:Sorry Napalm but I dont agree with you. There are many hardcore squads, such as yours, that eat, live and breath war. I have been in many such squads and dont want that any more. I was close to quitting the game a couple of days ago. Many, like me, get fed up of 45 points in war in an hour and seek something less rigid and more enjoyable.

I can't speak for napalm or battalion but havoc family has many different squads. Each has its own focus and personality. It's very different being in havoc_sentinels vs havoc_u4ea. Some of our squads are war focused, some more casual. It's all about what's right for the player. The advantage for a player like calli is we could likely find a squad with room to take them as a group. U4ea had 10 members join from a small squad that needed a boost. It filled us up and now we can war while being flexible around our real life schedules.
Retired

Napalm
Commodore

Post#15 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Piper139 wrote:
Swad wrote:Some of our squads are war focused, some more casual. It's all about what's right for the player.

Yup. Spot on. Well said.
Napalm
Pogo

Swad
Major General

Post#16 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:54 am

Point taken guys. All I can say is that I have tried dozens of squads in the last year and none have seemed right. Squadmates have said the same. I am glad that you offer a variety of squad types and hope all goes well. I may come knocking if my squad doesnt get any recruits.

Downmachine
Officer

Post#17 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:58 am

Whats the squad auto fill?

Swad
Major General

Post#18 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Downmachine wrote:Whats the squad auto fill?

It is an automated procedure that fills squads with players who currently have no squad.

Ramstrong
Officer

Post#19 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:13 am

Calli,

Did what Midge suggested work? I'm in the same boat with my squad. We just started the random leaving to auto populate the squad. I'm just wondering if this is a days or weeks proposition?

Defenders
Commodore

Post#20 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:03 am

Swad wrote:
Downmachine wrote:Whats the squad auto fill?

It is an automated procedure that fills squads with players who currently have no squad.

If that always gappens then why is my squad still stuck at ten people?
ActiveDonator Family
HQ 11 Faction:Rebel HQ 11 Faction:IMP
Windows Survivor

Return to “General Discussions”