INFO: Getting New Members Into A Squad

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Calli
Commander

INFO: Getting New Members Into A Squad

Post#1 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:30 pm

I am sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find a reference anywhere.
Our squad is only 15 days old , 5 of us moved from our old squad as we were not happy.
We are open to all, but we have not had a new member yet ? How long do you have to wait in general before someone is added or joins ?
We are mainly level 6/7.
We all miss going to war, and would love new recruits.
Our name is The_Principled & we are rebel.
Any advice would really be appreciated :D
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title - Capitalized (Added Info)

DesertPyramid
Major General

Re: Getting new members into a squad ?

Post#2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:43 pm

When I created my first squad, no one joined for a couple weeks. Then everyone got their new phones and tablets for Christmas and the squad filled overnight.

That was before they had the squad auto-fill feature in the game. So... I would guess you just need to give it more time.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~44k Deka/o: 34/26 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

lilRosie
Commander

Post#3 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:19 am

Activity seems to breed new activity.....don't ask me why? Have a member leave your squad for 2 days, rejoin, leave, and then rejoin again. New member will join. All those new members will be lvl2 or 3 that just started the game but that activity will get you on the Featured Squad list soon enough. Good Luck.

Swad
Major General

Post#4 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:40 am

Congratulations on setting up your new squad. There have been many articles written on getting new membership and some seem to work. Here are a couple:
1. This forum has a recruitment section. Describe your squad and ask for new players.
2. Make sure your info page is clear so people know what you are about.
3. Make medal requirement zero.
4. Make your squad request only, then change it to open periodically.

The very best of luck and hope you get lots of new recruits.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 8 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#5 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:41 pm

Another alternative is to speak to some of the players in the big families. If you only have a few people, you could all mass-move into another squad family, like Battalion or Quantum or some such group. Sometimes joining an established squad is easier than starting your own. Actually, I'd say it's almost always easier.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~157,000 medals. Toddler Prestige Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Rank 29. Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

Calli
Commander

Post#6 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Thanks everyone for taking your time and replying.
Your advice has been really useful.
Since posting this thread we have got a new member who has come over from Windows.
They seen this post and responded.
I am going to put a post up in the recruitment page.
Once again Thanks for your help. :D

Tonyle40
Captain

Post#7 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:09 am

I actually went and found dying squads and invited them to join the new squad....We had our first war - the first week we started.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:00 am

If you don't want to merge with another squad and want your squad to grow you need to do these things first:

1) Lower the medal count to zero and make it so anyone can join.
2) If this does not trigger a flood of people within a few hours, the five of you need to randomly leave and come back over and over again until it triggers.
3) Once it triggers, you will pick up A BUNCH of newbies FAST. This is where things get key. You HAVE to stop the flow at 16. If you get to 24 because no one is around to change the medal count to 500, then you HAVE to cut down to 16. Be ruthless and keep people who TALK.
4) Once you cut below 16, you will not be featured. Once you get to 19/20 you WILL NOT BE FEATURED anymore. So STAY between 16-20 until you get 20 guys you like. BE RUTHLESS. If they don't fit, give them the boot.
5) Getting to 20 will take a while, but while you get there (and after), make sure to war and donate rep constantly.

After getting to 20, things change because you cannot be featured. The only way to get recruits at that point is to bounce around to odd looking squads and find active players stuck in crappy and inactive squads and offer them a home.

Send me a direct message if you want more thoughts. I am an excellent recruiter and understand the intricacies of building and maintaining squads.
Last edited by Midge on Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Calli
Commander

Post#9 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:31 pm

I would like to say a special Thanks to lilRosie, who came to visit us and gave us a lot of help & advice.
When we are in the position we hope to pay it forward :D
Also a special thanks goes to Midge as well, lots of good advice, which we are trying to follow :D
We are going to give it a while to see what works, but Midge is that an open offer to DM you ?
I cannot tell you all how much this means to me and the squad.
We were told by our old squad leader, that no one would help us, boy have you all proved him wrong.
I can now see he ruled through fear.
All we want to do is have fun, play the game and have a chance to go to war.
Once again my heartfelt Thanks.

Swad
Major General

Post#10 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:43 am

Some great points from Midge and others. Hope you get your squad up and running and back to war again.
I decided to set up my own squad so need to put this advice into practice myself too. It keeps us all busy.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 8 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

Return to “General Discussions”