Help us save Star Wars Commander

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Ghost666
Major General

Re: Help us save Star Wars Commander

Post#21 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Pirate wrote:CNFO, chat lag and game crashes are problems that NEED to be addressed. Lumping these critical problems in this list after inconveniences like randomized frags, new units, etc. greatly diminishes their importance and severity.

I am now almost a part-time player...but...

I dont have many CNFO problems...i am not sure what you mean with chat lag and game crashes...i had those since day one on the game...and today was not the worst day, neither any of the last 30 days...

I am almost out of the game due ONLY to the other "minor" things you mention...

I dont really care anymore...and i think this is a bit offtopic...just saying that importance is a matter of perspective...things important enough for ME (to leave the game) are of less relevance to others...and vice versa
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto
VADER523 SQUAD - Positions Open

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#22 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Plagueis wrote:What's killing the game for me isn't an imbalance between factions, it's an imbalance between offense and defense. At lvl 10 I can win 99% of attacks against max rebel bases with a storm-based build with, IA, Vader and a few twileks. Yes, not 1 mech! Yet I can't win even 25% of my defenses... I spent years building my defenses up and now they're essentially worthless. I've swapped turrets more times than I can count at 3.6m per and I'm honestly done grinding because I know it won't make the slightest difference. And yes, i'm in a good squad, have tried pretty much every layout and used every combination of SC troops imaginable. I've even tried camping on different worlds. Before the last turret nerf I was winning 4 out of 5 defenses. Last week I was winning 50%. Now I'm lucky to win 1 out of 10. I've pretty much accepted the fact that defense is impossible and it's making me lose interest very quickly.

You cannot have it both ways, if you win 99% of the time on Offense, balance is that you lose 99% of the time on defense. The game will become stagnant and all will lose interest if it becomes nearby impossible to win on offense.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

DarkJedi
Squadron Leader

Post#23 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:49 pm

I have spent countless emails to support regarding the never ending list of problems this game has.

Each response (Support now takes over 1 week to reply to a simple email - that's not on at all) has now become hopeless as the Support Person has no idea what they're doing.

My last email to them was to complain YET AGAIN about the constant Errors and CNFO issue.

Supports response? Was to blame my device. Not taking ANY OWNERSHIP for the complete failure of this games development.

While my Squads:

1st_ORDER
1st_ORDER2
1st_ORDER3
1st_ORDER4
1st_ORDER_RAGE

Has the Support of such ideas in the original message, the game Developers and Disney as a whole IGNORE US and our complaints and will only implement new content when they want to. This game is run on a very very tight budget, as proven when Errors never get fixed, and when some do get fixed, others pop up somewhere else, it's like robbing peter to pay paul, then robbing paul to pay back peter..

The Support Letter needs to go to the person that controls the funding for the SWC Game. If you want action - email your letter to the Disney Interactive CEO. Emailing Support will get you nowhere now.

I have lost confidence in dealing with SWC Support.

Dark-Jedi
OFFICER
1st_ORDER
DarkJedi
Officer
1st_ORDER

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#24 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:22 pm

FinrodFelagund wrote:
Plagueis wrote:What's killing the game for me isn't an imbalance between factions, it's an imbalance between offense and defense. At lvl 10 I can win 99% of attacks against max rebel bases with a storm-based build with, IA, Vader and a few twileks. Yes, not 1 mech! Yet I can't win even 25% of my defenses... I spent years building my defenses up and now they're essentially worthless. I've swapped turrets more times than I can count at 3.6m per and I'm honestly done grinding because I know it won't make the slightest difference. And yes, i'm in a good squad, have tried pretty much every layout and used every combination of SC troops imaginable. I've even tried camping on different worlds. Before the last turret nerf I was winning 4 out of 5 defenses. Last week I was winning 50%. Now I'm lucky to win 1 out of 10. I've pretty much accepted the fact that defense is impossible and it's making me lose interest very quickly.

You cannot have it both ways, if you win 99% of the time on Offense, balance is that you lose 99% of the time on defense. The game will become stagnant and all will lose interest if it becomes nearby impossible to win on offense.

I never said I wanted to win 99% of the time. As a matter of fact, I felt like the game was more challenging and enjoyable during "turret gate" as I had to actually work to win battles. I didn't care if I faceplanted every third or fourth attack because I knew I could earn those medals back and learn to make myself a better strategist in the process. The game was also more enjoyable because players were regularly faceplanting against my base and I could better hold onto my hard-earned loot. Now I do agree turret gate buffs were too much, but I don't think they should have been nerfed anywhere near as much considering how buffed everyones units are now. How easy does attacking have to be and should we reward players who mindlessly spam buffed units FTW? I wonder how many people are losing interest because the only way to upgrade buildings is by grinding for hours on end, which just so happens to be a common complaint in regards to conflicts as well.

acidrave
Captain

Post#25 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:03 pm

I wrote the letter and they respond to me almost immediately:

Hello Commander Acidrave,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and suggestions with us. We are hearing this same feedback from many other players, and we would like you to know that we are sending everything we get to the development team. This way, they will be able to hear the voice of the community and work towards making the app a better place for all of our dedicated players.

The development team is aware of all of the issues you have brought up in your email. Rest assured that the development team is doing their best to address any new and existing issues that may appear within the app. Ultimately, this is a large task and issues may take some time to resolve.

As for your suggestion about data fragments, we hear you, we think that this is an interesting suggestion and we can definitely pass it along for you. Please take note that we cannot make any promises that suggestions from our players could make their way into the app.

Our teams understand your frustrations, and we appreciate your passion. We would like to encourage you to keep an eye on the in-game developer's notes for any further updates on this situation. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we work to make the galaxy a better place.

Alannah
STAR WARS™: Commander Support

Please click here to take a short survey and let us know how we're doing!

ref:_00Di0dwY9._5000HwJUzP:ref
REBEL LEVEL 9
PROUD MEMEBER OF JARJAR_CAMP
http://ksod.us/squad/3a980df2-878d-11e5-82e3-063228004ed8/members?hl=863e1f57-e6eb-11e6-90ae-06cad0004ecc

DarthRebel
Captain

Post#26 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:30 am

acidrave wrote:I wrote the letter and they respond to me almost immediately:

Hello Commander Acidrave,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and suggestions with us. We are hearing this same feedback from many other players, and we would like you to know that we are sending everything we get to the development team. This way, they will be able to hear the voice of the community and work towards making the app a better place for all of our dedicated players.

The development team is aware of all of the issues you have brought up in your email. Rest assured that the development team is doing their best to address any new and existing issues that may appear within the app. Ultimately, this is a large task and issues may take some time to resolve.

As for your suggestion about data fragments, we hear you, we think that this is an interesting suggestion and we can definitely pass it along for you. Please take note that we cannot make any promises that suggestions from our players could make their way into the app.

Our teams understand your frustrations, and we appreciate your passion. We would like to encourage you to keep an eye on the in-game developer's notes for any further updates on this situation. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we work to make the galaxy a better place.

Alannah
STAR WARS™: Commander Support

Please click here to take a short survey and let us know how we're doing!

ref:_00Di0dwY9._5000HwJUzP:ref

Thats the excact template answer we all got from them.
They told the staff to only handle stuff like failed crystal transfers and account issues.
The rest gets the "carepackage".

Wich made up my mind. They get no more money from me, on either my Reb or Imp account.

Actively looking for the next blast in gaming, so far Xcom looks great but it dosent hold the squad/community element that I like.

Vigilant
Commander

Post#27 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:45 am

Plagueis wrote:
FinrodFelagund wrote:

I never said I wanted to win 99% of the time. As a matter of fact, I felt like the game was more challenging and enjoyable during "turret gate" as I had to actually work to win battles. I didn't care if I faceplanted every third or fourth attack because I knew I could earn those medals back and learn to make myself a better strategist in the process. The game was also more enjoyable because players were regularly faceplanting against my base and I could better hold onto my hard-earned loot. Now I do agree turret gate buffs were too much, but I don't think they should have been nerfed anywhere near as much considering how buffed everyones units are now. How easy does attacking have to be and should we reward players who mindlessly spam buffed units FTW? I wonder how many people are losing interest because the only way to upgrade buildings is by grinding for hours on end, which just so happens to be a common complaint in regards to conflicts as well.

"The game was also more enjoyable because players were regularly faceplanting against my base and I could better hold onto my hard-earned loot." ....By getting attacked over and over and winning defencese you stand the chance of losing more loot than getting attacked once and going under protection.... Also are you saying defences are more enjoyable? you do realise you are not actually playing the game while defending, attacking a base is playing the game... Attacking bases is without a doubt the way to go and you can easily get loot back IF attacking ends up easy. But there is no such thing as holding onto loot, you spend it or lose it.

There should be more defence wins in the game right now since the heavy/trooper nerf. I dont understand why you are having trouble. Ive not played the game in 4 days and ive come back to +medals from defence wins and I only have lvl5-6 tower buffs. That should not be happening, I personally think turret buffs are still too strong.

Its attack wins that keeps players happy and attacking again, but when they are on the receiving end of many attack loses they start to leave the game.

Pirate
Admiral

Post#28 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:17 am

Ghost666 wrote:I dont have many CNFO problems...i am not sure what you mean with chat lag and game crashes...i had those since day one on the game...and today was not the worst day, neither any of the last 30 days...

I am almost out of the game due ONLY to the other "minor" things you mention...

Two words that no one should ever forget: BY DESIGN.

All of the new units and new frags are introduced for one reason and one reason only, and that is for Disney to make revenue. The business people making the decisions will continue to pursue changes in order to make revenue. They give zero shits if players are happy, if players complain about balance or if players quit. Their target audience is the player willing to spend to get new content or to chase new content, everyone else is just along for the ride.

It doesn't matter if people don't like chasing frags or limited time events or anything else. As long as the decision makers have the data to show that these things are making revenue, they will continue to do them. Revenue data trumps any number of emails sent to support, plain and simple.

My point was that you don't NEED to have level X astromech or level X R2-D2 skin (sorry rebels) to be able to play the game. The game still works fine without having difficult or expensive to unlock features even if they do make things easier or more enjoyable (or in the case of R2, funnier?). However, it would be nice to have a game that you can play without fear of not finding an opponent, that you can open your chat window to talk to your squad or properly donate units and that doesn't have consistent crashes or errors. These impact everyone differently (or not at all) but they all inhibit people from actually playing.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#29 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:48 am

Pirate wrote:All of the new units and new frags are introduced for one reason and one reason only, and that is for Disney to make revenue. The business people making the decisions will continue to pursue changes in order to make revenue. They give zero shits if players are happy, if players complain about balance or if players quit. Their target audience is the player willing to spend to get new content or to chase new content, everyone else is just along for the ride.

It doesn't matter if people don't like chasing frags or limited time events or anything else. As long as the decision makers have the data to show that these things are making revenue, they will continue to do them. Revenue data trumps any number of emails sent to support, plain and simple.

That's very true, but I can't get one small bit. Conflicts are supposed to make people spend crystals on instantly building troops to attack more frequently and get more points, right? But why would anyone spend crystals to speed up loadout build if there's no one to attack? CNFO should be killing this incentive and impacting DI's revenue. Yet they don't bother to fix it. Any idea why?
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

Pirate
Admiral

Post#30 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:49 am

Sigma582 wrote:That's very true, but I can't get one small bit. Conflicts are supposed to make people spend crystals on instantly building troops to attack more frequently and get more points, right? But why would anyone spend crystals to speed up loadout build if there's no one to attack? CNFO should be killing this incentive and impacting DI's revenue. Yet they don't bother to fix it. Any idea why?

I think our player population on Windows is just so small (zero according to the galaxy map) compared to main server, we fall directly in the "along for the ride" category. iOS / android gets dev bases to attack, we just get that nasty message to try again later. I guess we aren't even worth the cost of programming some fake bases to hit when looking for gears or stars to leave.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Return to “General Discussions”