Help us save Star Wars Commander

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
LosVega
Admiral

Re: Help us save Star Wars Commander

Post#11 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:32 pm

I support this in the hope that:

1. It gets the devs attention to at least consider what is presented
2. That of all the suggestions mentioned they take away at least 1 or maybe 2 to change for the better (preferably 6 day conflicts, chat and the obvious imbalance between factions)
3. I honestly don't expect 1% of the player population to sway Disney but at the least it's a start.

Rebellions are built on hope, let's hope that positive game changes are also.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:29 pm

I appreciate the effort and passion, but two of your points have already been addressed. C N F O's have been fixed. And the present conflicts are old units. I do like the option to contact someone more directly, but it's not worth a petition.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Luminous beings are we

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:30 am

Forceisweaknyou wrote:I appreciate the effort and passion, but two of your points have already been addressed. C N F O's have been fixed. And the present conflicts are old units. I do like the option to contact someone more directly, but it's not worth a petition.

Agreed, other than the chat lag I see no issues here that affect my game play...
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 168,021 medals. Completed it mate...
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:59 am

I agree it's a problem, but I'm not sure how fixable the chat lag is.

I suspect the developers didn't create the game from scratch. I suspect they bought the game's core mechanics from the same people that made Clash of the Clans (or one of the other similar games). The devs then created a Star Wars theme for it, and have a series of metrics they can tinker with. I suspect Boom Beach, Game of War, and the many other similar games are all based on the same basic program, but with different themes.

Fixing the chat lag may require more time (and perhaps expertise) than the current devs have. I have no doubt the game is still profitable, and will continue to be so for some time. But I'm not sure it's making enough money for Disney to have devs spending the time (days?) going through deeper code to fix this and then make any other consequential adjustments so that the game still works after they've altered some of the deeper code.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:42 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:I agree it's a problem, but I'm not sure how fixable the chat lag is.

I suspect the developers didn't create the game from scratch. I suspect they bought the game's core mechanics from the same people that made Clash of the Clans (or one of the other similar games). The devs then created a Star Wars theme for it, and have a series of metrics they can tinker with. I suspect Boom Beach, Game of War, and the many other similar games are all based on the same basic program, but with different themes.

Fixing the chat lag may require more time (and perhaps expertise) than the current devs have. I have no doubt the game is still profitable, and will continue to be so for some time. But I'm not sure it's making enough money for Disney to have devs spending the time (days?) going through deeper code to fix this and then make any other consequential adjustments so that the game still works after they've altered some of the deeper code.

Totally agree!
The devs used to comment about issues with trying to change things in the game and having problems because of the "spaghetti code" that was the foundation.

It's funny, some may remember a long time ago we didn't have chat lag.
Then there was an UI update with a change to the way the chat looked. They added the filter option and so on.
Then the lag started along with other little things like...

"Sample text. Player name-Elder."
I was told that that was a ghost from the code of the game they bought.
Eventually that whole sample text thing stopped happening but the chat is still a problem for many.

The lag issue also varries by player and squad.
I have a couple of squad mates who have no lag. Others who do.
Personally when I load the chat I usually have to wait 5-10 seconds for it to load.
I'm used to it. Sure it would be nice if it was quicker but not a game breaker for me.
So I guess I don't really have the lag. :)
I have not left my squad since joining it in novemeber 2014.

I know some people have it far worse. When they load the chat it can take over a min sometimes. If not more. So I don't blame them for their effort in trying to solve the problem. They should not have to leave their squad to fix the problem sacrificing their stats.

While I do not directly support this petition my hats off to them for trying to make the game better.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Over 2,000 no outpost replays being shared! The largest collection of commander replays out there. Soon to become a museum of our game.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

GabeDarkPath
Squadron Leader

Post#16 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:59 am

Excellent points made above. I don't agree with all of it. This petition lacks significant Empire input and representation. You would think before you sent this petition you would have added more Empire squads and players to it- we are the majority in the game after all. Hopefully Disney will make some the changes that will benefit both factions but I seriously doubt it.
The top SWC Empire Squad- Turning Rebels bases into parking lots are our specialty.

Tonyle40
Captain

Post#17 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:05 am

If you really want Disney to listen, you may consider talking in dollars instead of complaining about the game. For example, the TON of players on SWC will generate x$$$ and will grow by x% if the following changes are made.....then give reasons of why $$'s would increase based on the changes made.

VaderRules

Post#18 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:39 am

I find the real reason with the opening delay and when you are talking to your peeps is the new graphics. Remember when they change the graphics last June and made them updated? The game was really fast before that, really SLOOOW after that update. Yeah some of the graphics look cool, but really slows down your CPU.

Kylo
Commodore

Post#19 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:08 pm

CNFO is still bad on Windows. (I know...no one cares about Windows.)

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#20 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:38 pm

What's killing the game for me isn't an imbalance between factions, it's an imbalance between offense and defense. At lvl 10 I can win 99% of attacks against max rebel bases with a storm-based build with, IA, Vader and a few twileks. Yes, not 1 mech! Yet I can't win even 25% of my defenses... I spent years building my defenses up and now they're essentially worthless. I've swapped turrets more times than I can count at 3.6m per and I'm honestly done grinding because I know it won't make the slightest difference. And yes, i'm in a good squad, have tried pretty much every layout and used every combination of SC troops imaginable. I've even tried camping on different worlds. Before the last turret nerf I was winning 4 out of 5 defenses. Last week I was winning 50%. Now I'm lucky to win 1 out of 10. I've pretty much accepted the fact that defense is impossible and it's making me lose interest very quickly.

Return to “General Discussions”