SWC Defensive Log Tracker

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Sigma582
Admiral

SWC Defensive Log Tracker

Post#1 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:50 am

Here is another useful app from SWC Tools package. It allows you to keep an eye on your defensive performance without logging into the game.
Using it is simple: just select your server (Windows or iOS/Android), enter your Player ID (can be found in "About" section of the game) and click Start. The application will be checking your defensive log every minute and display it as a simple list:

(click to enlarge)

It also will show you a discreet notification in the bottom right corner of your screen when a new defensive battle completes.These notifications can be configured by the three check boxes:
- Notify on every battle will show a notification every time a new battle occurred.
- Notify if protection gained will show a popup if you've lost a battle and need to log in and dump protection.
- Notify if there are less than X units in SC will alert you if your SC forces are depleted below the specified amount and you need to log in and request a refill.

The latest (and the first) version can be downloaded from GitHub.
It have been tested by my squadmates for a while and works good so far.

I haven't added anything malicious to this program but remember to always scan software downloaded from the Internet with your antivirus before running it.

Feel free to leave your feedback, ideas for new features and other comments.

EDIT:

I hope this will somewhat alleviate CNFO problem: if people are aware that their base is under protection they may log on shortly to dump it and play more defences allowing others to attack them.
Last edited by Sigma582 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

DeathStriker

Re: SWC Defence tracker

Post#2 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:00 am

Sigma582 wrote:Here is another useful app from SWC Tools package. It allows you to keep an eye on your defensive performance without logging into the game.

Feel free to leave your feedback, ideas for new features and other comments.

Sigma582 - Thanks for once again making a tool that some might find useful. :D

While the iOS/Android Version already has a way to turn on Notifications which provide alerts when your Base is Attacked, it doesn't provide the "detail" that this Tool does.

MY ONLY CONCERN is where is the Player ID "value" stored? If stored on game device (PC, Phone, Tablet) then that is OK, if stored on your own Server (used by the Tool) then that would be a security concern.

My presumption is that the Player ID is stored on the game device.

I for one find using the current Notifications obtained via turning on the appropiate App Setting is fine with me.

Adding to this Thread...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#3 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:06 am

Thanks for posting DS.
We don't have notification on Windows, hence I had to make my own thing for this. If SWC can alert you on iOS/Android - that's good for you. Looks like this thing will be more popular among Windows guys then.

As for storing data, this app doesn't connect anywhere except SWC game server (either Win or iOS/Android). Player ID is stored locally on your PC (in that .config file in the app folder) and only sent to SWC game server when it's time to fetch your defence log.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
-
Defense Tracker

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:21 am

Sigma582 wrote:Thanks for posting DS.
We don't have notification on Windows, hence I had to make my own thing for this. If SWC can alert you on iOS/Android - that's good for you. Looks like this thing will be more popular among Windows guys then.

Sigma582 - You answered my Security Concern... thanks! :)

While on iOS I do get "notifications" it is often just a simple "Your Base was Attacked by {insert Attacker Name here}" or "Your Squad as Donated to your Cause" and not much more detail than that.

This tool provides much more detail for those desiring it and as such I see iOS/Android Players using it as much (or more) than Windows Players.

⇨ RECOMMENDATION: Perhaps you could put Defensive Wins in green and Defensive Losses in Red to help when the list is as long as you show in your example screenshot.

Looking for "re-world feedback" from others so you can improve in future...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Pirate
Major General

Re: SWC Defensive Log Tracker

Post#5 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:27 am

Looks to me like an excuse to show off some nice defensive wins.

Kidding of course, I'll be checking this out later today. Perfect timing on the heels of our much anticipated troop nerf.

Thanks for sharing.
Last edited by Pirate on Wed May 10, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#6 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:35 am

Pirate wrote:Looks to me like an excuse to show off some nice defensive wins.

been waiting two weeks to get a decent screenshot, couldn't post without it :lol:

DeathStriker wrote:⇨ RECOMMENDATION: Perhaps you could put Defensive Wins in green and Defensive Losses in Red to help when the list is as long as you show in your example screenshot.

noted, thanks. will address it in the next version.
-
Layout Manager
-
Defense Tracker

Lampie
Commodore

Post#7 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:47 pm

:( ok doesn't work for me at work, so will try at home

Damn, doing something wrong as not working for me. A good idea for sure
EvilEwoks - Windows :D Empire's finest, Squad Wars 71W - 7L

GOZER
Commodore

Post#8 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:25 am

Doesn't work, iOS player. I download the tool on Windows 7
GOZER the destructor - Proud member of Italia-Avengers
We annihilate rebels all over the galaxy under command of Gen. Unknow
:twisted: "Il dolore si combatte con il dolore" :twisted:

todarist1
Commander

Post#9 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:30 am

Windows player, OS: Windows 10. Didn't work
Member you = new Member();
Squad devs = new Squad();
i f (you.developer == true)
{
you.squad = devs;
System.out.println("Wellcome to the squad: Devs")
}
else
{
System.out.println("You don't need to be a developer to join Devs")
}

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#10 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:19 am

Lampie wrote:

todarist1 wrote:

GOZER wrote:

any error messages?
are you entering your account name (aka call sign) instead of player ID by chance?
-
Layout Manager
-
Defense Tracker

Return to “General Discussions”