Elite Guide For Rebels

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Xinix
Commodore

Re: Elite Guide For Rebels

Post#21 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:03 pm

Nice vid ObiTwo.

Btw. I also love how you show they are trivial to handle (something I have been saying for months as I see rebels do it in my replays all the time) but still call them "incredibly OP". :)

ObiTwo
Commodore

Post#22 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi mate, thanks for the comment.

I don't think they are trivial. I face planted 3 times not long after making that video, while trying to improve my technique against non corner bases.

There are a lot of things that can go wrong. That technique does work, but takes practice and is best suited to corner or compact bases. Even so if you drop your jets too far out, the 2nd wave spawns before you get in to the barracks, game over. If you drop jets too close in turrets hurt you while you deal with the snipers, game over, if it's a really spread out base, you don't have the room to work, the med gets taken out much faster and it can go sideways fast, game over. Even just getting the timing wrong on distracting the turrets can be the difference between face planting or walking away with a hundy.

I shared this because I know a lot of rebels are having trouble with the sniper GR. I don't want them to quit the game, hopefully this can help them stay and fight on.
http://youtube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

ObiTwo
Commodore

Post#23 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Additional content added including WED Baiting the GR, attacking against Outposts, baiting corner dekas and using Alliance Starfighters with Yavin boost.

https://youtube.com/ObiTwo

YourFather
Commodore

Post#24 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Wow, what a great thread. I seriously mean that even though I haven't seen this before. Rebels need more threads like this instead of 20 page exodus threads.
+1 ObiTwo

DCReborn
Commodore

Post#25 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 am

YourFather wrote:Wow, what a great thread. I seriously mean that even though I haven't seen this before. Rebels need more threads like this instead of 20 page exodus threads.
+1 ObiTwo

The problem is Rebels need threads like this to overcome much harder defenses while Imperials don’t... kind of proves the point. The Rebellion struggles on though albeit with less players....

erfs
Captain

Post#26 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:11 am

Very nice videos, thanks !

Xinix
Commodore

Post#27 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:43 am

Excellent vid ObiTwo. (Unfortunately it seems wasted on some of your fellow rebels ^^ who prefer to keep whining instead of learning how to do it).
Two 'tips':
- given the chance almost all rebels put down the WED in the bottom corner ... so I put a trap that takes it out before the GR gets there, which takes many by surprise. Putting it at less obvious positions negates that tactic (some bring 2 WEDs).
- you could take out that base without SC and much less air (nearly all your jets survive) ... showing it is very doable to take out big Imp bases with GR and everything with ~20min. loadouts ... very nice for conflicts

Btw. I especially like the video of using the Pilot with Yavin ... awesome stuff ... definitely gonna try that out next time!

YourFather
Commodore

Post#28 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:11 pm

DCReborn wrote:
YourFather wrote:Wow, what a great thread. I seriously mean that even though I haven't seen this before. Rebels need more threads like this instead of 20 page exodus threads.
+1 ObiTwo

The problem is Rebels need threads like this to overcome much harder defenses while Imperials don’t... kind of proves the point. The Rebellion struggles on though albeit with less players....

*Starts playing the world's smallest violin*

I just watched a replay of someone 3 starring my maxed out base on Hoth. Maybe that guy spent more time studying tactics and less complaining about Imperial defense?

ObiTwo
Commodore

Post#29 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:36 pm

Xinix wrote:- given the chance almost all rebels put down the WED in the bottom corner ... so I put a trap that takes it out before the GR gets there, which takes many by surprise. Putting it at less obvious positions negates that tactic (some bring 2 WEDs).

Great point, thanks for sharing.

I placed in the bottom corner on that replay but the main reason was because of the transport. You can use buildings on the edge of the base to ensure there are no traps. My next units dropped are vanguards to search out any nearby traps. One of my first WED baits landed right on a corner trap, just as you described and now I either drop behind an edge building (if there is one) or in a less obvious spot to ensure WED survives. :)

ObiTwo
Commodore

Post#30 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:41 pm

+1 ObiTwo

Appreciate the comment. The game ebbs and flows and both sides have done it tough at various stages of its lifecycle. I think the influx of new players from the last movie will be the shot in the arm we all need, we just need to wait a few months for them to play catch up.

Return to “General Discussions”