NOTICE: New Star Wars Commander Content Soon!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
PartylikeVader
Captain

Re: NOTICE: New Star Wars Commander Content Soon!

Post#721 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:16 pm

Recycling old conflicts and events might not be wise depending on the types of change Natural Motion plans on. Adjusting game function mid-event during peak-use is a disaster waiting to happen.

Seeing a new event quickly without some major game update is indication that Natural Motion intends to use a bulk of the game framework and continue the previous path of the game.

I’m hopeful for a significant game overhaul and a new direction - that takes time. As for a specific update, Natural Motion did give us the following on the SWC Official Forum, marking the first sign of life there since 10.26.16:

Over the coming weeks and months, we’ll be working hard behind the scenes to ensure the regular live events you already enjoy continue without interruption.

They indicated weeks/months here and it’s been a mere 6 weeks.

Nonetheless, I’d rather continue to wait out for Natural Motion’s next move than dabble in the same game with the same failing aspects it’s had. Slow, meaningful change beats a rapid, haphazard one. Take some R&R.
Rath Severus
Leader of PartylikeVader

CoolGuy
Major General

Post#722 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:50 pm

PartylikeVader wrote:Recycling old conflicts and events might not be wise depending on the types of change Natural Motion plans on. Adjusting game function mid-event during peak-use is a disaster waiting to happen.

Seeing a new event quickly without some major game update is indication that Natural Motion intends to use a bulk of the game framework and continue the previous path of the game.

I’m hopeful for a significant game overhaul and a new direction - that takes time. As for a specific update, Natural Motion did give us the following on the SWC Official Forum, marking the first sign of life there since 10.26.16:

Over the coming weeks and months, we’ll be working hard behind the scenes to ensure the regular live events you already enjoy continue without interruption.

They indicated weeks/months here and it’s been a mere 6 weeks.

Nonetheless, I’d rather continue to wait out for Natural Motion’s next move than dabble in the same game with the same failing aspects it’s had. Slow, meaningful change beats a rapid, haphazard one. Take some R&R.

Obviously many of us are hoping for a change in the matchmaking algorithm so it's just HQ vs HQ removing medals from consideration. I want to see all the sandbaggers crying.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#723 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:13 pm

I hope they don't bring in new units with a new conflict or event. There are too many old ones that need fixing or an event. I would be happy if they brought in new Prestige level troops and heros. There should be new heros unlocked at Prestige level; it is total BS that after level 8, you're just unlocking to improve your hq sample level. Bring out new, regular heros. And a new barracks troop and factory vehicle. And make them good, not shit on wheels. And while they're at it, they should add a level 10 Merc and a new starship, just to encourage upgrading the star command to 11.

strawman3125
Major General

Post#724 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Boog wrote:I hope they don't bring in new units with a new conflict or event. There are too many old ones that need fixing or an event. I would be happy if they brought in new Prestige level troops and heros. There should be new heros unlocked at Prestige level; it is total BS that after level 8, you're just unlocking to improve your hq sample level. Bring out new, regular heros. And a new barracks troop and factory vehicle. And make them good, not shit on wheels. And while they're at it, they should add a level 10 Merc and a new starship, just to encourage upgrading the star command to 11.

+1

I’d love to see some non-frag units added! And good ones that do not need skins to be useful!

Harshit
Major General

Post#725 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:37 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
Boog wrote:I hope they don't bring in new units with a new conflict or event. There are too many old ones that need fixing or an event. I would be happy if they brought in new Prestige level troops and heros. There should be new heros unlocked at Prestige level; it is total BS that after level 8, you're just unlocking to improve your hq sample level. Bring out new, regular heros. And a new barracks troop and factory vehicle. And make them good, not shit on wheels. And while they're at it, they should add a level 10 Merc and a new starship, just to encourage upgrading the star command to 11.

+1

I’d love to see some non-frag units added! And good ones that do not need skins to be useful!

+10000!
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Gooner
Commodore

Post#726 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:22 am

Ski speeder Conflict. is this some sort of bad joke, I mean seriously of all the units to kick off their arrival they give us ski speeders. we can only hope that they run an event alongside it. because this just looks like more of the same crap Disney fobbed us off with.
Last edited by Gooner on Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

JARJAR
Commodore

Post#727 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:23 am

TNT
Admiral

Post#728 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:28 am

I take it they weren't ready for something new yet. I could've upgraded another shield. :?
Join the OuterRimRioters. Is what I would say, but we're almost full at the moment. :) A big happy family. If you are interested in joining you're more than welcome to drop by as long as we still have room.

CoolGuy
Major General

Post#729 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:31 am

FinrodFelagund wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:Unfortunately even small delays in announcing new content make people drift away from the game. Zynga have damaged the brand by their failure to get information out early.

I think that is a bit premature, at least give them 24 hours before castigating them.

A Ski Speeder conflict, no Events, no apparent change to the game mechanics. Can I castigate them now?
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

FelixKostobi
Commodore

Post#730 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:44 am

giving vangs, infs or other old yet elite units would be better i think. At least would give newer players something to grind for...
HQ Prestige Rebel only, 79k medals, founder and former leader of Rebel4Ever, now a plain member
If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!
http://ksod.us/squad/0c200967-cf87-11e7-a9d4-0a580a2c1020/history
LINE ID : fcostov

Return to “General Discussions”