NOTICE: New Star Wars Commander Content Soon!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: NOTICE: New Star Wars Commander Content Soon!

Post#511 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:38 pm

For frags, though, it's been 20, 15, 10, 5 a lot of the time. I'm hoping they go with that.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#512 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:22 pm

Last time it was that mix and I found it more effective to get Obsidian on all 6 planets rather than grind for UC on one or two, so hopefully its the same again.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

TNT
Major General

Post#513 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:17 am

Gotta double down on those game destroying jets!

Interesting that they added the info this fast this time. I take it you don't see any much wanted balance changes?

Kinda happy with this as I was planning on just messing around and this will give me the opportunity to do so and maybe I'll get a few frags out of it.
20 frags isn't nearly enough to get worked up about once your skins reach higher levels.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

Harshit
Commodore

Post#514 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:34 am

Spock wrote:Hotfix came out and this is what was found.
Thanks as always to the data miners!!

Conflict Outbreak
Conflict Outbreak: Jetpack & Jump Troopers
• Conflict Bronzium league or better awards Elite Equipment Data Fragments

• 3/22 to 3/26, all planets:
• HQ 6 and above
- Rebel Desert Jetpack Trooper (Eqp)
- Empire Desert Jump Trooper (Eqp)

• 3/27 to 3/30, all planets:
• HQ 6 and above
- Rebel Arctic Jetpack Trooper (Eqp)
- Empire Arctic Jump Trooper (Eqp)

• 3/31 to 4/4, all planets:
• HQ 6 and above
- Rebel Forest Jetpack Trooper (Eqp)
- Empire Forest Jump Trooper (Eqp)

• HQ 5 and below will earn sample Jetpack Trooper / Jumptroopers which can be used to instantly train and add these units to the Troop Transport.

Thanks for early info!!
A chance to upgrade jet skins, my skins have been at low lvl for long time.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#515 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:54 am

Its a catch 22 now, jump/jets are crucial to dealing with GR so they have to keep giving opportunities for new players or players only recently unlocking the armory a chance to unlock jumps/jets otherwise they will find it difficult to compete.
P.S. Maybe this thread should be renamed 'Old star wars commander content coming soon' ;-)
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#516 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:34 am

TNT wrote:Gotta double down on those game destroying jets!

Interesting that they added the info this fast this time. I take it you don't see any much wanted balance changes?

Kinda happy with this as I was planning on just messing around and this will give me the opportunity to do so and maybe I'll get a few frags out of it.
20 frags isn't nearly enough to get worked up about once your skins reach higher levels.

I think it's opposite. Overpowered jets and jumps are desired by the larger group. I believe more people like winning offenses than losing defense.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Ebacca
Squadron Leader

Post#517 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:35 am

This is a good thing. We have a level 9 player who joined our squad after a year and a half off. Needless to say, not that useful without the buffs.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#518 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:57 am

I feel like this “frag fest” is building up to something. Maxed out jumps/jets have no problem overpowering guard reserve of equivalent level and I don’t think everyone having at least mid level flyers really soon is good for offensive/defensive balance and we’ll probably start seeing a bunch of “defense is impossible” threads. IMO something is about to give and I have a feeling it’s going to be the entire armory structure and this last frag push is just another mouse money grab before it happens...Maybe health and damage percentages will change or using equipment will be treated like perks with a reaource cost and cooldown. Maybe the squad center will gain armory equipment and become unsnipable or maybe it will continually spawn SC troops like GR. Either way, a different money grab gimmick will most likely begin, making the armory an afterthought and the cycle will continue.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#519 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:09 am

Other than crystal warriors and the super active players, for most players I am guessing have jets/jumps at L5-6 and this next conflict, due to the increasing frag requirement for each higher level, will likely only level up their jumps/jets skin by 1 level.

To put it in perspective: to level up to L6 skin, one would need 70 frags and for L7 skin, 100 frags
Assuming you'll get 20 frags for finishing in UC, to have enough frags to levelling up from 5->6, you need to get into UC 4 times or 4 planets, and to get to L7, you'll need 5 UCs. Not an easy task.

The super active players and crystal warriors who already had jumps/jets at L9-10 skin level will continue to enjoy an advantage over the rest of us for the next 6 months.

Ebacca
Squadron Leader

Post#520 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:21 am

DarkRebel wrote:Other than crystal warriors and the super active players, for most players I am guessing have jets/jumps at L5-6 and this next conflict, due to the increasing frag requirement for each higher level, will likely only level up their jumps/jets skin by 1 level.

To put it in perspective: to level up to L6 skin, one would need 70 frags and for L7 skin, 100 frags
Assuming you'll get 20 frags for finishing in UC, to have enough frags to levelling up from 5->6, you need to get into UC 4 times or 4 planets, and to get to L7, you'll need 5 UCs. Not an easy task.

The super active players and crystal warriors who already had jumps/jets at L9-10 skin level will continue to enjoy an advantage over the rest of us for the next 6 months.

My point exactly. For the players without the jump/jet buff getting the buff is a game changer for them. As for most of us getting it from L5 to L6 or so is only a 10% increase. If it's at L10 then you've conquered the SWC universe, now go play Fortnite.

Return to “General Discussions”