NOTICE: New Star Wars Commander Content Soon!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
sgu97cab
Commodore

Re: NOTICE: New Star Wars Commander Content Soon!

Post#431 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:15 pm

I'll be looking forward to not being tempted to log in when I wake up in the small hours of the morning to squeeze in another research! Interested to see if this format was a once off or if it will continue for the next event.
In Game Name: Bacon
Leader - AUS-Darth_Gump (Empire / Level 50 / W111 D2 L9)

Boog
Admiral

Post#432 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:43 pm

If it comes back, I doubt they're as generous with the bonus crate frags.

erfs
Captain

Post#433 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:49 am

They really were very generous this time around. Upgraded lots of units several levels thanks to this :)

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#434 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:17 am

Hopefully rebels don’t get Rey. She’ll be absolutely unstoppable and won’t need any troops (especially male ones) to back her up. Imps will probably get hux who will have exactly the same stats as naval officer.

Xinix
Commodore

Post#435 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:48 am

erfs wrote:They really were very generous this time around. Upgraded lots of units several levels thanks to this :)

Exactly! Finally managed to max all classic specials after 1.5 years of playing (never bought crystals except for the 5th droid) ... without these event frags it would have taken at least 9-12 months extra.

Now all I need is an event that maxes the Togs and the medic ... go devs!

DeathStriker

Post#436 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:27 pm

New SWC Content

Just posted - Naval Assault Event - 1/11 to 1/25

Keeping Everyone Informed...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Rypcord
Captain

Post#437 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:37 am

The weekly 'research' thing was an interesting.... IDEA.... but the practice of it was bad. When you only have X amount of hours left, and you see the research will take 8 hours... and you're trying to figure out the math , and then you figure the next crate will also be 8 hours.... and you can't fit them both in, it's ridiculous. I also love how they doubled/tripled the crystal amount to speed them up. I'm literally 1 research crate away from the ending (for the first time), but it will take 8HRs research, and the event has 5HRs left.

So stupid.

erfs
Captain

Post#438 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:08 am

That's Disney's way to motivate you to spend some Crystals. Particularly for the Elite crates you could get every two hours after having finished all the objectives, the cost vs. buying ordinary loot crates was very good.

As for paying to finish the event (i.e. if you would not be able to get many Elite crates afterwards), probably not worth it.

I found that this event was easier for lower level / mini bases where you could earn the required EP very quickly.

On my somewhat reduced L6 secondary base, if I needed 350 EP I would be able to score three straight three star wins in about 10-15 mins (including time to rebuild troops and fight), so was able to finish the objectives over two days early without it being stressful.

On my L8 main base, getting a three star win is not easy to begin with and just rebuilding air takes over an hour....

Oim
Captain

Post#439 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:42 am

Then, what’s coming next ?
Two weeks of naval event, but after ? No news ? Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

mkenobi
Major General

Post#440 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:54 am

Oim wrote:Then, what’s coming next ?
Two weeks of naval event, but after ? No news ? Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

I have bad feelings every time i see this post emerging from the grave again, and think they are going to release lots of new units and new kind of event traps to make us spend money/crystals/time/sanity to get all units only for realize they are useless, stupid or get nerfed 2 months after...
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

Return to “General Discussions”