NOTICE: New Star Wars Commander Content Soon!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Legendslayx
Squadron Leader

Re: NOTICE: New Star Wars Commander Content Soon!

Post#391 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:22 pm

There is this feature called Squad Wars that will come out soon too. I hear it is going to be where you take a team of 15 members and war against an enemy squad of 15 members. There will be planets you can capture to increase the effectiveness of types of units and certain base features like your walls or shields. Each player will have 3 attacks and three uplinks. The object is to get the most uplinks in a 24 hour period. More info to follow soon.

DeathStriker

Post#392 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Plagueis wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:NOTICE: New Star Wars Commander Content Soon!

SO THE CURRENT "SCHEDULE" is:

"Navel assault"....Bullseyeing belly buttons like wamp rats in my t-16 back home.

Plagueis - LOL :lol:

Great Catch... I have edited the original post found here.

Legendslayx wrote:There is this feature called Squad Wars that will come out soon too. I hear it is going to be where you take a team of 15 members and war against an enemy squad of 15 members. There will be planets you can capture to increase the effectiveness of types of units and certain base features like your walls or shields. Each player will have 3 attacks and three uplinks. The object is to get the most uplinks in a 24 hour period. More info to follow soon.

Legendslayx - I was thinking of making a similar post - great minds think alike! :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

TNT
Major General

Post#393 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:28 am

Legendslayx wrote:There is this feature called Squad Wars that will come out soon too. I hear it is going to be where you take a team of 15 members and war against an enemy squad of 15 members. There will be planets you can capture to increase the effectiveness of types of units and certain base features like your walls or shields. Each player will have 3 attacks and three uplinks. The object is to get the most uplinks in a 24 hour period. More info to follow soon.

But how does the armory fit into this hypothetical scenario?
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#394 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:08 am

TNT wrote:

But how does the armory fit into this hypothetical scenario?

Easy: you need frags, collectable in conflicts/HDs/objectives to upgrade your Transporter to Sullust. It takes 32 frags per upgrade. On L1 you get a whopping 12 UC worth of troops to transport. Every level adds 12 UC so at L10 you have the current 120UC. The devs have given you a few bonuses though; heroes and SC travel separately and for free. And... Air is doubled, both in UC and in longer cooking times to space out wars more evenly. No more wars which are over and done with within 1 hour. You'll need at least 6 hours cooking time for an attack. Outposts start at L8 and go up to L12 to make things more balanced btw... :lol:
On the bright side:
Upgrading Transport from one level to the next only takes ...5 seconds Lab time... too bad for you hapless player when you are in the middle of weeklong upgrades for heroes, mercs or air... Just wait patiently or... CRYSTAL! :idea: :idea:
This is by design and actually for the good of the players population: theer will be far less complaints about uneven matching as only the most dedicated Top-50 squads and pay-to-players will be able to compete. The others can linger on in the Outer Rim and go Jawa-hunting in the deserts of Tatooine... ;) .
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

Swad
Major General

Post#395 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:53 am

Sorry guys, but Squad Wars? No it will never catch on. That would mean that players would need to join a squad, which I am sure most dont want to. Then you would need some sort of reliable chat to communicate to the rest of your squad.
No I just cant see it happening.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 8 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#396 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:56 am

Swad wrote:Sorry guys, but Squad Wars? No it will never catch on. That would mean that players would need to join a squad, which I am sure most dont want to. Then you would need some sort of reliable chat to communicate to the rest of your squad.

I agree... A new feature like squad wars will require a large server capacity and a chat that works in real time with a huge amount of troops to donating at the same time without they be lost in space by command errors. And how many squads have 15 dedicated players to be online in the same 24h period??? And a new planet with a mirror base of the bases of ALL PLAYERS in the game??? No, It never will work.. Devs must be out of their mind...

Can we forget about this silly squad wars idea and go back to the conflicts, please???
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Imperial HQ10 on Vacation!
Rebel HQ10 on Vacation and Rebel HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 Squad)

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#397 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Conflicts? Sounds promising.

I suppose a good story mode would be too much...
Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L35
Medals: ~41k Deka/o: 25/17 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

LosVega
Major General

Post#398 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:24 pm

DesertPyramid wrote:Conflicts? Sounds promising.

I suppose a good story mode would be too much...

I just love the idea of conflicts. I hope they run them for at least 6 days so everybody has a chance to compete. Maybe they should add more planets so it can be an intergalactic conflict.

Story mode? Who cares! If it doesn't involve winning 2x crate rewards for units I gotta have right now, I just don't see that idea gaining traction.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#399 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:36 pm

We need a flag or font color for /*sarcasm*/ mode. It's gotten to where I can't tell if it is on or not lately.

If the past is any indicator, I would say we should not get used to seeing 64 frags too often... if we do, the sliding scale of unlocks will nerf the benefit by increasing the number required above the L10/440 armory we see today.
Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L35
Medals: ~41k Deka/o: 25/17 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

TNT
Major General

Post#400 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:57 am

mkenobi wrote:

Swad wrote:Sorry guys, but Squad Wars? No it will never catch on. That would mean that players would need to join a squad, which I am sure most dont want to. Then you would need some sort of reliable chat to communicate to the rest of your squad.

I agree... A new feature like squad wars will require a large server capacity and a chat that works in real time with a huge amount of troops to donating at the same time without they be lost in space by command errors. And how many squads have 15 dedicated players to be online in the same 24h period??? And a new planet with a mirror base of the bases of ALL PLAYERS in the game??? No, It never will work.. Devs must be out of their mind...

Can we forget about this silly squad wars idea and go back to the conflicts, please???

Current server should be find with the 30 players still playing.

It would be fun if the conflicts actually were part of a larger story.
Doesn't have to be much or very intricate.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

Return to “General Discussions”