Dowutin Hunter....Worth Making?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
geoman48
Admiral

Re: Dowutin Hunter....Worth Making?

Post#21 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:11 am

pdqsport wrote:My Dowutins (the ones I have been awarded for free or from a crate 'reward') have a single purpose...to keep my hundreds of Rancors from eating the other stuff in my HQ inventory.

lol... they seemed cool at first, but like Sigma and others said, at 12 UC they are just not worth it. Maybe at 5UC I'd give them a 2nd look, but at 12 UC, their massive weapons take too much room on the unit transports.

pdqsport
Major General

Post#22 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:13 am

Just to be clear from a couple of the responses one of my posts got, I am not asking for a 2nd cantina that costs crystals to build.

I was merely pointing out that I could not see Disney deciding to do it unless they charged something like that for it.

If they did offer it for that I would probably do it, but my attacks use only minimal amounts of Mercs as it is so I get by with just the one cantina. :)
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Former Officer in Kenobi's Command -- Retired
Level 50 Squad

Atom
Captain

Post#23 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:32 am

Interesting thread. They finally found a use :)

ForceMel
Major General

Post#24 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:37 pm

The interesting thing is, and I was wondering when I checked it earlier, is the Dowutin hunter is now only 8 spaces in the transport, and no longer 12.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

DeathStriker

Post#25 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:39 pm

ForceMel wrote:The interesting thing is, and I was wondering when I checked it earlier, is the Dowutin hunter is now only 8 spaces in the transport, and no longer 12.

Answer: Yes.

:arrow: Look here (Rebel Info but Empire same)

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

toname
Commodore

Post#26 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:40 pm

ForceMel wrote:The interesting thing is, and I was wondering when I checked it earlier, is the Dowutin hunter is now only 8 spaces in the transport, and no longer 12.

They updated it last week. It's in the Developer Notes for the MTT conflict.

ForceMel
Major General

Post#27 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:33 pm

DeathStriker wrote:

Answer: Yes.

:arrow: Look here (Rebel Info but Empire same)

My poorly worded post... I was actually surprised to see it 8, remembering it was 12 before. Seeing this thread showed me my memory was correct. My explanations however, could probably use some work lol.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#28 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:48 pm

IMO no. The 12 unit capacity was too high, given the stats and actual results. Then ironically, they drop the uc upon introduction of the Donut wagons. While the drop in uc helped the Dowutin, the Donut wagon made it obsolete again, as an individual unit. Fun unit for lower level players only, so I donate all my samples to those players when they ask for it. Sad thing, it should be a fun unit for everyone. A Hulk type unit.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Vilified
Commander

Post#29 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:00 pm

Nah the build time is ridiculous as with most high powered troops. With that said. It's just too slow. For a crammed base maybe but hitting a nicely spread base they're useless. Rebel commanders can play the long game as their medic droids keep out of range. Emps have to blitz if they want Victory! I usually close out bases with 30 to 40 sec left or get owned in 40s. Generally...
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.

Return to “General Discussions”