Dowutin Hunter....Worth Making?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ObiTwo
Major General

Re: Dowutin Hunter....Worth Making?

Post#11 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:55 pm

He's actually not bad when paired with the drabatan, if you get the timing right. The drab throws weakening grenade, dowutin throws his grenade and it smashes a large group or takes out a decent area. Takes up a bit too much space for my liking, so I don't really use them either, but with practice the combo can be fun.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:09 am

He's my rainy day / night unit... but to be honest, at ten minutes cook time, 12 slots.. he's just not feasible for regular roll out...

Now if they had a second canteena..................

...But obviously that won't happen as fools will waste crystal on mercs...
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 164,500 medals

pdqsport
Major General

Post#13 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:16 am

The only way I could see the House of Mouse bringing in a 2nd Cantina would be if it cost something along the lines of 1000 crystals to 'unlock' the ability to build the 2nd one.
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Former Officer in Kenobi's Command -- Retired
Level 50 Squad

RebelBen
Captain

Post#14 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:22 pm

Definitely not worth using when armory buffed heavies can outperform them and spend much less time to create.
We want to battle your squad! Join us for elite squad wars at SquadsOfDeath.com
Rebel HQ10 - Maxing Out
SONS_OF_DEATH

Plagueis

Post#15 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:43 pm

I would say no. Use your CB to upgrade your dekas

Ghost666
Major General

Post#16 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:12 am

pdqsport wrote:The only way I could see the House of Mouse bringing in a 2nd Cantina would be if it cost something along the lines of 1000 crystals to 'unlock' the ability to build the 2nd one.

Out of curiosity...another similar game (Boom Beach) did something like this...

That game has only one "droid" equivalent builder...but in their generosity they added the possibility to have a second...BUT ONLY if bought with REAL MONEY. No other alternative whatsoever...not sure the second was permanent or even temporary...but sure it was for a fee...

SO...beware what you wish for...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto
VADER523 SQUAD - Positions Open

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#17 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:03 am

Ghost666 wrote:
pdqsport wrote:The only way I could see the House of Mouse bringing in a 2nd Cantina would be if it cost something along the lines of 1000 crystals to 'unlock' the ability to build the 2nd one.

That game has only one "droid" equivalent builder...but in their generosity they added the possibility to have a second...BUT ONLY if bought with REAL MONEY. No other alternative whatsoever...not sure the second was permanent or even temporary...but sure it was for a fee...

yep,
Agree with the warnings above... if somehow Da Mou$e get the idea there is real money to be made by opening up the possibility to unlock either a second cantina or laboratory, there will be no end to it. Why not add a third lab then? and while we're at it, some monsterdeka as well... :shock:

But to get back to the subject of the OP; Dowutins plainly suck currently. I have a bunch at L8 in my HQ and the only time I use those is when I have a deploy Dowutins objective. If I cook them at L1 they (under-)perform about as badly...

Maybe the devs in their wisdom/folly will someday find a useful purpose for the Dowutin.... :lol:
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#18 » Thu May 04, 2017 3:01 am

Ghost666 wrote:

Hmm... to be honest... after playing this since the start... I think that'd be a positive change. It's clear the game is designed for those who like to spend... I think spending a 1000 crystals for a building would possibly be more economic for the wallet warriors than continuing to crystal for lugga etc..

Personally whenever i see someone attack me with full air, kessen and a lugga train i just laugh.. that load out probably spends more crystal than I've spent in 18 months :)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 164,500 medals

Ghost666
Major General

Post#19 » Thu May 04, 2017 3:57 am

Richaldo wrote:Personally whenever i see someone attack me with full air, kessen and a lugga train i just laugh.. that load out probably spends more crystal than I've spent in 18 months :)

Yes and No. I think devs got it right with Dekas...they added a SMALL advantage for a BIG investment...but that looked cool...
So they got (i assume) money out of it without tilting game balance too much...my long grinded L20 deka can fight with a L40 one if supported...not ideal, but good compromise...and buyers get something for their money...
If paid content tilts playing field TOO MUCH free players (i.e. ME) wont stay long...no purpose in chasing something that keeps getting further away...

That said...the dowutin was a case of the contrary...i took a loooooong time to get Cantina upgraded so i can build it...and it is simply USELESS. If i had paid real money i would be "very very" upset...
Still hoping it get improved over time...bikes were useless once upon a time...

SIDE NOTE...just read a SW short story about the Dowutin...interesting character in there...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto
VADER523 SQUAD - Positions Open

bibibiquantum
Cadet Trooper

Post#20 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:06 am

I had used Dowutin Hunter in place of Tx225 tank for some time, because I had failed to upgrade Tx tank.
It is true that there are some demerits including cost and cooking time, but I loved to use him.
I showed a few attacks with DH. Unfortunately, those replays are a little old.
If they may make some help, I am happy.
Before I got upgraded hi-lvl Tx-tank, I quitted the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt7Vl0syLmk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fmvw9SJLFY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dIYTNv-7BQ

Return to “General Discussions”