Tool to Save/Load SWC Base Layout

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Usage statistics

I play on Windows server and I use Layout Manager
13%
I play on Windows server and I don't use it
9%
I play on iOS/Android server and I use Layout Manager
33%
I play on iOS/Android server and I don't use it
45%
Total votes: 465

Spock
Grand Admiral

Re: Tool to Save/Load SWC Base Layout

Post#41 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:43 pm

Sigma582 wrote:
Spock wrote:I'm curious, does this tool allow you to change your war base in the middle of a war?

And thanks for trying to get iOS and android working. :)

Probably not. If it does I'll report a bug to DI and demand a reward :lol:

Awesome man. Again, great job putting this together.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Over 2,000 no outpost replays being shared! The largest collection of commander replays out there. Soon to become a museum of our game.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

Moadib
Commodore

Post#42 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:39 am

would be great to record a video with all steps for those using emulator as Bluestacks thx.
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

Pirate
Admiral

Post#43 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:28 am

I recommend to everyone to take advantage of this tool, it truly is a game changer. Sigma has done a great job and made it very easy and intuitive to use.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

raveRabbit
Storm Trooper

Post#44 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:09 pm

Spock wrote: I'm curious, does this tool allow you to change your war base in the middle of a war?

that would be overly lame but considering it is just a silly android/ios game. ...byDeSign? I wonder what might be possible if someone determined enough feels like effin it up?

I don't think you can stop, and to some extent, all the possible abuses unless everything runs on their servers

Sigma582
Admiral

Re: Tool to Save/Load SWC Base Layout - now supporting Android/iOS accounts

Post#45 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:45 am

so, any success stories with Android guys?
is obtaining your player secret easy enough or too hard to bother?

Pirate wrote:I recommend to everyone to take advantage of this tool, it truly is a game changer. Sigma has done a great job and made it very easy and intuitive to use.

Thanks for such a praising feedback Pirate. I'm really glad to know you like this thing.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

DarthVacc
Major General

Post#46 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:39 am

Sigma582 wrote:so, any success stories with Android guys?
is obtaining your player secret easy enough or too hard to bother?

So, what's the word on using this with iOS devices and an iMac / MacBook as your core computer? I got a little lost in all these posts to understand whether it's even possible to use this base swapping method with Apple products. And honestly, using an emulator to root my device is not something I'm particularly comfortable with doing, let alone fully understanding what I'm doing. I'm guessing most people aren't... any updates or thoughts on this would appreciated. Thx!

Rank 15 Commander - Lvl10 HQ - 57k+ Medals
Officer - EastCoastRaiders - #272 Squad Worldwide - lvl48 Perks - 490k+ Squad Medals

joshuatree
Cadet Trooper

Post#47 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:51 pm

DarthVacc wrote: Apple products

Issue is people on android/ios getting their "playerSecret" without any hacking. I could probably rewrite the Sigma's tool as a PowerShell script. ...then again the OS X guys would be scared from using the console :lol:

seriously, tons of ways to do it. an OSX friendlier would be using python and some simple gui. or just setting up a web page -- would you be pasting yours on a GitHub page even if it is not transmitted over the wire? 8-)

Sigma582 wrote: ...

do you have any idea what went wrong with the fb authentication? I have some vague memories OAuth being a bit tricky to use from an "application" -- passing data back and forth, it kinda expected a web browser opening a web page ...or smth like that
a humble member o teh fcuk squad

GrimJoker
Storm Trooper

Post#48 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:22 am

Hi. Thanks for the great tool! But I have a quick question: will this work for loading my current war layout onto my regular one? I mean, i put a lot more effort into designing war bases, and i don't want to mirror it, building by building. Is it possible to load a war layout as a regular layout? So far i've been getting 1010 status codes

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#49 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:20 am

GrimJoker wrote:Hi. Thanks for the great tool! But I have a quick question: will this work for loading my current war layout onto my regular one? I mean, i put a lot more effort into designing war bases, and i don't want to mirror it, building by building. Is it possible to load a war layout as a regular layout? So far i've been getting 1010 status codes

Transferring war base onto regular and vice versa should work fine. Status 1010 means one of the structures is being placed on top of another one. There are 2 possible reasons for that:
  • You have junk on your base where a building should be placed.
    Clear the junk and then try again.
  • There is a (new) building in the base which is not saved in the file. When you load the layout from file, this new building is not moved and some other building is trying to move onto the same place.
    Open your war base in editor mode. See if you have any buildings on the ribbon. Place them on the field and save changes. Then export your war layout to a file and import the file to your regular base.

DarthVacc wrote:So, what's the word on using this with iOS devices and an iMac / MacBook as your core computer? I got a little lost in all these posts to understand whether it's even possible to use this base swapping method with Apple products.

Well, there are a few options to run this (or other Windows apps) on Mac:
Honestly I don't have Mac to test either of these options, so you'll have to explore them yourself.

DarthVacc wrote:And honestly, using an emulator to root my device is not something I'm particularly comfortable with doing, let alone fully understanding what I'm doing. I'm guessing most people aren't... any updates or thoughts on this would appreciated. Thx!

Rooting a device and using an emulator are two different paths.
Emulator gives you a kind of "virtual device". Virtual machines/devices are good in a way that they are created easily and for free, you can do whatever you want to them, then just discard them.
While rooting you real phone/tablet may be sophisticated and may have security/warranty impact (depending on device), doing the same with a virtual one is easy and won't harm. Even if you screw it (which is unlikely) you can dispose it and create a new one with a few clicks.

joshuatree wrote:do you have any idea what went wrong with the fb authentication?

What SWC does is totally different from what FB's tutorial talks about. FB has examples but they don't work with SWC app key (says "connection from this domain is not enabled"). If I try to reuse SWC's requests it seems to work in browser but ends up opening a link looking like "fbconnect://success#164se68fs68f4se6f84". Looks like fbconnect is a specific schema and has to be registered system-wide to open this type of links in your custom app. I can google how to register URL schemes but I don't wanna tamper with users' system.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

GrimJoker
Storm Trooper

Post#50 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:21 am

Sigma582 wrote:Transferring war base onto regular and vice versa should work fine. Status 1010 means one of the structures is being placed on top of another one. There are 2 possible reasons for that:
You have junk on your base where a building should be placed.
Clear the junk and then try again.
There is a (new) building in the base which is not saved in the file. When you load the layout from file, this new building is not moved and some other building is trying to move onto the same place.
Open your war base in editor mode. See if you have any buildings on the ribbon. Place them on the field and save changes. Then export your war layout to a file and import the file to your regular base.

Thanks for the quick reply Sigma582! My bad: i saw yesterday that there was one teeny wall that I had built later, and was in the wrong place, hence the error. Your reply cleared up any confusion I still had. Thanks once again for this AWESOME tool! It surely makes base layout testing a breeze! Thanks a lot!! :D

Return to “General Discussions”