Tool to Save/Load SWC Base Layout

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Usage statistics

I play on Windows server and I use Layout Manager
13%
I play on Windows server and I don't use it
10%
I play on iOS/Android server and I use Layout Manager
34%
I play on iOS/Android server and I don't use it
42%
Total votes: 346

zarcon
Commodore

Re: Tool to Save/Load SWC Base Layout

Post#171 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:34 am

Having trouble with version 1.4 when I try to save new base designs. It acknowledges the base I created was saved but when I try to reload it later on 1.4 says base was loaded but I still have my same layout when I log into my account. My old .json files load just fine ...only when I try to save a new design with 1.4 and then load it...any suggestions?
USERNAMES: Zarcon & NIGHTSTALKER (formerly AURORA from WINDOWS)
SQUAD: GALACTIC--EMPIRE

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#172 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:11 am

zarcon wrote:.

just checked - works for me. can you describe your scenario step by step and share files saved on each step via pastebin?
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

zarcon
Commodore

Post#173 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:30 am

Sigma582 wrote:

just checked - works for me. can you describe your scenario step by step and share files saved on each step via pastebin?

Hey, sorry for late reply forgot all about it. I talked to Spock on EMPIRE LINE CHAT about my problem and we came to the conclusion I wasn't giving my new base designs enough time to be uploaded to the game server before I tried to save. I was just a little to fast on the trigger...everything is working fine now. If you see my old WINDOWS squad mate CARLIDE tell him I said hello and hope he is adjusting well :)
USERNAMES: Zarcon & NIGHTSTALKER (formerly AURORA from WINDOWS)
SQUAD: GALACTIC--EMPIRE

jaybinx
Captain

Post#174 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:10 pm

new version works for me, great job keeping it up to date sigma
Jedi-Warlords

DeltaBravo
Captain

Post#175 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:57 am

Love it, thank you. I've only found one person willing to share designs though, I'm happy to share mine if anyone wants to try my war or SD design.
Empire / Lvl 10 / Dark_Death_Squad Lvl 50 / iOS / Dedicated but mediocre player
Remember to type something funny or clever here...

jaybinx
Captain

Post#176 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:43 am

i can share my rebel hd design. don't need to use sc. and i only use johar hero for the all infantry HD, maybe a few fangs if needed
is there a way to share the jsn files?
Jedi-Warlords

SCHose
Captain

Post#177 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:29 am

I'm guessing that you probably made changes while the Layout Manager Tool was still open. Sigma582, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when you launch the tool and login, it then captures your current base layout. So if you make changes to your base layout afterwards, the tool doesn't know that the layout has changed. You actually have to exit the Layout Manager Tool and relaunch it again before trying to save your layout.

Those who in the habit of exiting the tool, will not see save issues. Those who like to leave the tool open will run into issues when saving their layout.

zarcon wrote:
Sigma582 wrote:

Hey, sorry for late reply forgot all about it. I talked to Spock on EMPIRE LINE CHAT about my problem and we came to the conclusion I wasn't giving my new base designs enough time to be uploaded to the game server before I tried to save. I was just a little to fast on the trigger...everything is working fine now. If you see my old WINDOWS squad mate CARLIDE tell him I said hello and hope he is adjusting well :)
SC Hose - Officer, PartyLikePorkins (a Top 100 Rebel Squad)
Jr Hose - Officer, Creeper624 (a casual but active Level 48 Rebel Squad)
These are the squads you are looking for.

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#178 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:19 pm

SCHose wrote:I'm guessing that you probably made changes while the Layout Manager Tool was still open. Sigma582, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when you launch the tool and login, it then captures your current base layout. So if you make changes to your base layout afterwards, the tool doesn't know that the layout has changed. You actually have to exit the Layout Manager Tool and relaunch it again before trying to save your layout.

Those who in the habit of exiting the tool, will not see save issues. Those who like to leave the tool open will run into issues when saving their layout.

correcting: it used to be the case but was fixed in v.1.4. Now LM requests your base from the server every time you hit Save, so no need to restart it.

zarcon wrote:If you see my old WINDOWS squad mate CARLIDE tell him I said hello and hope he is adjusting well :)

Sure thing, I'll pass it on to him. Would you like to pay him visit? ;)
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
-
Defense Tracker

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#179 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:13 pm

v.1.4 was downloaded 400 times!
-
Layout Manager
-
Defense Tracker

DeltaBravo
Captain

Post#180 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:30 am

It's working again for me, it was my computer missing D3DCompiler_47.dll, some failed update, and found out later the Layout Manager wasn't the only thing effected. Once I fixed that (with no help from IT who wanted to re-install Windows to fix-it) it worked great. Then I thought I broke the Gameroom only to discover it wasn't just me who was getting the Black screen... lol all that time spend trying to fix it tho... ^_^
Empire / Lvl 10 / Dark_Death_Squad Lvl 50 / iOS / Dedicated but mediocre player
Remember to type something funny or clever here...

Return to “General Discussions”