Selling Your SWC Account - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Pirate
Major General

Re: Selling Your SWC Account - Discussion Thread

Post#11 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Ghost666 wrote:Side note...it seems a L10 base is worth from 150 to 350 USD...and TieAdv Level is a selling point...

Nice find, it's always interesting to see the fair market value of things.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

DeathStriker

Post#12 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Ghost666 wrote:DS...hope this is not against the rules...i AM NOT advertising anything...just googled it and found it interesting...sorry in advance...

http://www.playerup.com/accounts/starwa ... eraccount/

Side note...it seems a L10 base is worth from 150 to 350 USD...and TieAdv Level is a selling point...

Ghost666 - No the LINK is OK.

The SWC Account that someone spent much "love" and "time" creating and using is their own property and like everything in this world, for every Buyer there is a Seller.

If someone wants to "advertise" (somewhere else) in order to sell something they "own" which they don't want anymore whom am I to stop that.

While this is an interesting Topic, I would hope most will remain positive about the future of this Game and hold on to their Accounts to see what develops in the weeks, months, (years??) ahead...

Continuing the Conversation...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#13 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Just checked out that link. Extraordinary stuff.

The prices I saw for accounts that were sold were around the $45 mark, rather than $150 to 300 referred to here. People were asking for the larger sums, but people didn't seem to be buying at that price. The posts were dated last summer, and we are about to hit Spring 2017. So they had failed to sell at those high prices for some time.

Given the amounts of money some people seem to spend on this game $45 doesn't seem an extraordinary sum. Although a key part of the fun of the game is creating and developing your own base, and learning and adapting as you go. Still, to each their own.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DrPain
Commodore

Post#14 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:36 pm

Ghost, contact MSingh from Battalion. He's helped people to transfer their accounts to others. Quantum might be another place to ask. I know that they had a number of players transfer their accounts to others (e.g. Zeus, Havoc25, bibibi, etc).

I believe that the process for iOS is different from the one for android. And if I were to guess, the level of the dekas will be the main selling point as well as the unlock/upgrade of limited time units/perks. I do recall selling their lvl 10 acct for a couple hundred dollars (dekas lvl 30s).

spiderx
Commodore

Post#15 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:48 pm

I have a highly developed CoC account that I dont play for some year or two (I dont event remember :) ). I can sell it for several hundreds of bucks (persons were contacting me with real proposals). But. Several hundreds of bucks will not change anything in my life. And I may want to do some play session even after some 4 years of "vacation".
And here, in SWC, the sums are even lower to consider...
Rebel HQ10. Base score: 2957 of 2964.
Favorite SWC website: www.star-wars-commander-info.com

Lampie
Commodore

Post#16 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:28 pm

Ghost666 wrote:DS...hope this is not against the rules...i AM NOT advertising anything...just googled it and found it interesting...sorry in advance...

http://www.playerup.com/accounts/starwa ... eraccount/

Side note...it seems a L10 base is worth from 150 to 350 USD...and TieAdv Level is a selling point...

OMG 25K!!, you serious?

:lol: :lol: :lol: think it is meant to be $250.00, someone forgot to put a "."
Last edited by Lampie on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilEwoks - Windows :D Empire's finest, Squad Wars 71W - 7L

DarthBratzzz
Major General

Post#17 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 am

this world never fails to amaze me... a developed virtual base actually being worth real money to people!
Well, for 25K €€ I might be selling...
Still, if you recount the (playing) time/hours invested, even that would be selling on the cheap!
Wife would love it though ;)

Actually, coming to think of it, it is not that strange either
I know that in my country, The Netherlands, a virtual soccer competition is set up between the Dutch Premier League clubs, who all now employ a professional gamer... and these guys seem to earn a serious salary... :shock:
:lol: Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON (level 48) "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill Rebels" :lol:
Galactic Contender for 0% damage for 0/0/0 loot attacks :roll:
Relentless fighter in squad wars, warrior-poet :mrgreen:

Pirate
Major General

Post#18 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:37 am

I have too much time and effort invested to consider selling for such a small sum. I have a squad mate who just lost his mid HQ9 account (reminder: all Windows players backup your account every way possible) and it looks like support can't really help. If I was him, I'd drop $50 for a similarly leveled up account rather than starting from square one.

On the flip side, could you imagine if someone who has never played before purchased a solid level 10 and tried to attack similar bases? The replays would be epic.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#19 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:13 am

I've been playing 2 years and I'd HATE to start up again... at least back in the day you didn't get attacked by level 10s... no armoury etc... so I can see the logic in getting a base if you've somehow lost yours...

but...

a. the entire fun for me in this game was building my base... sadly maxed now save Dekka...
b. if I lost my game... and could not retrieve... that would be straight up retirement.... .... no way I could go through this madness again hahahaha

p.s. anyone fancy a maxed level 10 Imperial base??? Make me an offer I can't refuse hahahahhaha
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
148,300 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

trackernot
Squadron Leader

Post#20 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Would love to have a 3rd account.
Anyone selling these days?
Leader of Low Medal War Squad:
ProLeague

Return to “General Discussions”