Selling Your SWC Account - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Ghost666
Major General

Selling Your SWC Account - Discussion Thread

Post#1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:18 am

Selling Accounts?

Guy in my squad went AWOL and other guy says he mentioned having sold the account...before leaving...
Is this possible? A SWC account is worth real money?

I am not being "innocent"...just dont get the "market value"...nor an easy way to transfer the "account"...unless you created a disposable google profile since day 1...

Just curious...(depending on how much it is worth, of course) :D
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title To Better Define Topic - Put Original Thread Title in Main Thread Post
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

JNB
Commodore

Re: Selling Accounts?

Post#2 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:43 am

Ghost, i know it happens in CoC, a friend sold 2 high level accounts for a couple hundred each. I supposed you could try to do it with this game but who would buy it? would disney allow that?

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#3 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:55 am

Your account is the user ID in settings. If you lose your device, you can recover your account providing you have this ID. I imagine, the seller sells this ID, and the buyer starts the app and enters the details at the appropriate time, he takes over the account.

I'm not sure Disney would know it was a new user, rather than the original user using a new device.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DarthVacc
Major General

Post#4 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:04 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:Your account is the user ID in settings. If you lose your device, you can recover your account providing you have this ID. I imagine, the seller sells this ID, and the buyer starts the app and enters the details at the appropriate time, he takes over the account.

I'm not sure Disney would know it was a new user, rather than the original user using a new device.

It's a bit more complicated than that... If you created a burner Facebook account (for example) and linked your SW:C progress to it, then yes, when you start the game fresh and get to the point where you can link to Facebook, then you can connect your fresh game to the saved game profile associated with that Facebook account.

Hope that makes sense...

Rank 15 Commander - Lvl10 HQ - 57k+ Medals
Officer - EastCoastRaiders - #272 Squad Worldwide - lvl48 Perks - 490k+ Squad Medals

Ghost666
Major General

Post#5 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:21 am

I am guessing you can unsync with one FB/Google account...and sync with other...perhaps...

Still waiting on feedback on my squad guy...funny thing is it was one of the lower levels...new L10 i think...

Midge
Admiral

Post#6 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:42 am

If you have the ID ... Disney will help you put everything back together as needed. But having a burner FB account makes it even easier.

I can't imagine this is really worth it, but if someone pulls it off, good for them.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

DeathStriker

Re: Selling Your SWC Account - Discussion Thread

Post#7 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:52 am

When one takes into account all the Time and possibly Money making say a Level 7+ Account than some would say it would be worth spending say $100.00 (or more) to start the game with an established Base full of developed Units and Structures than say to start at the beginning and have to spending 6 Months to a 1 Year (or more) getting a Base to a Level 7+ status.

That said, there are some drawbacks.

1. I believe you can't change the In-Game Name since it is tied to the Account.
  2. You don't know ahead of time if the "Game Account" has already been "Banned" (you only have the "Sellers" word for it) so you may spend money only to find you don't get a usable account.
As with all things that involve the exchange of cash for goods it is - BUYER BEWARE!

Interesting Topic...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Pirate
Major General

Post#8 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:04 pm

A friend of mine used to build up and sell Warcraft accounts back in the day for four digit paydays. Question is, how much is your account worth to you? Like DS pointed out, there is a significant time investment to get to higher levels. The problem is right now there are probably more sellers than buyers though.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Ghost666
Major General

Post#9 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Pirate wrote:A friend of mine used to build up and sell Warcraft accounts back in the day for four digit paydays. Question is, how much is your account worth to you? Like DS pointed out, there is a significant time investment to get to higher levels. The problem is right now there are probably more sellers than buyers though.

I never thought about selling...BUT to be 100% honest, i have been entertaining the "leaving" sentiment since Kessen dropped by and it became obvious that the player-devs link was severed...
(clarification, my issue is NOT KESSEN, but the lack of explanation, clarification, discussion that followed and was not usual until then)

I didnt think of my base as having a monetary worth until the guy left...but thinking better...it makes sense...lots of guys are paying hundreds of dollars to get to where i am (i.e. L10 base).

If they gave me 4 digits for it i think i would sell it right now...any takers?
P.S. Ghost is actually a cool name, no?

Ghost666
Major General

Post#10 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:56 pm

DS...hope this is not against the rules...i AM NOT advertising anything...just googled it and found it interesting...sorry in advance...

http://www.playerup.com/accounts/starwa ... eraccount/

Side note...it seems a L10 base is worth from 150 to 350 USD...and TieAdv Level is a selling point...

Return to “General Discussions”