[Armory Info] Turret - Building - Unit - Hero - Skin Changes - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: [Armory Info] Turret and Building Skin Changes - Discussion Thread

Post#31 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:22 am

If the Sonic Turret does receive a Armory Buff I suspect it will be for Reinforced Mounting (Health) and NOT Enhanced Heat Sink (Damage).

EXPECTED ARMORY BUFFS POSSIBLE... We should be expecting Structure Buffs which may include:

• Shield Generators (Reinforced Bracing)
  • Credit Vaults (Reinforced Bracing)
  • Alloy Depots (Reinforced Bracing)
  • Contraband Safehouse (Reinforced Bracing)
AS FOR TRAPS...

Uncertain if Traps will every receive a Armory Buff but if they did I could see both a Structure Buff and Unit Skin Combo as shown by the following examples only:

• Rebel Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT) Desert / Forest / Arctic Trap - Structure - Reinforced Bracing
  • Rebel Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT) Desert Trap - Unit - Deploys Desert Heavy Soldiers
  • Rebel Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT) Forest Trap - Unit - Deploys Gigoran Fighter‎
  • Rebel Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT) Arctic Trap - Unit - Deploys Cold Weather Heavy Soldiers
  • Rebel "other" Starship Strikes (X-Wing / Y-Wing) - Unit - Uses new Unit Skins like Fang Fighter (for X-Wing Trap), etc.
  • Empire Imperial Dropship Transport (IDT) Desert / Forest / Arctic Trap - Structure - Reinforced Bracing
  • Empire Imperial Dropship Transport (IDT) Desert Trap - Unit - Deploys Heavy Sand Trooper
  • Empire Imperial Dropship Transport (IDT) Forest Trap - Unit - Deploys Heavy Shore Trooper
  • Empire Imperial Dropship Transport (IDT) Arctic Trap - Unit - Deploys Heavy Snow Trooper
  • Empire "other" Traps / Starship Strikes (TIE Fighter / TIE Bomber) - Unit - Uses new Unit Skins like TIE Striker (for TIE Fighter Trap), etc.
Of course, the above is only speculation / guess / my ideas and not official.

The addition of Structure Buffs / Unit Skins is very open and has multiple possibilities and only time will tell if any "predictions" come true.

Adding to this Thread...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Moadib
Commodore

Post#32 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:39 am

with already rapids- bursts activation in armory with all rest of the available buildings ,HQ,walls ,collectors am running 61765 no room for any other thing in armory ( maxed lvl 6 ) if i use any unit buff to boost sc troops like hails , heavies or regs then normaly have to cut down collectors even reinforced mountings,

first thing is they will need to give armory more uc and higher lvl to fit all this new buffs

2 nd thing that bothers all is that you cant choose the frags you won they are random and some players have like 0 cold hail frags while their reb commando is on lvl 7 already, i still get reb commando , gigorians even do it's artic conflict just the same as when sand troops came out all i got was gigorians ,and reb commando but 1% in total of any sand frags , had to wait for 10 days until i got 1 frag for sand reg daily to be competetive on that planet,

buffed turrets made all planes you upgraded for redicilous amount of time B-wing,X-wing now uselles but on sullust we all run on fangs and hwk now and healing ships- this is not well balanced in any way,

there is no player control on what he wants to upgrade in armory no matter how much he plays heroic defenses or how many objective crates he does per day ,frags are random and not as advertised ,would be much better if you could choose those 2 frags you get so you can at least unlock certain unit that is available for some time do random shares just dont give you any.

Almighty regs are to much this all buffs are a joke , it completely removed the tactic part and design of base to oblivion , all players now have a feeling that they are very skilled ,spanking lvl 10 top bases for 2-3 stars with 40 regs but when it comes to sullust war bases then lvl 9 HQ base with lvl 8 guns becomes a problem .........
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#33 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:19 pm

DeathStriker wrote:

those already exist
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

DeathStriker

Post#34 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Sigma582 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:

those already exist

Sigma582 - sorry to correct you but NO...

We currently have

• Reinforced Credit Market Bracing (Credit Collector not Credit Vault)
  • Reinforced Alloy Refinery Bracing (Alloy Collector not Alloy Depot)
  • Reinforced Contraband Trade Port Bracing (Contraband Collector not Contraband Safehouse)
I hope you understand better now...

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#35 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:06 pm

argh, silly me
need to sleep more
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

DeathStriker

Post#36 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:57 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT: Hotfix 03-23-2017, Patch 4.9.0. Released

BOTTOM LINE

• Armory Equipment Skins have been Nurfed (Buff reduced)
  • Armory Burst and Mortar Turrets have been Buffed!
View Thread: [iOS/Android] Hotfix 03-23-2017 - Patch 4.9.0. - Discussion Thread

Keeping Everyone Informed...

Rebelscummer
Major General

Post#37 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:54 pm

DeathStriker wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT: Hotfix 03-23-2017, Patch 4.9.0. Released

BOTTOM LINE

More power to Mortars and Bursts, this is crazy, they should've given more power to Rockets instead, then take it back, and do it again. Who the hell is running this game, why they're messing with all those buffs and nerfs, I can't believe how F-up this game is now. Empty bases with no loot, constant CNFOs, useless unlocks, level 8 newbies destroying Level 10 veterans.....whatever, enjoy this never ending BS!

zarcon
Commodore

Post#38 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:18 am

Rebelscummer wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT: Hotfix 03-23-2017, Patch 4.9.0. Released

BOTTOM LINE

More power to Mortars and Bursts, this is crazy, they should've given more power to Rockets instead, then take it back, and do it again. Who the hell is running this game, why they're messing with all those buffs and nerfs, I can't believe how F-up this game is now. Empty bases with no loot, constant CNFOs, useless unlocks, level 8 newbies destroying Level 10 veterans.....whatever, enjoy this never ending BS!

SO TRUE COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!
USERNAMES: Zarcon & NIGHTSTALKER (formerly AURORA from WINDOWS)
SQUAD: GALACTIC--EMPIRE

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#39 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:33 am

We are now finally worse off than when we started on this treadmill. Taking level 4 armory buffed heavies as an example, since this is reasonable for level 10s who have been playing this entire time:

Pre-armory: turrets 100%, heavies 100%
Original armory: turrets from 120% to 140%, lvl 4 armory heavies at 137%.
Current armory: turrets from 200% (or 210%) to 259%, lvl 4 armory heavies at 204%.

Net change is that turrets are more powerful than infantry now, but you need the skins leveled just to try to mitigate it.

Where I see the biggest difference is on my level 7 base. It is now extremely difficult to attack into glowing turrets and get a star, since I only have minimal armory fragments. I don't have access to jets. Snipers are useless (buffed walls, and no access to lugga). Levels 6-8 just got even more difficult, when that was the biggest hurdle in the game originally. This is where the changes really hurt, and it's a problem for the longevity of the game since people will quit here.

This is not "balanced."
Last edited by Shelendil on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#40 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:10 am

Shelendil, my friend, that could be a significant problem, although the figures you give only relate to L4 armoury, and I would imagine that v few L7 commanders would have gotten to that level yet. I say that with the assumption that commanders who had earned enough frags to get L4 Armoury units would have progressed in other ways as well and upgraded their HQs.

It's been a while now for me, but I remember L7 and 8 being particularly tough when my HQ was newly upgraded to those levels. It took a while to get the resources and for my research lab to upgrade my units to match.

L7 to 8 commanders need to be treated fairly by the game for it to continue at present levels. They are the future of the game.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Return to “General Discussions”