[Armory Info] Turret - Building - Unit - Hero - Skin Changes - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: [Armory Info] Turret and Building Skin Changes - Discussion Thread

Post#11 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:02 am

Shelendil wrote:I don't need to know the RAW damage values, the math is the same:

RAW DAMAGE
Old: 500*120%
New: 500*200%

New/Old = (500*200%)/(500*120%) = (200%)/(120%) = 166%.

The fact that a rapid does 500 points of damage does not matter.

And I did create another table. You deleted it.

Shelendi - I love Math! :D (even if times its confusing)

I think I understand better. Your math is correct just how it was presented was confusing.

• Old: 500 * 1.20 (120%) = 600
  • New: 500 * 2 (200%) = 1000
  • New/Old = 1000/600 = 1.66 = 166%
As for the Table (which you copied from my first post) the values would confuse some. Also since the value resulting from the DAMAGE INCREASE which includes the Raw Damage Value + Damage Buff would be different depending upon Turret this would further confuse readers.

My suggestion would be, if you wish, to create a NEW TABLE showing:

• Each Turret Type
  • Turret Raw Damage Value for each Level
  • Buffed Damage Value (pre-patch) for each Level
  • Buffed Damage Value (post-patch) for each Level
  • Net Percentage Change for each Level
Thanks for contributing to this Thread and this Forum! :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Pirate
Major General

Post#12 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:14 am

It looks to me like you guys are comparing different numbers.

DS is looking at percent increase in damage/health buff percentage of armory item. Level 1 turret buff being increased from 20% to 100% = 400% increase in damage/health buff of armory item.

Shelindil is looking at percent increase in total turret damage/health. Level 1 turret total damage/health being increased from 120% to 200% = 66.7% increase in total damage/health of overall turret.

Either number proves it is a big increase.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#13 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:18 am

That's the thing though: it doesn't vary by turret. The raw damage per level doesn't matter. The net percentage change is the same. My original table is correct.

If you need to prove this for yourself, I suggest working through some examples.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DeathStriker

Post#14 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:30 am

Shelendil wrote:That's the thing though: it doesn't vary by turret. The raw damage per level doesn't matter.

That's the thing though: Turret Raw Damage DOES vary by Turret so Raw Damage per Level DOES matter.

EXAMPLE:

I hope you understand better now...

rebel10

Post#15 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:30 pm

you are talking around simple math terminology. If anything increases from 100 to 200 it is a 100% increase over the old valuebut but it is 200% or double the old value. The math in the first case assumes the original is a 0% increase and you are calculting the number to add. The other value assumes a straight multiplication. In the first case a decrease would be a negative number . In the second case it would be a percentage less than 100%. You are both right

Pirate
Major General

Post#16 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:48 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Shelendil wrote:That's the thing though: it doesn't vary by turret. The raw damage per level doesn't matter.

That's the thing though: Turret Raw Damage DOES vary by Turret so Raw Damage per Level DOES matter.

EXAMPLE:

Actually, in Shelendil's example, the percent increase IS independent of base turret level (raw damage/health) and probably a better indicator of this overall buff. In the equation (new-old)/old, the base damage/health value cancels out, only the armory buff percentage matters:

A level 1 Rapid Fire with level 1 damage armory boost went from 600 dps to 1000 dps. A percent increase of 67%.

A level 1 Mortar with level 1 damage armory boost went from 420 dps to 700 dps. A percent increase of 67%.

A level 10 Rapid Fire with level 1 damage armory boost went from 2700 dps to 4500 dps. A percent increase of 67%.

With the defensive buff, a level 1 armory turret boost increased the total damage/health of that turret by 67%.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#17 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:49 am

Pirate wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:

EXAMPLE:

Actually, in Shelendil's example, the percent increase IS independent of base turret level (raw damage/health) and probably a better indicator of this overall buff. In the equation (new-old)/old, the base damage/health value cancels out, only the armory buff percentage matters:

A level 1 Rapid Fire with level 1 damage armory boost went from 600 dps to 1000 dps. A percent increase of 67%.

A level 1 Mortar with level 1 damage armory boost went from 420 dps to 700 dps. A percent increase of 67%.

A level 10 Rapid Fire with level 1 damage armory boost went from 2700 dps to 4500 dps. A percent increase of 67%.

With the defensive buff, a level 1 armory turret boost increased the total damage/health of that turret by 67%.

Thank you.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

willmayo20
Commander

Post#18 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:48 am

Shelendil wrote:
Pirate wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:That's the thing though: Turret Raw Damage DOES vary by Turret so Raw Damage per Level DOES matter.

EXAMPLE:

Thank you.

I also agree with this. Raw DPS doesn't matter. If you have 500 raw dps or 750 or 1000 or 10000 the same multiplier applies.

DeathStriker

Post#19 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:00 am

Shelendil - posted the following in the Thread Post found here.

I am reposting here in this Thread for comments if desired.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The following all applies to turrets.

The first table lists the buff values taken from the game, including when the armory originally was released, the week of hell, and the current values.

Level - Original - Hell - Current

1. 20% 100% 50%
  2. 22% 113% 56%
  3. 24% 128% 64%
  4. 27% 144% 72%
  5. 29% 160% 80%
  6. 31% 177% 88%
  7. 33% 195% 97%
  8. 36% 213% 106%
  9. 38% 231% 115%
  10. 40% 250% 125%

The second table lists how much the armory skin was buffed relative to the values when the armory originally came out. For example, if you had a level 1 armory skin active on your turret, it did 1.67 times more damage last week and currently does 1.25 times more damage than the original level 1 skin.

Level - Hell - Current

1. 1.67x 1.25x
  2. 1.75x 1.28x
  3. 1.84x 1.32x
  4. 1.92x 1.35x
  5. 2.02x 1.40x
  6. 2.11x 1.44x
  7. 2.22x 1.48x
  8. 2.30x 1.51x
  9. 2.40x 1.56x
  10. 2.50x 1.61x

DeathStriker

Post#20 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:07 pm

NOTICE: SWC Wiki Information Updated

The SWC Wiki Information for the Armory Defensive Structure Skins has been updated to reflect the changes made by Patch 4.6.2.1.

The changes shown reflect what we already know. The Patch 4.6.1.1. High Buffs were reduced by 50% and then ROUNDED DOWN to nearest integer (if needed).

Examples:

• High Buff of 180 was reduced to 90.
  • High Buff of 183 was reduced to 91.5 than Rounded Down to 91.
Example Changed Page: Rapid Fire Turret (Rebel) Reinforced Mounting,

⇨ To view the SWC Wiki Page Changes made on 1/30/2017 which show the individual Armory Skin Changes click here.

Keeping Everyone Informed...

Return to “General Discussions”