That Star Wars Commander Moment when...

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
GlockShanty
Captain

Re: That Star Wars Commander Moment when...

Post#271 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:59 am

Yep, I have been playing since the day one release in August 2014, but I didn't shed a tear when the end came. It was sad, but it's only a mobile game. A game that I enjoyed, but still only a game. If it's anything more than that to anyone, then those people are likely missing something in real life; worthwhile relationships, close friends, etc.

My squad had shrunk from 27 active players before the announcement, to 9 players in the final minutes. Some of those had not been active for weeks. I finished the game enjoying wiping out Line Lifer pricks on Yavin with full SMTT and armory attacks and then in the final two days I parked on Tatt, to finish where I began in August 2014. Then I hit a protection bubble so no-one could attack me, so my base went out in perfect order. Then I deleted the game a few hours before the end.

I'm going to say it again, but I endured a lot of shit on here for correctly predicting that Zynga would shut down the game before August 2020 for the 6th anniversary. I put up with a lot of attacks on here (some very vicious and personal) but I stuck to what I knew what happen, because the clues were there. Yes, I emailed and pestered Frank Gilbeau the Zynga CEO in the days before the announcement was made. Do I regret it? No. Zynga made their intentions clear, but remained underhanded in their approach from way back before Christmas. I just stuck to what I believed in, because I knew that I was right; and right I was.
Playing since August 2014

RogueRevolution
Captain

Post#272 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:38 am

glockshanty - i know you probably won't read this, but either way - you make some valid points, and i agree with you in a lot of ways. however...
i think the game closure means a lot to some people not because they're missing close friends and relationships, but because they're losing them. i've seen so much positivity and good nature on this forum and in the SWC community in general, and regardless of how much one was involved in that, it's a shame to see it lost, especially for those who did make friendships through the game that evolved to something more personal. and regardless of everything - i wish everyone the best.
MTFBYA
may the force be with you...

joeYT
Commander

Post#273 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:22 am

Toaster Oven.
MTFBWYA
Thanks For Being Great Commanders, Keeping the Game Alive and Fun.
:( :( :(

RogueRevolution
Captain

Post#274 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:46 am

.nevO retsaoT
may the force be with you...

DeathStriker

Post#275 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:42 am

That Star Wars Commander Moment when...

You take / post those final game screenshots and finally delete Star Wars Commander Game / App from all your Game Devices and think back on the good times you had both with Game, Squadmates, Friends, and whole SWC Community.

AND SO... as the Millennium Falcon lifts off from Tatooine one last time on its way to a point beyond the Outer Rim, I, sitting in the command chair, turn and take one last look from orbit at the dusty planet with twin suns, and then with hope for the future gaming adventures that await me I press the throttle forward and jump into Lightspeed...

(Click here to view LARGER image)

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

systemshock
Captain

Post#276 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:05 am

MTFBWY, DeathStriker! Good luck on whatever road you happen to walk in the future!

Return to “General Discussions”