New Fang Fighter and TIE Striker Discussion

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthBratzzz
Major General

Re: New Fang Fighter and TIE Striker Discussion

Post#91 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:08 am

When another interminable upgrade is finished in two more days (ATMP mrk3 to L9) I shall be able to upgrade my Striker again to L5... Secu8rity droid to L2 is near as well, the flow in all other units equipment seems to have come to a standstill... I get a few Shoretroopers few and far in between, that's it.
:lol: Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON (level 48) "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill Rebels" :lol:
Galactic Contender for 0% damage for 0/0/0 loot attacks :roll:
Relentless fighter in squad wars, warrior-poet :mrgreen:

Winnie
Major General

Post#92 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:09 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:I would not recommend upgrading beyond level 5.

Different question. I already upgraded the T-5 Deliverance to lvl 6. Can i downgrade it somehow?
---------------------------------
I _ ShadowCompany _ I

Joffray
Commodore

Post#93 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:10 am

JustlikeWinnie wrote:
PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:I would not recommend upgrading beyond level 5.

Different question. I already upgraded the T-5 Deliverance to lvl 6. Can i downgrade it somehow?

It can't be downgraded. Most keep theirs at lv4. Fast cook time and pretty much the same healing as lv10 heal ship
Lv9, 26k medals
Alderaan-Memory
We have pizza! :D

...Retired...#armoryisop

Winnie
Major General

Post#94 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:20 am

Joffray wrote:It can't be downgraded. Most keep theirs at lv4. Fast cook time and pretty much the same healing as lv10 heal ship

Yepp, i *** up already. :(
I _ ShadowCompany _ I

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#95 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:05 am

Poene wrote:But can your lvl 5 Fang one-shot an AT-ACT? ;-)

Havn't tried it. Would it be possible to Fang an AT-ACT? If it's a hero unit, when would you encounter it when you're playing offense? I haven't seen one in a heroic defense, and since it's a hero unit, it can't be in a defensive SC.
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

DeathStriker

Post#96 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:03 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:
Poene wrote:But can your lvl 5 Fang one-shot an AT-ACT? ;-)

Havn't tried it. Would it be possible to Fang an AT-ACT? If it's a hero unit, when would you encounter it when you're playing offense? I haven't seen one in a heroic defense, and since it's a hero unit, it can't be in a defensive SC.

QUESTION ANSWERED: Maybe, if it was possible to be allowed to do so. Here is my reasoning...

Lets Look At Stats:

Rebel Fang Fighter

• Rebel Fang Fighter - Level 5 - Raw Damage = 25360
  • Rebel Fang Fighter - Damage Modifier - Hero Vehicle (bruiser) = 150%
  • Rebel Fang Fighter - Level 5 - Buffed Damage = 38040
Empire Elite AT-AT

• Empire Elite AT-AT - Level 1 to Level 3 - Raw Health = 24000 to 33600
  • Empire AT-ACT Armory Equipment (for Elite AT-AT) - Health Modifier - Level 1 = +30%
  • Empire Elite AT-AT - Level 2 with AT-ACT Armory Equipment Level 1 - Buffed Health = 37440
  • Empire Elite AT-AT - Level 5 - Raw Health = 43200
SWC Wiki Information:

ANALYSIS:

1. A Level 5 Fang Fighter should be able to "one-shot" a Level 1 to Level 2 Elite AT-AT with a Level 1 AT-ACT Armory Equipment "activated" on the Planets of Dandoran, Yavin 4, and Takodana.
  2. A Level 5 Fang Fighter should be able to "one-shot" a Level 1 to Level 3 Elite AT-AT (without AT-ACT Armory Equipment) on any Planet.
  3. A Level 5 Fang Fighter CAN NOT ONE SHOT a equal Level 5 Elite AT-AT regardless of whether or not it has the AT-ACT Armory Equipment Activated and what Planet it is on.
So for the most part, a Elite AT-AT being Buffed via use of activated AT-ACT Armory Unit Skin would require on average TWO Fang Fighter Strikes in order to be destroyed.

BOTTOM LINE:

The "actual answer" is NO since the AT-ACT is a re-skined Empire Hero Unit - Elite AT-AT.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE: While Players will see an Elite AT-AT spawned during Heroic Defense "events" is very unlikely (but not impossible) that they will see one spawned using the AT-ACT Armory Equipment.

Currently, also, no Hero Unit can be donated and thus can not appear in any Squad Center as a "deployable Unit".

This will remain "true" until when or if the Game Developers allow Hero Units to be place in the Squad Center and Heroic Defense "events" start spawning Hero Units using Armory Equipment Buffs.

Should this happen than the answer would change to MAYBE given the analysis above (provided of course the stats don't change by then).

Post any comments below...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: Corrected To Show Elite AT-AT instead of Regular AT-AT and made note of Elite AT-AT appearance in HD Events.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Planetbleeder
Commodore

Post#97 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 pm

Ok...we now know the answer to my question in the first post. Now we all know that it's best to not level them up due to cooking times. Now for my next question to this group....

Will the Devs adjust them to where YOU will have to upgrade them to a higher level to get the full damage we are currently getting. Remember they want you to spend crystal and air support is a major revenue source for them.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#98 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:43 am

Planetbleeder wrote:Ok...we now know the answer to my question in the first post. Now we all know that it's best to not level them up due to cooking times. Now for my next question to this group....

Will the Devs adjust them to where YOU will have to upgrade them to a higher level to get the full damage we are currently getting. Remember they want you to spend crystal and air support is a major revenue source for them.

It's within possibility, and I'd say even probable. They did it with the regular starships. It's not outside their playbook to give us a nice toy and then nerf it such that you have to get it back to higher levels to be useful.

But, truth is, only time will tell.
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

DeathStriker

Post#99 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:42 pm

TIP: Using Fang Fighter / TIE Striker on Squad Center

I ran across the following conversation in another Thread found here to which I replied in that Thread.

I felt the information could also live here in this Thread for further commenting on.

pdqsport wrote:
Midge wrote:ALSO ... a fun game ... Use two or three infils they will wipe the shields around the SC. Once the infils are dead, if you have no dropped anything else, the entire SC returns to the SC to walk in circles. At this point you can hit them with one Fang and. Dead.

So is the splash range on the Fang wide enough that you catch the whole conga line dancing around the sc? Or do you need to time it to hit along the edge of the sc?

pdqsport - The Fang Fighter has a Splash Range of 5 versus the HWK-290 Splash Range of 4.

The Squad Center has a 4 Tile x 4 Tile space - so YES - it IS possible...

Above applies also to TIE Striker (Splash Range = 5) versus the VT-49 Decimator (Splash Range = 4).

Post any Comments Below...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Moadib
Commodore

Post#100 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:29 am

fang plane could spawn new traps in future for both factions ha? so thenbig mechs could be hurt on defense ? just an idea ..... nothing else
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

Return to “General Discussions”