PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:@MasterDersan: The Fang currently does more than fine against infantry. I used to carry four level 10 HWks. Now I'm carrying three lvel 4 Fangs. They cook faster and do the same job with one hit instead of two. I'd recommend the switch.
DarthBratzzz wrote:My Tie Strikers are at L4 vs L8 for the VT49 and I am getting more enthusiastic about them. Seem to do a decent job on mech after extensive testing during heroic defence
I too, after waiting 2 days for my Level 7 HQ Reinforced Bracing to finish, just today upgraded my Rebel Fang Fighter to Level 4 and like PhoenixAZ1899 I am currently looking at switching to them versus using HWK-290's.
With more Players seeming to do the same I thought it was time to do a “tale of the tape” to borrow a term from the sport of boxing which refers to making an objective comparison, particularly between two combatants using SWC Wiki Info.LEGEND:1. DAMAGE:
2. SPLASH DAMAGE RANGE:
- A Level 1 FF / TS has Damage which is SLIGHTLY BETTER than a Level 5 HK / VT.
- A Level 5 FF / TS has Damage which is HIGHER than a Level 10 HK / VT.
3. MOBILIZATION (TRAINING) TIME:
- The FF / TS has a BIGGER SPLASH DAMAGE RANGE (5) than the HK / VT (4).
- FF / TS has SPLASH DAMAGE PERCENTAGE VALUES of 100,75,50,25,10 as compared with the HK / VT SPLASH DAMAGE PERCENTAGE VALUES of 100,50,50,10.
4. MOBILIZATION (TRAINING) COST:
- Level 1 to Level 5 HK / VT have LOWER TRAINING TIME (9m) than FF / TS (12m)
- Level 1 to Level 4 FF / TS has the SAME TRAINING TIME as Level 6 to Level 7 HK / VT.
- Level 7 to Level 10 FF / TS have LONGER TRAINING TIMES than a Level 10 HK / VT
5. DAMAGE MULTIPLIERS (Troops, Vehicles and Heroes):
- Level 1 to Level 2 HK / VT have LOWER MOBILIZATION COSTS than a Level 1 FF / TS
- Level 1 FF / TS has the SAME MOBILIZATION COST as a Level 3 HK / VT.
- Level 10 HK / VT has LESS MOBILIZATION COST than a Level 7 FF / TS
****(Only considerations since these Units are used mostly on Squad Center Deployed Units and in Heroic Defense "events")
(shows which is higher)6. ANALYSIS:
- Infantry - 150% (All)
- Infantry (bruiser) - 125% (All)
- Infantry (flier) - 0% (All)
- Infantry (healer) - 150% (All)
- Vehicle - 100% VT | 145% HK | 200% FF / TS
- Vehicle (bruiser) - 200% VT | 260% HK | 300% FF / TS
- Droideka - 100% (All)
- Hero Infantry - 150% (All)
- Hero Infantry (bruiser) - 150% (All)
- Hero Vehicle - 150% (All)
- Hero Vehicle (bruiser) - 150% (All)
7. BOTTOM LINE:
- When looking at DAMAGE and SPLASH DAMAGE RANGE and DAMAGE MULTIPLIERS it is clear that the FF / TS is FAR SUPERIOR to the HK which is BETTER than the VT.
- When looking at MOBILIZATION (TRAINING) TIME it is clear that a Level 1 to Level 5 HK / VT is QUICKER than a Level 1 FF / TS.
- When looking at MOBILIZATION (TRAINING) COSTS it is clear that Level 1 to Level 10 HK / VT have LOWER COSTS than most of the equivalent Levels for the FF / TS.
- It is interesting to note that while the FAVORITE TARGET of the FF / TS is Vehicles it also has the SAME DAMAGE MULTIPLIERS for Infantry as the HK / VT for which the Favorite Target is also "Infantry".
Despite the longer Mobilization (Training) Times
and higher Mobilization (Training) Costs
the Rebel Fang Fighter
/ Empire TIE Striker
is clearly the "Overall Winner" in the “tale of the tape” and is a definite consideration for use by both Factions, especially those whom currently have Level 6+ Rebel HWK-290
/ Empire VT-49 Decimator
.Post below any comments about the above breakdown... Feedback is welcome...