New Fang Fighter and TIE Striker Discussion

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
MasterDersan
Commander

Re: New Fang Fighter and TIE Striker Discussion

Post#81 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:58 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:@MasterDersan:

1) 2 level 10 HWKs are needed to take out level 10 bikes.

2) The Fang is better, as it can one-shot bikes (at least, my level 4 Fang can one-shot level 10 bikes).

The Fang has a smaller splash radius (at least, it seems like it).

I would say both the HWK and the Fang are viable. Right now, I prefer the Fang. Sure, it's one more UC, but if you consider it takes 6 UC of HWK to take out bikes/MHCs vs. 4 UC of Fang, the Fang still wins. And for me (it depends on the level you have each starship), the Fang has a slightly shorter cook time.

Long and short? Both are good options. You just have to look at the math and see which is better for you. Hope that's a fair comment.

Edit: One more thing. Just don't get too comfortable with it yet. The devs have a history of tweaking things after a buff to reduce them back down. They give us a bait-and-switch where they show us how fun something is, then nerf it so you have to work your tail off or spend lots of money to get it back where it was. Hopefully, they won't do such with the Fang, but it's happened before. Especially with starships.

Thanks for the feedback Phoenix, I guess that if fangs are more than able to take out bikes at lower levels such as level 4, theyre better than a level 10 hwk and also have lower cook times. Just one more question, a level 4 fang is also good against infantry? or does it take more than one fang to take out snipers?

Andrés: Officer of RED_SQUADRON_

RED_SQUADRON_ :Level Top 30 squad, Squad Perk Level 50, 2 spots open

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#82 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:08 pm

A level 4 Fang does rougjly the same damage to infantry that a lv9 HWK does,

Additionally, it has a larger splash area than a HWK. Multiplicator at 2 tiles distance still os 75% whereas the HWK is at 50%.
http://www.swcommander.info/~swc/wiki/i ... ng_Fighter
http://www.swcommander.info/~swc/wiki/i ... le=HWK-290
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

Moadib
Commodore

Post#83 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:07 am

" I would estimate about 1/3 of my offensive losses are because the map moves when I try to swipe the unit bar, and either I don't spin Luke fast enough, or I don't get to my HWK"

this is the main reason why players are using ssluga combo or 13 jetpacks in attack nothing to scroll left or right dump all on 1 spot ,send sacrifical regs or banthas ro trigger nasty sonics and follow them with fingers on planes if anything pops up and surprise you.

adding drabatan to usual combo just adds 1 more unit to already enormous unit icons in bottom of screen then you swipe full right to get hawk then who knows where to pick fang and if you have healing crates or b wing you can get dizzy
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#84 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:49 am

@MasterDersan: The Fang currently does more than fine against infantry. I used to carry four level 10 HWks. Now I'm carrying three lvel 4 Fangs. They cook faster and do the same job with one hit instead of two. I'd recommend the switch.
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

DarthBratzzz
Major General

Post#85 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:28 am

My Tie Strikers are at L4 vs L8 for the VT49 and I am getting more enthusiastic about them. Seem to do a decent job on mech after extensive testing during heroic defence
:lol: Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON (level 48) "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill Rebels" :lol:
Galactic Contender for 0% damage for 0/0/0 loot attacks :roll:
Relentless fighter in squad wars, warrior-poet :mrgreen:

TenaciousD
Captain

Post#86 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:29 am

Does anyone know if the Fang Fighters also received a buff in Windows OS, or that data frags for upgrading are appearing more frequently?

EDIT: OK, just looked at the SWC Wiki and the Windows OS version is 4.6.2 edition 2.

Looks like Windows gets the short end of the stick once again as my level 2 (which is taking FOREVER to level up) is at 10,400 damage) :evil: :cry:
TenaciousD
FU8AR Windows Rebel Squad (that's with an "eight") are looking for active members, by request only.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#87 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:38 pm

RebelYell wrote:A single Fang Fighter should also kill a MHC. Maybe even on 3 tiles distance with 50% splash.
A lv1 Fang will get a lv10MHC at least on direct hit.
Oh, well and a lv3 Fang should theoretically (!) get a lv10 AT-AT on direct hit. (Which is not so easy, don't target between the legs (ouch!) but between the feet.)

Lol
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Luminous beings are we

DeathStriker

[INFO] Fang Fighter / TIE Striker Comparison

Post#88 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:31 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:@MasterDersan: The Fang currently does more than fine against infantry. I used to carry four level 10 HWks. Now I'm carrying three lvel 4 Fangs. They cook faster and do the same job with one hit instead of two. I'd recommend the switch.

DarthBratzzz wrote:My Tie Strikers are at L4 vs L8 for the VT49 and I am getting more enthusiastic about them. Seem to do a decent job on mech after extensive testing during heroic defence

I too, after waiting 2 days for my Level 7 HQ Reinforced Bracing to finish, just today upgraded my Rebel Fang Fighter to Level 4 and like PhoenixAZ1899 I am currently looking at switching to them versus using HWK-290's.

With more Players seeming to do the same I thought it was time to do a “tale of the tape” to borrow a term from the sport of boxing which refers to making an objective comparison, particularly between two combatants using SWC Wiki Info.

LEGEND:

1. DAMAGE:

1. A Level 1 FF / TS has Damage which is SLIGHTLY BETTER than a Level 5 HK / VT.
  2. A Level 5 FF / TS has Damage which is HIGHER than a Level 10 HK / VT.
2. SPLASH DAMAGE RANGE:

1. The FF / TS has a BIGGER SPLASH DAMAGE RANGE (5) than the HK / VT (4).
  2. FF / TS has SPLASH DAMAGE PERCENTAGE VALUES of 100,75,50,25,10 as compared with the HK / VT SPLASH DAMAGE PERCENTAGE VALUES of 100,50,50,10.
3. MOBILIZATION (TRAINING) TIME:

1. Level 1 to Level 5 HK / VT have LOWER TRAINING TIME (9m) than FF / TS (12m)
  2. Level 1 to Level 4 FF / TS has the SAME TRAINING TIME as Level 6 to Level 7 HK / VT.
  3. Level 7 to Level 10 FF / TS have LONGER TRAINING TIMES than a Level 10 HK / VT
4. MOBILIZATION (TRAINING) COST:

1. Level 1 to Level 2 HK / VT have LOWER MOBILIZATION COSTS than a Level 1 FF / TS
  2. Level 1 FF / TS has the SAME MOBILIZATION COST as a Level 3 HK / VT.
  3. Level 10 HK / VT has LESS MOBILIZATION COST than a Level 7 FF / TS
5. DAMAGE MULTIPLIERS (Troops, Vehicles and Heroes): **

**(Only considerations since these Units are used mostly on Squad Center Deployed Units and in Heroic Defense "events")

(shows which is higher)
  • Infantry - 150% (All)
  • Infantry (bruiser) - 125% (All)
  • Infantry (flier) - 0% (All)
  • Infantry (healer) - 150% (All)
  • Vehicle - 100% VT | 145% HK | 200% FF / TS
  • Vehicle (bruiser) - 200% VT | 260% HK | 300% FF / TS
  • Droideka - 100% (All)
  • Hero Infantry - 150% (All)
  • Hero Infantry (bruiser) - 150% (All)
  • Hero Vehicle - 150% (All)
  • Hero Vehicle (bruiser) - 150% (All)
6. ANALYSIS:

1. When looking at DAMAGE and SPLASH DAMAGE RANGE and DAMAGE MULTIPLIERS it is clear that the FF / TS is FAR SUPERIOR to the HK which is BETTER than the VT.
  2. When looking at MOBILIZATION (TRAINING) TIME it is clear that a Level 1 to Level 5 HK / VT is QUICKER than a Level 1 FF / TS.
  3. When looking at MOBILIZATION (TRAINING) COSTS it is clear that Level 1 to Level 10 HK / VT have LOWER COSTS than most of the equivalent Levels for the FF / TS.
  4. It is interesting to note that while the FAVORITE TARGET of the FF / TS is Vehicles it also has the SAME DAMAGE MULTIPLIERS for Infantry as the HK / VT for which the Favorite Target is also "Infantry".
7. BOTTOM LINE:

Despite the longer Mobilization (Training) Times and higher Mobilization (Training) Costs the Rebel Fang Fighter / Empire TIE Striker is clearly the "Overall Winner" in the “tale of the tape” and is a definite consideration for use by both Factions, especially those whom currently have Level 6+ Rebel HWK-290 / Empire VT-49 Decimator.

Post below any comments about the above breakdown... Feedback is welcome...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#89 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:41 pm

As usual, DS, pretty impressive. Do you work in QA IRL?

My level 5 Fang can one-shot an AT-AT.

I would not recommend upgrading beyond level 5. It's already a 16-minute build time, which is considerable, and if a level 5 can one-shot the biggest mech out there, why add to the build time? Besides, it turns into a boat-load of fragments needed after level 4.
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

Poene
Commodore

Post#90 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:01 am

But can your lvl 5 Fang one-shot an AT-ACT? ;-)

Return to “General Discussions”