New Fang Fighter and TIE Striker Discussion

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Euph
Admiral

Re: New Fang Fighter and TIE Striker Discussion

Post#71 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:52 am

A direct hit from a L10 Striker can also take out an L10 AT-TE, dang. A near miss takes it down about 75% or so. That thing has like 96k HP @ L10. For reference, the eATAT has 72k.

I think that means it's safe to say they can kill any vehicle in the game.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

DarthBratzzz
Major General

Post#72 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:10 am

I think I can more or less confirm that I just killed a jugg coming out of a SC with a L3 Tie Striker. It was in a melee though, but as far as I could see -watched the replay several times- no other units were targeting the jugg

LOL! How much certainty do you want! ;-)
:lol: Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON (level 48) "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill Rebels" :lol:
Galactic Contender for 0% damage for 0/0/0 loot attacks :roll:
Relentless fighter in squad wars, warrior-poet :mrgreen:

Pirate
Admiral

Post#73 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:10 am

So after a nice buff, the question is how long until these get nerfed back some?
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Valiant
Commodore

Post#74 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:51 am

I expect the nerf to come soon they billed this as an anti-vehicle unit but currently it has the same buff set at the VT-49 against infantry and higher base damage so effectively we are now 180 degrees out from where we were just a few days ago now the VT is useless in comparison to the striker. Haven't compared the Rebel equivalent though I expect the same there too.

Assuming the info on the wiki is correct of course.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#75 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:59 am

I don't get why they can't fix these all together. Make one of them (Fang) crush Vehicles harder and make the other (HWK) crush infantry harder and make you decide if you want to carry them. They should both cost the same amount of time and cap as well.

Right now, the Fang has clearly jumped the HWK.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

DeathStriker

Post#76 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:25 pm

RebelYell wrote:I now updated the stats for both Spaceships in the wiki.
http://www.swcommander.info/~swc/wiki/i ... ng_Fighter
http://www.swcommander.info/~swc/wiki/i ... IE_Striker

For comparison, here is the previous version of the Fang Fighter.
http://www.swcommander.info/~swc/wiki/i ... oldid=1785
(old data!)

RebelYell - Thanks for posting that. :)

EVERYONE one of the great things about the SWC Wiki, which is using data directly from the game, is that it is possible to see earlier versions of each Wiki Page and from these glean the "changes" made.

In this case here are the links so you can view what Version 4.6.1. Hotfix changed for the Fang Fighter and TIE Striker.

LEGEND:  Left Gold  = Previous Value |  Right Blue  = Current Value

Compare Right Blue VALUES for DAMAGE in pages above with the following:

NOTABLE CHANGES MADE (Fang Fighter / TIE Striker):

1. Major Damage Boost to ALL LEVELS.
  2. Loss of Level Specific Damage Modifiers. Damage Modifier now applies to ALL LEVELS.
  3. Damage Modifier Buff's to most Infantry and Vehicles.
  4. Damage Modifier Nerf's to Structures.
  5. Traps Now Receive NO DAMAGE!
Adding to this Thread...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#77 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:13 pm

@RebelYell: thank you for posting this info. Sharing stuff like this with the players at large is what makes the SWC community such a good place.

ADDED

Midge wrote:I don't get why they can't fix these all together. Make one of them (Fang) crush Vehicles harder and make the other (HWK) crush infantry harder and make you decide if you want to carry them. They should both cost the same amount of time and cap as well.

Right now, the Fang has clearly jumped the HWK.

This will be one of those rare times where I disagree with you (I think much of what you have to say is excellent and adds to the community; thank you, Midge!). While I like the idea of starships specializing, I don't want to have one more icon to have to scroll through at the bottom of the battle screen. I would estimate about 1/3 of my offensive losses are because the map moves when I try to swipe the unit bar, and either I don't spin Luke fast enough, or I don't get to my HWK, etc. Plus it would be a huge pain to have two different ships needed to deal with a mixed clump of snipers and MHCs, or some other combo.

Ultimately, sadly, it doesn't matter what you think or what I think; the devs are going to do what the devs are going to do, and we can either eat the porridge they set in front of us or move on.

I like that they are offering multiple avenues to get a much-needed unit (that unit being something to deal with SC troops, either with the HWK/VT or the Fang/Striker). It makes me a bit peeved because I had to work my tail off to get the HWK, and I find it frustrating that it is now effectively shelved (I'd like it to do *something*, but not be for infantry and the Fang for vehicles).

We'll just see what the devs change next and go from there.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts from Poster.
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

stonejack26
Captain

Post#78 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:07 am

The HWK has quicker build times (for me not sure how it changes by level) and is one less capacity, So carrying 1-2 HWKs for Laat troops is better than carrying 1-2 fangs for the same purpose. So a very slight use for HWKs left for me anyways. But wouldn't miss them if they were gone really.

MasterDersan
Commander

Post#79 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:04 pm

Hey guys just wanted to check a couple of issues with you regarding the HWK vs Fang.

From what I hear, the fang is much better now against vehicles than the HWK (and works just as good against infantry?)

However, the HWK has lower UC and cook times so my questions are:

1) Is the HWK still useful against vehicles (especially bikes) and, if so, how many lvl 10 HWKS are needed vs lvl 10 bikes?

2) Assuming X number of lvl 10 HWKS are still effective against bikes, is the fang really better considering the lower UC and cook time of the HWK?

I understand that now Fangs are able to take out ATATs and stronger vehicles but, what Im trying to figure out is whether in the context of lighter vehicles like bikes, do HWKs still do the job (and how many are required) or should one also opt for the Fangs even though they have a higher UC and cook time.

Andrés: Officer of RED_SQUADRON_

RED_SQUADRON_ :Level Top 30 squad, Squad Perk Level 50, 2 spots open

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#80 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:43 pm

@MasterDersan:

1) 2 level 10 HWKs are needed to take out level 10 bikes.

2) The Fang is better, as it can one-shot bikes (at least, my level 4 Fang can one-shot level 10 bikes).

The Fang has a smaller splash radius (at least, it seems like it).

I would say both the HWK and the Fang are viable. Right now, I prefer the Fang. Sure, it's one more UC, but if you consider it takes 6 UC of HWK to take out bikes/MHCs vs. 4 UC of Fang, the Fang still wins. And for me (it depends on the level you have each starship), the Fang has a slightly shorter cook time.

Long and short? Both are good options. You just have to look at the math and see which is better for you. Hope that's a fair comment.

Edit: One more thing. Just don't get too comfortable with it yet. The devs have a history of tweaking things after a buff to reduce them back down. They give us a bait-and-switch where they show us how fun something is, then nerf it so you have to work your tail off or spend lots of money to get it back where it was. Hopefully, they won't do such with the Fang, but it's happened before. Especially with starships.
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

Return to “General Discussions”