New Fang Fighter and TIE Striker Discussion

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthBratzzz
Major General

Re: New Fang Fighter and TIE Striker Discussion

Post#101 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:55 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:
Planetbleeder wrote:Ok...we now know the answer to my question in the first post. Now we all know that it's best to not level them up due to cooking times. Now for my next question to this group....

Will the Devs adjust them to where YOU will have to upgrade them to a higher level to get the full damage we are currently getting. Remember they want you to spend crystal and air support is a major revenue source for them.

It's within possibility, and I'd say even probable. They did it with the regular starships. It's not outside their playbook to give us a nice toy and then nerf it such that you have to get it back to higher levels to be useful.

But, truth is, only time will tell.

This is what I am afraid of; my Striker is now at L5 doing a good job (I have a pile at 10 in my HQ and they are not noticeably better) and before the end of this event period (Event Horizon ;) ) i may yet gather enough frags to get it to a very acceptable L6... Kind of good enough for my tastes... So not for The Mouse's appetite for crystal$$$$ I fear :shock:
:lol: Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON (level 48) "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill Rebels" :lol:
Galactic Contender for 0% damage for 0/0/0 loot attacks :roll:
Relentless fighter in squad wars, warrior-poet :mrgreen:

DeathStriker

Post#102 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:38 pm

So I have been using my Level 4 Fang Fighters for a while now and I have fully replaced / ended use of the HWK-290.

I love striking the un-shielded Squad Center with the conga line of SC Unit dancing around the SC and killing / destroying most if not all of them. Also I find they do well, when deployed right, in killing Level 10 Speeder Bikes (timing is everything).

So this leads to the following question:

Does the new Fang Fighter (Rebel) and TIE Striker (Empire) change the need to go to Yavin 4 to get the HWK-290 (Rebel) / VT-49 Decimator (Empire) Event Only Up-Gradable Units?

I do miss, somewhat, the napalm explosion effect of the HWK-290, but the greater RANGE of the Fang Fighter won me over.

Post your answer and/or comments below...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

lindzo1508
Officer

Post#103 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:51 pm

DeathStriker wrote:So I have been using my Level 4 Fang Fighters for a while now and I have fully replaced / ended use of the HWK-290.

I love striking the un-shielded Squad Center with the conga line of SC Unit dancing around the SC and killing / destroying most if not all of them. Also I find they do well, when deployed right, in killing Level 10 Speeder Bikes (timing is everything).

Does the new Fang Fighter (Rebel) and TIE Striker (Empire) change the need to go to Yavin 4 to get the HWK-290 (Rebel) / VT-49 Decimator (Empire) Event Only Up-Gradable Units?

I have stopped all together on trying to upgrade my HWK. It is currently at a poor level of 2, and my fang is at a 6. Only need 43 for frags to get it to a 7
Officer of OmegaBrotherhood - Maxed Level 50 Rebel Squad
Ranked # 79 on SquadsofDeath
Baby HQ 10 - 40k Medals
Now looking for new members!

rRr
Admiral

Post#104 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:51 pm

DeathStriker wrote:So I have been using my Level 4 Fang Fighters for a while now and I have fully replaced / ended use of the HWK-290.

I do miss, somewhat, the napalm explosion effect of the HWK-290, but the greater RANGE of the Fang Fighter won me over.

Post your answer and/or comments below...

TIE Striker is not able to kill Mercs, Twileks survive their strike..
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Planetbleeder
Commodore

Post#105 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:13 pm

I believe that the Devs will nerf the fang in due time to make the hawk conflict important again as a conflict prize. They may lower the cooking time on the hawk and raise the cooking time on the fang...nerf the fang to where players need to upgrade it past lvl4 because it will only destroy lvl4 to lvl5 troops. Right now they have made the fang a hot property to have so that everyone is using it.

Anyway...they are very good in ruining the fun we have.

Euph
Admiral

Post#106 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Planetbleeder wrote:I believe that the Devs will nerf the fang in due time to make the hawk conflict important again as a conflict prize. They may lower the cooking time on the hawk and raise the cooking time on the fang...nerf the fang to where players need to upgrade it past lvl4 because it will only destroy lvl4 to lvl5 troops. Right now they have made the fang a hot property to have so that everyone is using it.

Anyway...they are very good in ruining the fun we have.

This. I'm convinced it will get nerfed, they're just waiting til after the event. I'm so certain of it I'm actually already kind of annoyed about it, lol.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

BertO
Major General

Post#107 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:20 pm

I shelved my level 9 HWKs for level 3 Fangs. For what I mainly use them for (stuck MHCs) they are better and cook faster. Feel like they are a way to make up for those of us who upgraded our HWKs before their buff and have been stuck with ridiculous cooktimes as a result.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

Taliesin

Post#108 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:57 pm

Only real use ive had for the fang is taking out heavy vehicles in the defense missions. Makes a big difference but havent conpared the performance against other starships yet.

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#109 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:28 am

I have Fang at level 6 on one rebel base, and level 4 on the other. I can't really tell the difference in effect. If I had it to do over, I'd probably leave both Fangs at L4 and save the 4 min build time. At the same time, I've banked Fang fragments as a hedge against a future nerf. Hopefully, I'll never need to cash them!

DeathStriker

Post#110 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:36 am

Dolphin75 wrote:I have Fang at level 6 on one rebel base, and level 4 on the other. I can't really tell the difference in effect. If I had it to do over, I'd probably leave both Fangs at L4 and save the 4 min build time. At the same time, I've banked Fang fragments as a hedge against a future nerf. Hopefully, I'll never need to cash them!

Dolphin75 - Yes, I agree, don't upgrade Fang Fighter (and TIE Striker) for now past Level 4 or you will pay the "Penality" of Increased Commissioning / Training Times.

SWC WIKI INFO:

I too will be "stockpiling" my Fang Fighter Data Fragments...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”