Kessen Questions

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Oldrebel
Commodore

Re: Kessen Questions

Post#31 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:17 am

Therealharbinger wrote:
Oldrebel wrote:
Therealharbinger wrote:Kessens range is 50 on the ability shot. If you're the type that dumps his scared in the farthest corner this is why it'll miss. It wont track the deka and go for the outright closest thing aka droid hut.

This is incorrect. Kessen range is 44 tiles. This is because the grid is 43x43.
A lugga will not extend the shot, only increase width by virtue of splash damage.
Nearest building determines aim if the dekas are out of "view range" when you force the shot- thus, you can kill the SC even if dekas are live on platforms, depending on location. Even through ANY structure: transport, factory, banner or wall peg.

I'll correct you and myself.
The range is 60.
https://github.com/papajessie/swcpy/blo ... eJohhar.md

"Secondary shot max attack range" is not the parameter you want. Look at "secondary shot length segments". Those define damage done in each tile. Count the entries, there are 44.
The "width segments" parameter is just below, defining splash damages of +/- 2 tiles.

If the shot did damage for 60 tiles, an SC in upper corner shot from the bottom could be killed. This is not the case. This is probably a bug, as is the quirk that the vapor trail rarely lines up with true damage.

LORDPUMPSALOT
Commodore

Post#32 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:34 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:
I have heard that deflection theory, but I don't see it in practice. I have seen Kessen shots lined up with a transport. Nice clean shots through the transport, HQ and then squad center at the back. Right in a line. Not saying deflections don't exist, but I have not seen it in practice. I generally check the damage line and it's clear where the shot went. I don't look at the vapor trail.

It could very well have to do with the level and hitpoints of the transport/factory versus Kessen and/or lugga level.
All I can confirm is since my transport and a factory have been put in between and in line with my dekas and sc, Kessen shots on my sc have become practically non existent unless they drop something to bait the deka away from their pad or if they drop a troop and destroy them first and then play Kessen. I do not have the capability to record and show my replays but I assure you that many have tried to shoot through those two buildings to get my sc, and many have failed.
DON'T HATE THA PLAYA, FIX THA BASE... :o :o :o :o :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

LEADER OF TheCloneWarrior SQUAD. If you are a SOLID level 10+ daily player, stop on by...THE WATER IS NICE.

LORDPUMPSALOT
Commodore

Post#33 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:52 pm

Oldrebel wrote:Again, incorrect. Look at papajessie site. "Secondary shot deflectable: no"
Do those buildings influence the aim? Yes. Not the same as deflection.

Same as I told lukeskywalker, I have no idea about how the stats on Pappa Jesse's works, but as long as I have had my transport and Factory in line with my SC and my deka's, Kessen shots to my SC are practically non-existent. There have been many try and there have been many that fail. Ranges and secondary shots all of those other statistics may be as they are but those two buildings have not only protected my base quite well but others whom I have attacked with kessen and a Deka or two who have a transport or a factory in the way have thwarted me as well. The shot goes through the buildings ( from what you see on the screen which I know is not always exactly where his shot goes) and always grazes the edge of the sc but not destroy it.
Shots will go right through markets, depots, and most other buildings and flatten it every time.
Not saying that I am necessarily right, but for the time that I have been playing every since about two months after this game was started, transports and factories have been the only buildings that have protected my SC. And once my kessen became 10, I spent many hours and hundreds of attacks learning how to use him, and they have always been the only two factors that have been consistent at keeping me from destroying sc's.
DON'T HATE THA PLAYA, FIX THA BASE... :o :o :o :o :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

LEADER OF TheCloneWarrior SQUAD. If you are a SOLID level 10+ daily player, stop on by...THE WATER IS NICE.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#34 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:00 pm

LORDPUMPSALOT wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:
I have heard that deflection theory, but I don't see it in practice. I have seen Kessen shots lined up with a transport. Nice clean shots through the transport, HQ and then squad center at the back. Right in a line. Not saying deflections don't exist, but I have not seen it in practice. I generally check the damage line and it's clear where the shot went. I don't look at the vapor trail.

It could very well have to do with the level and hitpoints of the transport/factory versus Kessen and/or lugga level.
All I can confirm is since my transport and a factory have been put in between and in line with my dekas and sc, Kessen shots on my sc have become practically non existent unless they drop something to bait the deka away from their pad or if they drop a troop and destroy them first and then play Kessen. I do not have the capability to record and show my replays but I assure you that many have tried to shoot through those two buildings to get my sc, and many have failed.

I suspect it's because the larger buildings are harder to gauge the target line and not due to deflection, and most players that use the Kessen shot are under the wrong target line assumption. With a smaller building, it's real easy to line up the northern tip. I would look at the damage line. The damage line is always a straight line. I suspect if a flag or resource generator was in front of the transport or factory, the Kessen shot target line would be easier for the attacker and it would cut through the transport or factory without any issue/deflection. That would confirm whether it's a deflection or target line issue. Bottom line it works for you, but for people trying to gain a better understanding of the Kessen shot, I would suggest testing it from both an attack and defensive standpoint.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

Kesselrunner
Storm Trooper

Post#35 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:21 pm

I use Kessen a lot and can confirm that if a flag or other building is in Line with Kessen mp shot and in front of factory or transport buildings it will go straight thru the factory or transport buildings.

I have no screenshot to show you this tho, but if I get the chanse I will provide you one.

So, don't put anything in front of your factory or transport buildings.
I do know that the trick to make Kessen miss works too. It takes practice to make mp shot work for you, but when you get it right... Damn he is good! :D

LORDPUMPSALOT
Commodore

Post#36 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:44 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:

All I can confirm is since my transport and a factory have been put in between and in line with my dekas and sc, Kessen shots on my sc have become practically non existent unless they drop something to bait the deka away from their pad or if they drop a troop and destroy them first and then play Kessen. I do not have the capability to record and show my replays but I assure you that many have tried to shoot through those two buildings to get my sc, and many have failed.[/quote]

I suspect it's because the larger buildings are harder to gauge the target line and not due to deflection, and most players that use the Kessen shot are under the wrong target line assumption. With a smaller building, it's real easy to line up the northern tip. I would look at the damage line. The damage line is always a straight line. I suspect if a flag or resource generator was in front of the transport or factory, the Kessen shot target line would be easier for the attacker and it would cut through the transport or factory without any issue/deflection. That would confirm whether it's a deflection or target line issue. Bottom line it works for you, but for people trying to gain a better understanding of the Kessen shot, I would suggest testing it from both an attack and defensive standpoint.[/quote]

Right. I agree. Once Kessen became a regular, visiting my base practically daily and often several times a day crushing my sc most all the time, I put my atat, vader, and all my other heroes in timeout and started practicing with Kessen. I played him every attack. The 1st couple months on dev. bases practicing and learning his abilities, and then when I got comfortable, started using him on real player bases.
My postings are exactly just MY experiences and not in any way statistically speaking. He is a very hard troop/hero to "totally" and "fully" understand and learn ALL the different possibilities he has and does not have. After probably over 1000 times I have used him, to this day, he still throws me a curveball from time to time.

LORDPUMPSALOT
Commodore

Post#37 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:51 pm

Kesselrunner wrote:I use Kessen a lot and can confirm that if a flag or other building is in Line with Kessen mp shot and in front of factory or transport buildings it will go straight thru the factory or transport buildings.

I have no screenshot to show you this tho, but if I get the chanse I will provide you one.

So, don't put anything in front of your factory or transport buildings.
I do know that the trick to make Kessen miss works too. It takes practice to make mp shot work for you, but when you get it right... Damn he is good! :D

Nothing in the game more enjoyable to me than when I drop him and a lugga and pull the trigger...and my damage to base % goes up 14,15% and that sc just "magically" disappears..and mostly wishing I could hear my opponent cuss thinking that all us Imp's depend on that slow walking atat to get the 100%. Like Christmas everytime it works in my SWC world..lol

Oldrebel
Commodore

Post#38 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:03 pm

LORDPUMPSALOT wrote:
Same as I told lukeskywalker, I have no idea about how the stats on Pappa Jesse's works, but as long as I have had my transport and Factory in line with my SC and my deka's, Kessen shots to my SC are practically non-existent. There have been many try and there have been many that fail. Ranges and secondary shots all of those other statistics may be as they are but those two buildings have not only protected my base quite well but others whom I have attacked with kessen and a Deka or two who have a transport or a factory in the way have thwarted me as well.

I LOVE shooting through transports. Level 10 Kessen penetrates prestige transport to destroy prestige squad center, no lugg needed. If transports are keeping players from sniping your SC, it's because they either don't know the rules or need practice. Factories are tougher, but quite doable.
Many, many players are under the mistaken impression that transports block Kessen. That's good, because it leaves me many tasty, fast and easy shots. :lol:

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#39 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:05 pm

practice, now's a great time to work on the finesse of the SC kill.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#40 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:04 pm

If no Events/Conflicts appear tonight or tomorrow then the discussions about Kessen, MHCs, error codes and all the other miscellaneous post that are appearing will be moot.

Whether of not the game is continuing is the major issue.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Return to “General Discussions”