Kessen Questions

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
LeprechaunSean
Commodore

Kessen Questions

Post#1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:17 pm

1. Why does the kessen super shot randomly fail to blow up SC? not an aim or power problem.

2. Anyone know the name of the kessen Line group?

3. What is your favorite Rebel L10 kessen loadout?
*Formerly* L10/144k+ Medals SenateGuards Windows Platform (a. K. A. ALDERAN Platform )

L6/10 SenateGuards Android/Ios Sandbagger. The mouse is not your friend.

http://senateguards.freeforums.net/

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Re: Kessen questions

Post#2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:08 pm

1) The Kessen SC snipe is tricky (in spite of what many people say). The shot will veer off if it goes through any junk building (transports, barracks, Cantina, etc.). My little rhyme is "If it doesn't make loot or shoot, sniping through it is moot." The best strategy is to draw out the Oppressor, then line up the shot between Kessen, the Oppressor, and the SC. Don't forget to deal with the sentinel somewhere in there (preferably tripping it with Kessen's shot or another unit. Even then, he'll miss a lot. You almost certainly want to have at least one luggabeast on Kessen; that will help some.

2) I do not.

3) Most people pair sharpshooters with Kessen. I don't, because I'm no good with them, and they take too long to cook. Plus one dropship trap, and everybody suicides. I pair him with the traditional jugg-hail-heavy-med combo. I haven't gotten a three star in almost a year, but I get 50-60% reliably. Sometimes that's a single star that includes the contraband; sometimes it's a double star that includes the HQ. Almost everyone who uses Kessen is better than I am with him, though, so hear what they have to say.
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

DeathStriker

Re: Kessen Questions

Post#3 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:55 pm

LeprechaunSean wrote:1. Why does the kessen super shot randomly fail to blow up SC? not an aim or power problem.

The reasons for this are varied:

1. Difference between Kessen Damage VALUE + Buffs/Multipliers and the Enemy Faction SC Level / Hitpoints VALUE.
  2. Not hitting the 1 tile by 1 tile "target zone" which is common for all Game Elements (Units and Structures).
  3. Using Kessen while he is walking to next "target" (he tends to swing back and forth so getting shot aligned is difficult).
  4. Other reasons not listed...
LeprechaunSean wrote:2. Anyone know the name of the kessen Line group?

I also do not have that information.

LeprechaunSean wrote:3. What is your favorite Rebel L10 kessen loadout?

Most "Loadouts" are not named for a Hero Unit, but there are "exceptions".

I don't classify a "Loadout" as a "Kessen Loadout" since I view the Johhar Kessen Hero Unit as a "Support Unit" or "First Strike" Unit.

Usually, when I use the Johhar Kessen Hero Unit, he is combined with my main "Loadout / Attack Force" such as using a Jump Loadout, or Sniper / Vanguard Loadout, or Juggernaut / Luggabeast Loadout, or All Mercenary Loadout, etc.

As for my favorite, there are so many, but the one I have the most fun with is:

1. Johhar Kessen Hero Unit
  2. 8 or 9 Rebel Vanguards (deployed in a Spam Cluster)
  3. 3 or 4 Rebel Medic Units (for Kessen and Vanguards)
  4. SC / HWK-290 Support Units / Starship Strikes
Above Loadout is used on Bases with No DekA, No DekO, limited chance of Enemy SC Units and hopefully no active Traps. I use this when I just want to blow things up for fun! :D

Adding to this Thread...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

LeprechaunSean
Commodore

Post#4 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:53 pm

Thx guys, good info. I do wish he was more consistent. I know it's not an underpowered thing because I've blown up a ton of L10 Sc's with him. I have a L1 kessen that I pair with 2 L10 luggas, and a stockpile of disposable L10 kessens that I will pair with one lugga.... And sometimes the supershot will fail with either combo. I've got enough practice to know it's not my aim... It just seems completely random. Oh well. Still having fun.
*Formerly* L10/144k+ Medals SenateGuards Windows Platform (a. K. A. ALDERAN Platform )

L6/10 SenateGuards Android/Ios Sandbagger. The mouse is not your friend.

http://senateguards.freeforums.net/

ComanderWolfe1
Commodore

Post#5 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:38 am

I got hit by Kessen for the first time, I am rebel, lvl 10 kessen with 1 lugga and snipers, crabs, heavies
He lined up his shot perfectly but did not take out my sc, he dropped 2 shield busters and fired Kessen again and hit it but it did not go, I had no active dekas as they both were upgrading and got my hq just as my sc popped, 40% loss.

Both shots went right through SC but had other structures in the way..
Leader of Browncoatswash ...............Firefly fans
Level 11 Rebel 155K Medals,, Commanderwolfe in game.
Long gone Squad The-Wolfe-Pack
Room for more, PM to join

mochand
Squadron Leader

Post#6 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:55 am

I use Kessen with 9 sharps, 8 droids and couple of lesser guys, and it's fantastic, unless the SC is filled with...wait, maybe I shouldn't say. But you could probably guess. :)

MasterSith
Commander

Post#7 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:02 am

The graphic of Kessen's magnetic pulse shot can in no way be used to determine if his 'aim' is off. The graphic is dependent on his skin orientation. The actual shot is internally calculated.
Master Sith Level 10 Imperial AssassinY.pestis 142,000+ medals.
Khal Drogo Level 10 Rebel bringing you all under my khalasar iirebelsii, 52000+ medals.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#8 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:01 am

MasterSith wrote:The graphic of Kessen's magnetic pulse shot can in no way be used to determine if his 'aim' is off. The graphic is dependent on his skin orientation. The actual shot is internally calculated.

This. So this. Follow the damage trail (the little white mist-bubble graphic that appears, and then, obviously, the destroyed walls and smaller structures, to see where the shot actually went).
[glow=yellow[/glow]

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:41 am

mochand wrote:I use Kessen with 9 sharps, 8 droids and couple of lesser guys, and it's fantastic, unless the SC is filled with...wait, maybe I shouldn't say. But you could probably guess. :)

what's the matter what you have in your SC if it gets blown up anyway lol?
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#10 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:15 am

Sigma582 wrote:
mochand wrote:I use Kessen with 9 sharps, 8 droids and couple of lesser guys, and it's fantastic, unless the SC is filled with...wait, maybe I shouldn't say. But you could probably guess. :)

what's the matter what you have in your SC if it gets blown up anyway lol?

Some people don't bother using the supershot on the SC. They purposely bait and kill the dekas, then wait for the SC to trip, then fire the supershot. I don't care for this strategy, as you have to wait for Kessen to retarget before he takes out everything, but it is a viable strategy.
[glow=yellow[/glow]

Return to “General Discussions”