Star Wars Commander Wiki - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Star Wars Commander Wiki - Discussion Thread

Post#1 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:57 am

I am starting this Thread to promote a GREAT STAR WARS COMMANDER INFO SITE that is being developed by Forum Member RebelYell along with "others" and is getting better all the time.

The Star Wars Commander WiKi found here has "automated" the process and is pulling Unit / Structure Stat Data directly from the games Data File.

Most recent change, as of this posting, is in the area of Squad Advancement Perks found here.

⇨ PLEASE NOTE... This Wiki is a "work in progress" and so has not yet been fully completed in some areas but is getting better every day.

Post your comments below...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Re: Star Wars Commander Wiki - Discussion Thread

Post#2 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:03 am

@RebelYell

That is very helpful, my friend. I was thinking only the other day how useful this could be.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:38 am

EVERYONE;

The Star Wars Commander WiKi found here has improved greatly since I started this Thread.

There has been lots of comments about the SWC Wiki in a Related Thread found here.

Perhaps it is time to move the discussion to this Thread.

Post any comments, suggestions, corrections, or things you would like to see here.

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:52 am

Hi all,
here's some basic info about the Star Wars Commander Wiki:

This wiki was created by some players who found together in a LINE group (SWC Stats) to collect game statistics.

A Wiki lives also from users contributing. The registration of this Wiki is not freely accessible. But the reason for this is just to reduce work load for the wiki admins and users by avoiding spam/misuse. The Wiki is not meant to be restrictive.

If you want to participate, then speak up here or contact me on LINE (id: lleyleber). I'll let know the Wiki admins. Please be patient. :)

Here are some interesting pages of the wiki:
You'll find links to wiki editing help on the Wiki's main page. Be sure to check the Guidelines first.
Recent Changes shows the last edits. Not always new data. Sometimes just small adjustments.
Gallery of new files shows recent image uploads.

The Bot:
I recently wrote a script (to be exact those are 3 scripts) which automatically creates/updates some statistics on the wiki pages. These are scripts written in PHP which fetch the unit statistics from the SWC server and update some wiki pages accordingly. The bot works automatically but has to be started manually (for now).

This means that this game data should be up to date and accurate.... but there's still room for error. The data might not be displayed correctly in the Wiki, or misinterpreted. This is because we don't know 100% how the game actually calculates things like "damage" out of the game data.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

DeathStriker

Post#5 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:59 am

RebelYell;

Thanks for Posting! :D

Add my User Name - DeathStriker (or if possible Death Striker with a SPACE) - to the list of potential Contributors.

As you already know, I PM'ed you also.

ALSO... I create a duplicate SWC Wiki Thread on the Official Forum here.

Moving forward we can use this Thread for SWC Wiki "Announcements" and "Feedback"

OBSERVATION: Droideka Sentinel (DekA) and Droideka Oppressor (DekO).

1. I noted that the Platform information has been added but NOT the Unit Information.
  2. Both the DekA and DekO are both a Structure and a Unit so as such both the Structure Stats and Unit Stats need to be added to the Wiki.
  3. Currently the Game only shows the Unit Stats when you click on Info within the Game.
  4. Currently when you Upgrade the DekA and DekO you see only the Unit Stats within the Game.
RECOMMENDED CHANGE: Event Units

Currently there is a Interesting pages and categories page titled "Event Units" found here.

Recommend this Page be Changed to Read "Special Units" or "Unique Units" so as to avoid confusion with Event Only Up-Gradable Units (aka "Event Units" and "Unlock-able Units").

Continuing the Conversation...

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:59 am

ANNOUNCEMENT - Wiki Main Page Updated

The SWC Wiki Main Page has been updated with News.

MEET THE WIKI ADMINISTRATOR

The SWC Wiki Administrator Awesome (aka "TeamAwesome") has posted about themselves, as well as posted their Sandbox (Wiki ToDo List) along with a way for Contributors to post Feature Requests.

Keeping Everyone Informed...

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#7 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:56 pm

ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

zax0rz

Post#8 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:12 am

Code: Select all

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

I can't access the Wiki! :cry:

CoRrRan
Squadron Leader

Post#9 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:15 pm

Yeah, too much traffic hitting the hosted server
~~== Alta alatis patent ==~~
discordapp.com: CoRrRan#8357
Vader's501's - SquadsOfDeath ID: 0cec6842-c413-11e4-a12e-0605ca004ecd

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#10 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:49 pm

Fixed...

Return to “General Discussions”