Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Which side is better: Rebel or Empire?

Rebel
33%
Empire
67%
Total votes: 3415

thewrener
Commander

Re: Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

Post#31 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:41 pm

I pick the empire because i refuse to play as scum. Also, I enjoy using different combinations of troops as opposed to the only combination the rebels use.

I bet the only troops in the rebel barracks are
1. Heavy
2. Medic.
3. Wookie
4. Chewie

which is why thats the only attack you see
(I'm joking plz dont hammer me)(also, i am being quite honest here. I have not seen anyone use a combo that doesnt involve heavy or medics)
Captain, we have an incoming volley of salty hate missiles, our shields are down. What shall we do?

We are out of options. BRACE FOR IMPACT!

Bolak
Officer

Post#32 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:31 pm

thewrener wrote:I pick the empire because i refuse to play as scum. Also, I enjoy using different combinations of troops as opposed to the only combination the rebels use.

I bet the only troops in the rebel barracks are
1. Heavy
2. Medic.
3. Wookie
4. Chewie

which is why thats the only attack you see
(I'm joking plz dont hammer me)(also, i am being quite honest here. I have not seen anyone use a combo that doesnt involve heavy or medics)

If you are more advanced you will see jet packs and Luke sky walkers doing damage
A proud member of Todds NYC squad

QuanDanner
Captain

Post#33 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:31 pm

playing as a rebel gives you the advantage that you have more battles to choose from. I have played as both the Empire and Rebellion on the android iOS. When i played as an Empire player, more often then not, I would initiate a battle to get medals and after a while I would get a message that there was no opponent found. This never happens as a rebel player. In fact you can choose the next battle until you find a base you like to attack as a rebel.
Requested My Account Banned - Disney Complied- No Longer Playing - Goodbye

syncpan77
Major General

Post#34 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:34 pm

I only ever played as a Rebel on a friend's account way back when the game was first released. Shortly after I started my own account and decided to join the Empire, always been a fan of the Galactic Empire ever since seeing the movies. Why is it better? The characters and base designs are much more appealing than the gawd awful colors the Rebellion was given.
MEMBER of "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-FULL-RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 squad on GSOW in UCL

Hoops8
Commodore

Post#35 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:16 pm

I quit playing as an Imp at lvl 7. Actually almost quit the game but started playing as a rebel, and relish being the underdog. Being the outnumbered faction on every planet (other than erkit) stinks and I got hit by tens starting at lvl 6 rather than lvl 7. Other than that I think the game is fairly equal. Upgrading to nine now.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

Rogue12
Commodore

Re: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

Post#36 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:53 am

DreamTaker wrote:
raptor wrote:I've seen some discussion around which side is better, but I thought I throw out a poll see what everyone thinks. Let me know.

This poll appears to be bias driven. It is generally known that the vast majority of players fight for the side of the empire. Few players on either side would openly say the other side is "better."

That said, the outcome of this poll appears to be a foregone conclusion. in other words, the results may end up based on subjective input, most players saying, "my side is 'better'."

A more objective poll may be based on the results of pitting equally skilled opponents against each other, both having similar resources, units, and levels. I believe, in the final analysis, skill may be the deciding factor, everything else being equal, that may determine which is "better." Just saying ...

Ive played both sides but despite all the belly aching among empire forces on the blogs i think it is much easier to play for the empire. You also dont constantly worry about your base being attacked and loosing resources. Much more challenging to play for the reb. Due to a device failure i lost my imperial base so im only rebel at this point.

TheOriginalToots
Commander

Post#37 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:30 am

ton80 wrote:
flydecoder wrote:I am a level 8 Empire player. I am on one of the top 50 teams and without a doubt, the rebels are better.

Since mid March, the las two updates have killed the empire. The best weapon, the ATAT doesn't shoot at anything except the shield base
A rebel sniper can wipe out my entire team with ease
The magical mystical healing druids coupled with heavy troops lay empire bases to waste.

I have gone from loving this game to hating it in just over a month

The programmers need a punch in the face

I agree 100%...they screwed it up, i have a level 8 and 7 base and easily destroyed by a few heavies and 10 driods...

Level 8 is what's known as a difficult age
Leader of Empire_FightClub come and join us.

DerpyDerp
Squadron Leader

Post#38 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:49 am

Better in different ways.

• If you play this game hoping for a "safe place" where you can hide out for hours or days on end where you can sit on your loot without being attacked, then you're playing the wrong game. I'm an HQ10 Imp and I get hit by leaderboard squads pretty much soon as I go off protection no matter what planet I'm on. An hour without getting attacked is an absolute luxury.
  • If you want to migrate toward "set and forget" attack strategies, play for the rebs. I know because I played up through Rebel L7. I could roll L8 Imp bases with meds and snipes/heavies with such regularity that I got so bored that I eventually abandoned the rebel path. Based on the kind of attacks that I and my squamates are seeing as a rule, this extends right up into L10.
  • If you are comfortable with having to think about your approach with the real risk of serious faceplant, using a more balanced troop palette to choose from, then play Imp.
  • If you want to reap the benefit of in-game structural advantages, play reb.
  • If you don't mind being the underdog in PvP action as well as the black sheep with respect to game resources and developer attention, then play Imp.
  • If you want to feel like you're the underdog, play reb.

dogegriff
Major General

Post#39 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:46 pm

The facts are that there wouldn't be ANY Rebels in the top-50 if they didn't have the Medic Droid. The only reason they have it is because w/o the advantage it would be 80/20 Empire players.
Imperial squad WAR247 that is (103/2) with four draws in squad wars. Ranked 590th server-wide on SOD. We are a level 44 squad.

dogegriff
Major General

Re: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

Post#40 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:54 pm

Rogue12 wrote:
DreamTaker wrote:
raptor wrote:I've seen some discussion around which side is better, but I thought I throw out a poll see what everyone thinks. Let me know.

This poll appears to be bias driven. It is generally known that the vast majority of players fight for the side of the empire. Few players on either side would openly say the other side is "better."

That said, the outcome of this poll appears to be a foregone conclusion. in other words, the results may end up based on subjective input, most players saying, "my side is 'better'."

A more objective poll may be based on the results of pitting equally skilled opponents against each other, both having similar resources, units, and levels. I believe, in the final analysis, skill may be the deciding factor, everything else being equal, that may determine which is "better." Just saying ...

Ive played both sides but despite all the belly aching among empire forces on the blogs i think it is much easier to play for the empire. You also dont constantly worry about your base being attacked and loosing resources. Much more challenging to play for the reb. Due to a device failure i lost my imperial base so im only rebel at this point.

lol anyone losing their base due to a device failure needs help feeding themselves. There is no comparison. The hATAT has a slight advantage over the jugger, but that's not even a hero. There is no counter to the Reb Medic Droid. It is a massive edge to the Rebs and there SOLELY to even sides as the majority of new players would choose Imperial.
Imperial squad WAR247 that is (103/2) with four draws in squad wars. Ranked 590th server-wide on SOD. We are a level 44 squad.

Return to “General Discussions”