Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Which side is better: Rebel or Empire?

Rebel
34%
Empire
66%
Total votes: 2331

Oceanos

Re: Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

Post#141 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:19 am

ithink empire is better because they look much cooler and some troops that are matched in the rebel side are better(vador over luke,jumps over jetpack troopers,ETC..)but in thelast months, i kind of start hating the game. it seems that i can only be ultra chrome league to upgrade my tie advanced, wich is a disavantage in squad wars. and i sought to have the medic droid in the 40th anniversary event, but was impossible for me because of school.now, i can almost do nothing to upgrade event troops, because i am unable. and they should really lower the time training of the starships,cause unlike the factories and the baracks,you only got 1 starship command. the only thing they did thst was good in the last year was addind the squad wars

Fatboy
Captain

Post#142 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:06 am

I'm a rebel and voted for empire as currently in my opinion the empire is so much stronger. I've gone from winning most of my attacks to winning hardly any. I was stuck on dandoran as I couldn't win any attacks so couldn't get off as I didn't have enough crystals. Also got wiped out when attacked losing every defence.
Officer in DoNatingBasterdz

Moadib
Commodore

Post#143 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:16 am

voted for empire and am ok with it it is how it 's depicted in movies also ,only thing that sometimes annoys me is whining from imps they need meds need range 11 need anti-vehicle bs-crap etc ... always in need , besides that am ok with game,dislike getting same units with exact same profile like drabo-security-kubaz-ithorian etc....

drabo should have his own thinf as saboteur and security droid definetly other purpose that fits imperial as i cant imagine imperial saboteur as they dont need such unit and are always proclaimed as huge and letahal force that cant find rebel base to do the frickin sabotage while imperial outpost and planets they occupie are known in movies ,books etc..

so diversity in units would be welcomed in devs next move and make sabo special and security droid something else with different stats and purpose , since rebs will never get 0 uc shield killer with range then ithorian needs to be our units as shield killer from fork range as the rest of our troops while kubaz should get different purpose all together but i know am pissing into the wind.

rebellion is built on hope some say so ....some day maybe....
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

Boog
Major General

Post#144 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:36 am

Moadib wrote:voted for empire and am ok with it it is how it 's depicted in movies also ,only thing that sometimes annoys me is whining from imps they need meds need range 11 need anti-vehicle bs-crap etc ... always in need , besides that am ok with game,dislike getting same units with exact same profile like drabo-security-kubaz-ithorian etc....

The drabotan saboteur and security droid aren't the same. I'd take the saboteur in heartbeat over the security droid. Yeah, we get to heal the stupid thing, but there is no healing a vehicle with a range of 7 and 20 K hitpoints when it gets near a rocket turret. The saboteur is far better. It has equal hitpoints against rapidfire, burst, mortars and sonic turrets, and 6X the hitpoints against rocket turrets. I'm not whining, just stating the facts.

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#145 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:37 am

Simple answer: vehicles suck and can barely destroy walls and turrets outside of Hoth, so the range and OP imp mech arguments are meaningless. What really matters is having good infantry and hero healing. When the empire first got to unlock IA, it had healing power comparable to a rebel med droid and was awesome when combined with not only heavies, but storms as well. It was so good that as a lvl 10 empire player, I could easily destroy most maxed 10 rebel bases without using a single vehicle or e at-at. Vader + storms was rediculously powerful because the healing was awesome. Some rebels STILL use a similar build which is incredibly difficult to defend against, but most use a mix of infantry and tx's/hails simply because the cook time is lower. After IA's were "adjusted" many of our imp med droids have half or less of the healing power of rebel medic droids and as a result, imperial infantry builds are less effective and we're back to spamming t5's on tx's and getting 1-2 star wins. At higher levels, rebels absolutely have the advantage with better infantry healing and less reliance on vehicles tanking when healed heavies do it better. Better synergy = better faction.

FkOff
Commodore

Post#146 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:51 am

Plagueis wrote:Simple answer: vehicles suck and can barely destroy walls and turrets outside of Hoth, so the range and OP imp mech arguments are meaningless. What really matters is having good infantry and hero healing. When the empire first got to unlock IA, it had healing power comparable to a rebel med droid and was awesome when combined with not only heavies, but storms as well. It was so good that as a lvl 10 empire player, I could easily destroy most maxed 10 rebel bases without using a single vehicle or e at-at. Vader + storms was rediculously powerful because the healing was awesome. Some rebels STILL use a similar build which is incredibly difficult to defend against, but most use a mix of infantry and tx's/hails simply because the cook time is lower. After IA's were "adjusted" many of our imp med droids have half or less of the healing power of rebel medic droids and as a result, imperial infantry builds are less effective and we're back to spamming t5's on tx's and getting 1-2 star wins. At higher levels, rebels absolutely have the advantage with better infantry healing and less reliance on vehicles tanking when healed heavies do it better. Better synergy = better faction.

Pretty much nothing you say is corroborated by players at your level in either faction, most notably dual faction players who have the most objective perspective.

But if it makes you feel better to constantly spam your nonsense please continue.
Squad: TeamGibson
In-game Commander Name: FuzzyBunnies (previously FkOff but Disney had a change of heart on that one)

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#147 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:30 pm

FkOff wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Simple answer: vehicles suck and can barely destroy walls and turrets outside of Hoth, so the range and OP imp mech arguments are meaningless. What really matters is having good infantry and hero healing. When the empire first got to unlock IA, it had healing power comparable to a rebel med droid and was awesome when combined with not only heavies, but storms as well. It was so good that as a lvl 10 empire player, I could easily destroy most maxed 10 rebel bases without using a single vehicle or e at-at. Vader + storms was rediculously powerful because the healing was awesome. Some rebels STILL use a similar build which is incredibly difficult to defend against, but most use a mix of infantry and tx's/hails simply because the cook time is lower. After IA's were "adjusted" many of our imp med droids have half or less of the healing power of rebel medic droids and as a result, imperial infantry builds are less effective and we're back to spamming t5's on tx's and getting 1-2 star wins. At higher levels, rebels absolutely have the advantage with better infantry healing and less reliance on vehicles tanking when healed heavies do it better. Better synergy = better faction.

Pretty much nothing you say is corroborated by players at your level in either faction, most notably dual faction players who have the most objective perspective.

But if it makes you feel better to constantly spam your nonsense please continue.

As if you represent the opinions of SWC ccommunity any more than I do. At least I bring examples that can easily be corroborated by watching the average lvl 10 offense or defense replay of either faction. When you say things like "But if it makes you feel better to CONSTANTLY spam your nonsense please continue" and bring no counter argument, then who is really spamming nonsense? Please show examples of how I'm wrong then.

Aligaitor
Captain

Post#148 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Since childhood and watching the films, recreating them with all those Christmas and birthday presents its the Empire all the way for me. By far the coolest vehicles. Rebel b-wings, really? Atat, walkers, speeders wow kids today don't know what there missing ... but I did still ask and get the Rebel base on Hoth even though it was On the wrong side?! Think you may guess by those toys I've listed I think The Empire Strikes Back is the best film of them all. This games pretty much the same, just glad like in those days gone by others choose the Rebels so enabling those battles. If however, this was real life I would choose the Rebels, and nothing to do with Brits and underdogs!

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#149 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:50 pm

The empire definitely has the the cooler vehicles. It's a shame there isn't enough distinction being made between the factions and incentives to entice the empire away from healed infantry and start using more than just mhcs and tx's. I would kill to use at-sts again.

Kenison
Cadet Trooper

Post#150 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:44 am

Good to see the Empire winning!

Return to “General Discussions”