Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Which side is better: Rebel or Empire?

Rebel
34%
Empire
66%
Total votes: 2331

DarthSolaris
Commander

Re: Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

Post#131 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:26 pm

After playing both rebel and empire I have learned one irrefutable fact.... Empire units are far more effective and stronger then rebel units.

Point and Case.

When my rebel base was level 4 I sent 4 reb troopers to attack an empire base and got 78%.
When my imperial base was level 4 I sent 3 storm troopers to attack a rebel base and I got 100%

In fact, at level 6 I have yet to attack a rebel base and NOT get 100%..... so you decide....

mkenobi
Major General

Post#132 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:22 pm

I play with both on Windows. I like both. But I agree, things are harder for imperials now, any rebel player with a dozen of gigoran or heavies buffed and a few medics can destroy an entire imperial level 9/10 base in less than 1 minute, and so what? I left my level 10 empire base inactive and I'm playing with my Rebel baby base level 6 now and kicking imperials all the time because I have all equipments from armory unlocked and upgraded. When the Devs fix the mess and bring balance to the game again, I'll back to play with Empire. If they don't, I just keep playing with Rebels.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

carbon

Post#133 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:38 pm

I am a level 8 empire base the new rebel units along with the med droid wipe out my base no matter what my setup is my attack and defense history shows how completely unbalanced it has become with 20 to 30% attacks and 80 to 100% defensive loss my medals have been falling since the later of the updates as well as my entire squad many of them have decided to move on to other games out of frustration I myself have given up on competition's as a successful victory is like finding a unicorn it seems like the development team wants empire players to join the rebels or stop playing completely as they have yet to provide a fair and balanced game for both sides

Personally I find that the defences of a base should be much harder to destroy and healing droids should have been removed or altered to a way that would balance both sides at the current disadvantage I don't see myself making it to level 9 between build times and the complete mockery the the update has given to the empire players

TehEmpire
Cadet Trooper

Post#134 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:04 pm

I Like the Empire so I went with that

Plagueis

Post#135 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:48 pm

I wonder how many people actually factored HQ level into this poll. I can see people saying the empire is stronger all the way up to HQ 8 because honestly, it was easy for me to win offensively and defensively at that point. Once I hit HQ 9, the game seemed to become exponentially more difficult and at HQ 10, brutally difficult with most wins in the 1-2 star range and a defensive victory ratio of 1:4. I started a second empire account and now have it leveled to HQ 9 with the same setup as my HQ 10 base. I can 2 star most bases and occasional can get a 3 star win. My succesful defense ratio is 3:5. Honestly, the game is still difficult, but feels better balanced with the HQ 9. I'm a very experienced player and target well-defended HQ 10 bases (1m alloy+) and tend to win, albeit barely using maximum trickery and lots of starships. Rebels on the other hand seem to be able to "bash" their way through most turret combos simply due to their medic doids allowing their infantry to shrug off most turret fire, far more effectively than IA droid + heavy combos. At HQ 10, many empire players, including myself have gone to an infantry-based attack out of necessity as it's virtually impossible to win against the average HQ 10 rebel base with umhcs, tx-225s and e at-at. Besides the slow speed, most turret absolutely maul vehicles, even with repair droids attached. I was more likely to win using extra heavies and regs with the UC cost even before IA was unlockable. In a nutshell, even imperial vehicles suck and having a faction that's supposed to be based around them and not have the ability to effectively heal them as rebels can heal their bread and butter units is downright frustrating. The low surviveabilty makes any range advantage worthless as most turrets will not kill even our longest range vehicles before they reach the second or third turret. They worked great at HQ 8, but sure as hell not at 10. IMO, I feel like the rebels get an edge over the empire at HQ 10.

Plagueis

Post#136 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:58 pm

*will kill even our longest ranged vehicles

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#137 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:32 pm

Oh, good, the balance rants have spilled over to this thread. I don't think this poll has anything to do with "stronger."

I voted rebels because GOOOOOO REBELS!
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

yoktukie

Post#138 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Without a doubt REBEL, since 2 or 3 r2 healing droids can keep an infinite amount of infantry alive! I have seen groups of infantry walk over 4 traps in same area, hit at same time and still No dead units. Those r2's ruin the game with their 5000 healing per second.
Every time I am attacked it is 2-6 r2 droids and 20 Heavy infantry, and not even ONE dies!

Tedfordj3
Squadron Leader

Post#139 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:10 pm

I'm enough of a nerd that I play both sides. I find those moments where you have to practice self control from breaking your device to be about equal on either side. My rebels complain that the imps have it good and my imps complain about the rebels have it good. I wish the poll had a 'same' because I personally find it pretty balanced.

BiteMyShinyMetalArse
Storm Trooper

Post#140 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:06 pm

Rebel: quicker War match-ups

Return to “General Discussions”