Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Which side is better: Rebel or Empire?

Rebel
34%
Empire
66%
Total votes: 2331

Shelendil
Admiral

Re: Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

Post#121 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:02 am

I've been digging into the stats for infantry and mech for both sides, and unfortunately, I think the update will make the divide worse. Empire infantry is not weaker in stats, only in the fact they have no healing. Rebel mech is weaker in base stats, and healing won't make up for that.

They originally had to balance the game this way because mech has higher health and tends to live longer. Adding healers to both sides without addressing the base stats will be a mistake.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Pirate
Major General

Post#122 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:38 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Though I would have tried to make Pirate's point more graciously (a drop of honey versus a gallon of gall and all that)...

I agree but sometimes fire with fire is needed.

Shelendil wrote:I've been digging into the stats for infantry and mech for both sides, and unfortunately, I think the update will make the divide worse.

I think you are dead on that Empire would benefit more from meds than Rebel would benefit from repairs. If this is the way it is going, it will be very difficult to implement fairly. If so, I hope that they can address other stats to balance it out. The game is more fun when there is a level playing field.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#123 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:05 am

it's so much fun to see rebels whining, please carry on

PS: meddroids are OP! juggs are so fast and only 20 UC!
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

raveRabbit
Storm Trooper

Post#124 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:45 am

Sigma582 wrote: it's so much fun to see rebels whining, please carry on

My thoughts precisely. I do believe it's just their mindset :cry:

Midge
Admiral

Post#125 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:59 am

Shelendil wrote:I've been digging into the stats for infantry and mech for both sides, and unfortunately, I think the update will make the divide worse. Empire infantry is not weaker in stats, only in the fact they have no healing. Rebel mech is weaker in base stats, and healing won't make up for that.

They originally had to balance the game this way because mech has higher health and tends to live longer. Adding healers to both sides without addressing the base stats will be a mistake.

If they get to put meds on Vader ... just ridiculous.

I like the Rebel side better because I think that there are alot more annoying fanboys who think they are cool on the Imp side :D .

I do think, in the current state of the game, that Imperials have it much better. But, in general I have felt that the game seems to be mostly trying to stay balanced. I expect even more tweaks with the next rollout.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

raveRabbit
Storm Trooper

Post#126 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Midge wrote: annoying fanboys who think they are cool on the Imp side :D .

that might very well be the case :oops:

though, don't you find attempts at personal statistics kinda sorta funny? ...not looking at you 8-)

PS
I would be posting Depeche Mode, Personal Jesus but the forum doesn't seem to be happy with Tor and I struggle with creativity lately :cry:

Rerecros
Commander

Post#127 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:34 am

Sigma582 wrote:it's so much fun to see rebels whining, please carry on

PS: meddroids are OP! juggs are so fast and only 20 UC!

Rebel vehicles can't survive RF turrets, meaning there is not and never will be a reason for Imps to use any turrets but RF and Mortars. If Imps get Healers, they can use half loadouts, because Rebels will have to either defend against Vehicles, or infantry. There's just not enough defense in the game to defend against both. So when you get your little red trash can, you either build your invasion force the way you have, or you build it with infantry swarm in mind. Then you press next battle no more than 2x for a mindless hundy. Rebels simply don't have the variety of usable units to give Imperial base designers anything to think about.

ElPresidente
Commander

Post#128 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:41 pm

I've been playing since the launch and while it has been frustrating at times being a Rebel player it does feel like the reality of the SW universe. I love the challenge and have patiently built my way to
lvl 10 with only spending about $ 40 over the past 2 years. It's been fun so far and I am enjoying the diversity of new units and potential new tactics as the devs struggle to bring us new interesting content and keep it all balanced. Bottom line is that balance is an ebb and flow. The sad imbalance is the number of players choosing Empire over Rebels which makes it more difficult for the developers to keep everyone happy.
Leader of Northguard - Founded on 5 August 2015. Playing SWC since Day 1
3 wars per week - Squad perk max level 50 - 191 war wins so far and counting :lol:
Message me to join. Relaxed and fun Canadian Squad welcoming English speaking players across the globe.

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#129 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:46 am

Rerecros wrote:you press next battle no more than 2x for a mindless hundy

come to imperial side and try it yourself
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

jarede42

Post#130 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Nice to see that others are having the same problems with mass rebel infantry attacks.

We had a fighting chance before this latest update, but with nerfed turrets AGAIN- how are we going to defend our loot from bonsai charges of infantry and 2-4 astromechs? Even with snipers in my SC, it is hard. And even when I do defend, I get smacked even harder 2 minutes later before I even have a chance to START rebuilding my droidekas and lose a ton of goods.

Return to “General Discussions”