Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Which side is better: Rebel or Empire?

Rebel
34%
Empire
66%
Total votes: 2320

raptor
Major General

Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

Post#1 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:00 pm

I've seen some discussion around which side is better, but I thought I throw out a poll see what everyone thinks. Let me know.

DreamTaker
Cadet Trooper

Re: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

Post#2 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:42 am

raptor wrote:I've seen some discussion around which side is better, but I thought I throw out a poll see what everyone thinks. Let me know.

This poll appears to be bias driven. It is generally known that the vast majority of players fight for the side of the empire. Few players on either side would openly say the other side is "better."

That said, the outcome of this poll appears to be a foregone conclusion. in other words, the results may end up based on subjective input, most players saying, "my side is 'better'."

A more objective poll may be based on the results of pitting equally skilled opponents against each other, both having similar resources, units, and levels. I believe, in the final analysis, skill may be the deciding factor, everything else being equal, that may determine which is "better." Just saying ...

raptor
Major General

Re: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

Post#3 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:04 pm

DreamTaker, good points. I a breakdown of Empire players vs Rebel players and there are in deed more on the empire side. That said, there are many players who play both sides on separate devices. I will add a poll to see how many people do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

raptor
Major General

Re: Poll: Which side is better: Rebels or Empire?

Post#4 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:57 am

Here's are some interesting facts about player preferences in Star Wars Commander. I believe these metrics were taken in October so I expect the total number of players to be much higher and other metrics scaled up also.

Nonetheless, the proportions are likely still representative. The percent of people who prefer the Empire side to the Rebel side is inline with the polling results on this site. It's interesting to see that the south american countries lean most towards the Rebel side while Eastern European nations lean most towards the empire side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mickeys4life
Storm Trooper

Post#5 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:48 pm

To be honest I fight on side of empire for one reason. They always looked cooler to me lol.

HuChi
Officer

Post#6 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:17 am

this kind of surprises me. A few month back, Star Wars Force Collection issued a similar infographic, that had roughly 60+% of the players as Light Side.

I, myself, tend to play Darkside or Empire, because I think they both look cooler and have more interesting backstories.

Matt

Re: Poll: Which side istter: Rebels or Empire?

Post#7 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:45 am

I play Empire simply because of Vader. Having said that, the Rebels seems to have an advantage. The R2D2 seems to be healing from a slightly further distance from the troops. It makes hitting them extremely difficult and gives them a constant healing capability. Many times my defenses can't seem to take them down bcoz of several R2D2 healing them. Mortars only reaches them if they happen to move into the lob area.

As for Empire healing droids, they fall easily because they are close to the machines.

flydecoder
Squadron Leader

Post#8 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:36 am

I am a level 8 Empire player. I am on one of the top 50 teams and without a doubt, the rebels are better.

Since mid March, the las two updates have killed the empire. The best weapon, the ATAT doesn't shoot at anything except the shield base
A rebel sniper can wipe out my entire team with ease
The magical mystical healing druids coupled with heavy troops lay empire bases to waste.

I have gone from loving this game to hating it in just over a month

The programmers need a punch in the face

boonip
Lieutenant

Post#9 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:14 pm

mickeys4life wrote:To be honest I fight on side of empire for one reason. They always looked cooler to me lol.

At least your truthful about it! lol :D

ton80
Storm Trooper

Post#10 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:33 pm

flydecoder wrote:I am a level 8 Empire player. I am on one of the top 50 teams and without a doubt, the rebels are better.

Since mid March, the las two updates have killed the empire. The best weapon, the ATAT doesn't shoot at anything except the shield base
A rebel sniper can wipe out my entire team with ease
The magical mystical healing druids coupled with heavy troops lay empire bases to waste.

I have gone from loving this game to hating it in just over a month

The programmers need a punch in the face

I agree 100%...they screwed it up, i have a level 8 and 7 base and easily destroyed by a few heavies and 10 driods...

Return to “General Discussions”