Question of The Day

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Sixace
Captain

Re: Question of The Day

Post#21 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:06 pm

Warren wrote:
The start time is kind of an advantage for Rebels, but you need to remember, we don't control who we are matched with. .. (snip)

LOL. Kind of an advantage? It's a huge advantage. You need to remember, the Empire don't control who we are matched with either..

Our squad is global as well. I assure you. If we could select which day and time we want to war we would have a much higher win percentage.

On Kessen. Wuss move. The end.
Empire Player Lvl10

“He who only sees the obvious, wins his battles with difficulty; he who looks below the surface of things, wins with ease”
― Sun Tzu

LeprechaunSean
Commodore

Post#22 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:17 pm

How do rebels control timing ?
*Formerly* L10/144k+ Medals SenateGuards Windows Platform (a. K. A. ALDERAN Platform )

L6/10 SenateGuards Android/Ios Sandbagger. The mouse is not your friend.

http://senateguards.freeforums.net/

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#23 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:54 pm

There is enough of a shortage of rebels that they get matched almost immediately. So, they control the start time by volunteering for war.

In general, imperials have to wait in the queue.

Bad news if you are based in other time zones and someone times it for 3am your local time.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~43k Deka/o: 28/20 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

LeprechaunSean
Commodore

Post#24 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:17 am

We have never been matched immediately, typically it ranges from four to twelve hours.... Done about twenty wars now... We are also a global squad so i don't see any advantage at all...
*Formerly* L10/144k+ Medals SenateGuards Windows Platform (a. K. A. ALDERAN Platform )

L6/10 SenateGuards Android/Ios Sandbagger. The mouse is not your friend.

http://senateguards.freeforums.net/

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#25 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:17 pm

New question: Do you have a plan for which order you do upgrades, or do you just go for the closest one to your haul when you've had enough for the day?
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~43k Deka/o: 28/20 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

syncpan77
Major General

Post#26 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:27 pm

DesertPyramid wrote:New question: Do you have a plan for which order you do upgrades, or do you just go for the closest one to your haul when you've had enough for the day?

I prioritize attack units first and then buildings like Transports, factories or barracks in the days when leveling them up unlocked new units. Since level 8 tho I have been prioritizing defense (turrets, walls, shields, SC) in order to fend of higher level attackers. I'm nearing a max lv10 on my base but still have attacking units at lvs 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Veteran squad in the process of rebuilding. Join us today, apply within game or contact me.

OFFICER in "Darkdonations"
Veteran squad-NO OP Wars on weekends

CORE
Captain

Post#27 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:52 am

Normally I go Squad Center, Turrets, Transports, Shields, first, and traps and collectors last. But not always. Sometimes it comes down to what I have though.
At BrowncoatsWash, we aim to misbehave. Rebels who want to stay on top of their game are welcome to join.
Join for the fun, stay for the friendship. Promo Video Here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1zFmHgiPRs

Piper139
Major General

Post#28 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:36 am

When I hit a new level research center and squad center first. New turrets / shield up to level with my current ones. Credits to primary attack units and transports. Alloy to turrets. At 9 and 10, have to upgrade at least some vaults to be able to do anything.
Retired

timjohnshort
Captain

Post#29 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:27 am

I am still excited! But that's mainly because I really want to hit hq 9, and possibly 10. hq 9 bc its when you can get the deko, 10 just bc its the end of the line.

We'll see if that ever happens.
Rebel HQ 8 - 5k+ Medals - FarmerWhoopin
proud member of SkywalkersPride

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#30 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:50 am

Largely what Piper said. Squad center first, research center second. Then I go for offensive units. I sandbagged after level 8 and don't regret it, since the game is catered to favor sandbaggers. Transports, barracks, factories, hero and starship command (so when I earn single-use units they are higher level). After that, defense (because you're going to lose defense anyway, and who wants to win, since your "reward" is losing half or more of your loot): shields, turrets, traps. Collectors are last. After all, they don't even get new skins after level 8, so why bother?
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~148,000 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

Return to “General Discussions”