Question of The Day

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Shelendil
Admiral

Re: Question of The Day

Post#191 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:26 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:sgu97cab - Back before the Guard Reserve the Empire Imperial Dropship Transport (IDT) and the Rebel Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT) could be used to "trip" a buried SC, but since the introduction of the Guard Reserve even that "capability", which still exists, is no longer effective (if it ever was).

OK, thanks DS. I guess I wont be worry about researching them up then, and only use them if I need to achieve daily objectives.

The IDT has one important use: to trip buried SC and dekas in war. It's the only unit that can land anywhere.

For this use, you better keep it low level as it is not the hitting power of the IDT troops you want, but the tripping ability; the sooner they are killed, the sooner deffenders come running out to be killed. Besides, IDT cooking times at higher levels soon become a problem. Mine is at 5, which already takes 21 minutes; wish I'd left it at 1 or 2...

Good luck!

It takes 21 minutes at level 1. ;)
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Added Quote for Clarity
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#192 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:09 am

Kubaz/Infiltrator is a much better choice for tripping SC, and they’ll take down a shield while doing that. 21min cook time and 7 UC space in starship is way too expensive for what it can do. Dev needs to reduce both UC and cook time to make this unit more viable.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#193 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Would just be better if the stormtroopers targeted closest rather than turrets. Other than the SC tripping the only other way i found to use this is backup in case you have taken out most the base (including turrets)) and are running out of time and need a quick extra couple of units to take out remaining buildings
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#194 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:33 am

DarkRebel wrote:Kubaz/Infiltrator is a much better choice for tripping SC, and they’ll take down a shield while doing that. 21min cook time and 7 UC space in starship is way too expensive for what it can do. Dev needs to reduce both UC and cook time to make this unit more viable.

It depends DR. In many -even most- cases Kubaz/Ithorians are much better for the job, but there are base designs where they just cannot get there in time to stir things up. It takes skill and experience to design a base like that, but there are many out there, especially in the category of war bases.
In general, you are correct for PvP, just like the Tie Ads/A-Wings are not practical for attacking on a regular basis due to their UC and cooking times.
However, in wars when things are tight and you do not have the nuclear Tako/Dando option, the services of the IDT/LAAT are sometimes exactly what you need to get to three stars.

So while I would like to see UC/cook time for the IDT to go down on the one hand, it might well disturb gameplay if everyone suddenly would start using them. It is a specialized unit, so let's keep this one special :-)
Proud to be a member of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many longtime high-level players, (semi-)active or retired, OP or NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#195 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:17 am

I would be happier if IDT UC and training cost were drastically reduced but only if they dropped off 1-3 normal stormtroopers depending on level. Picture them costing 2 uc and training in 3 minutes @ lvl 10. Ditch the ability to deploy inside of base confines altogether. It would become too powerful. They would suddenly become awesome for picking up those last few buildings that your attack just won’t reach, for smoothly kiting SC jets back and forth across the map while you main attack mauls the base, or for strategically tripping sonics without losing transport space. That’s what they should be.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#196 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:19 am

I disagree on this with you Plagueis.
Rather keep the IDT as it is, including its special ability to land inside bases, that's exactly what you need airborne troops for, deployment behind enemy lines
Proud to be a member of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many longtime high-level players, (semi-)active or retired, OP or NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#197 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:35 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Kubaz/Infiltrator is a much better choice for tripping SC, and they’ll take down a shield while doing that. 21min cook time and 7 UC space in starship is way too expensive for what it can do. Dev needs to reduce both UC and cook time to make this unit more viable.

It depends DR. In many -even most- cases Kubaz/Ithorians are much better for the job, but there are base designs where they just cannot get there in time to stir things up. It takes skill and experience to design a base like that, but there are many out there, especially in the category of war bases.
In general, you are correct for PvP, just like the Tie Ads/A-Wings are not practical for attacking on a regular basis due to their UC and cooking times.
However, in wars when things are tight and you do not have the nuclear Tako/Dando option, the services of the IDT/LAAT are sometimes exactly what you need to get to three stars.

So while I would like to see UC/cook time for the IDT to go down on the one hand, it might well disturb gameplay if everyone suddenly would start using them. It is a specialized unit, so let's keep this one special :-)

Glad you found it usefull.
Blocking walls can be taken out by eiher twilek or air(interceptor/Z95).
I played in more than 200 wars, as both reb and IMP, and there wasn’t a single base that I either couldn’t trip the SC (either dew/bantha or Kubaz/Infil) or snipe it (with air or Kessen).

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#198 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:47 pm

New question. Totally random. If you didn't clear your rocks/debris, do they keep spawning or is there a maximum? Would they eventually fill your whole screen leaving enemies only the border to deploy on?
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#199 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:04 pm

They seem to stop after 8 or so.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

ObiTwo
Major General

Post#200 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Re IDT/LAAT: I use them for wars occasionally, just as DarthBratzzznew outlined. I've done just over 700 wars, and while you can break open many bases using air and kessen, attacking against ops, or in a no op war baiting behind the lines is sometimes the smart choice.

Re Rock/Debris: I've had well over 30 of them scattered around at low levels. It's no big deal and they do appear to just keep spawning. However at high levels they become a major issue and you need to clear them, if there is no space left and another one spawns they will actually move your buildings to make room. I had this happen and cost me defenses, when I was away for about a week, they moved 3 or 4 of my buildings/walls and opened gaps in my defenses that let attackers in, undermining the base defense.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

Return to “General Discussions”