Question of The Day

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boog
Admiral

Re: Question of The Day

Post#181 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:39 pm

sgu97cab wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:New Question. I unlocked the imperial dropship. I tried this out and cannot understand why the Stormtroopers deployed ignore all buildings nearby and head to the nearest turret for instant death. This pretty much rules out ever using this unit. Anyone else know why this is, and/or know an effective way to use the unit? (Other than wait until all the turrets have been taken out before deploying)

sgu97cab - Back before the Guard Reserve the Empire Imperial Dropship Transport (IDT) and the Rebel Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT) could be used to "trip" a buried SC, but since the introduction of the Guard Reserve even that "capability", which still exists, is no longer effective (if it ever was).

OK, thanks DS. I guess I wont be worry about researching them up then, and only use them if I need to achieve daily objectives.

Whatever you do, don't upgrade it past the max level where it has the minimum cook time (21 minutes, I think, and level 4 or 5). On windows, I made the mistake of leveling it up to 9. The cook time is stupid long, and that made doing IDT crates impossible.

If you're using them to trip sc's, you want them to die fast, anyway. The one decent use is in war with Dando (no tako or tat). They do have higher health than a regular storm, and you can drop them to occupy turrets and draw fire. They do lower damage than a regular storm as well, which makes them pretty useless as an attack force. No matter what the description says, NO ONE fears these things, lol.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Added Quote for Clarity

Spock
Admiral

Post#182 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:11 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
Spock wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Question: How does a player get a base rating of 7359, while all other maxed bases only have rating of 2964 ?
Check out the top player in this squad:
http://ksod.us/squad/235fcf11-fe48-11e5 ... 06/members

Post number 164 in this thread has your answer

I kind of guessed that it must be a glitch, but what caused it ? What was different about his base ?
Typically, a glitch is consistent, once you figured out the pattern ( e.g. like troop standing on top of war).

We have no idea and when the player contacted customer support, well, they were as useless as ever.
This was close to 6 months ago and ever since the player has slowly been climbing.
It’s obviously (and rightly so) not a priority to the devs but it kind of sucks for this player. Pros and cons. Like giving up more medals, gears and loot bonus. (From what I have been told)

It could have been caused by building extra traps during trap-gate or extra turrets during turret-gate and when the fix went out to revert everything this players base score might not have been adjusted. Maybe something like that.
That’s just a guess tho.
Last edited by Spock on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

Boog
Admiral

Post#183 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Sooner or later, the devs will ban him for hacking.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#184 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Boog wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:sgu97cab - Back before the Guard Reserve the Empire Imperial Dropship Transport (IDT) and the Rebel Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT) could be used to "trip" a buried SC, but since the introduction of the Guard Reserve even that "capability", which still exists, is no longer effective (if it ever was).

OK, thanks DS. I guess I wont be worry about researching them up then, and only use them if I need to achieve daily objectives.

Whatever you do, don't upgrade it past the max level where it has the minimum cook time (21 minutes, I think, and level 4 or 5). On windows, I made the mistake of leveling it up to 9. The cook time is stupid long, and that made doing IDT crates impossible.

If you're using them to trip sc's, you want them to die fast, anyway. The one decent use is in war with Dando (no tako or tat). They do have higher health than a regular storm, and you can drop them to occupy turrets and draw fire. They do lower damage than a regular storm as well, which makes them pretty useless as an attack force. No matter what the description says, NO ONE fears these things, lol.

It's weird because on the SWC wiki it says the Stormtrooper (Dropship) targets closest. (Mind you the Droideka Sentinal also says it targets closest but always makes a beeline for any defending troops). I normally use Kubuz to trip Sonic Cannons and Squad Centre, and take out a shield at the same time (thanks to the new event system I almost have him up to lvl8). I think the IDT will just have to gather dust in the star destroyer hangar for the foreseeable future.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - NewSithEmpire

LordWader
Captain

Post#185 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 am

Apologies if this has been asked earlier, but I am too lazy to go back through 19 pages to see if it has been asked before

Anyways, if I keep my skins turned on when I start an upgrade to my armory, will they still be active, albeit I will not be able to switch them?

For example, if I start an upgrade on my armory and my AT-ACT skin is still turned on, will my Elite AT-AT still have the ACT skin when I am conducting attacks or HD? Thanks!

TSQL
Commodore

Post#186 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:03 am

LordWader wrote:Apologies if this has been asked earlier, but I am too lazy to go back through 19 pages to see if it has been asked before

Anyways, if I keep my skins turned on when I start an upgrade to my armory, will they still be active, albeit I will not be able to switch them?

For example, if I start an upgrade on my armory and my AT-ACT skin is still turned on, will my Elite AT-AT still have the ACT skin when I am conducting attacks or HD? Thanks!

They will stay active unless you switch to a planet that they aren't applicable.

So if you go to Tat, and go back to Dan they will no longer be active.
Officer in JediTempleBlue
Windows Refugee

LordWader
Captain

Post#187 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:17 am

TSQL wrote:
LordWader wrote:Apologies if this has been asked earlier, but I am too lazy to go back through 19 pages to see if it has been asked before

They will stay active unless you switch to a planet that they aren't applicable.

So if you go to Tat, and go back to Dan they will no longer be active.

Cool! Thanks for the quick answer!

spootieho
Commodore

Post#188 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:10 pm

Yeah, I learned that the hard way. Brutal
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#189 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:37 am

sgu97cab wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:New Question. I unlocked the imperial dropship. I tried this out and cannot understand why the Stormtroopers deployed ignore all buildings nearby and head to the nearest turret for instant death. This pretty much rules out ever using this unit. Anyone else know why this is, and/or know an effective way to use the unit? (Other than wait until all the turrets have been taken out before deploying)

sgu97cab - Back before the Guard Reserve the Empire Imperial Dropship Transport (IDT) and the Rebel Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT) could be used to "trip" a buried SC, but since the introduction of the Guard Reserve even that "capability", which still exists, is no longer effective (if it ever was).

The IDT has one important use: to trip buried SC and dekas in war. It's the only unit that can land anywhere.

For this use, you better keep it low level as it is not the hitting power of the IDT troops you want, but the tripping ability; the sooner they are killed, the sooner deffenders come running out to be killed. Besides, IDT cooking times at higher levels soon become a problem. Mine is at 5, which already takes 21 minutes; wish I'd left it at 1 or 2...

Good luck!
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#190 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:18 am

Ok great, I'll have to try it out next war!
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - NewSithEmpire

Return to “General Discussions”