Question of The Day

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Zorro
Squadron Leader

Re: Question of The Day

Post#151 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:07 pm

I have L8 and L9 Rebel base, my Jet armory buffs are L4 and 5.

When attacking a L9 base with Lots of L7/8 Sonics clustered together, my L8 troops just die ( I think from fright). Yes I am regularly matched against L9 bases.

I have the same problem when attacking L9 bases with L9 Sonic turrets with my L9 attack.

My typical L9 attack consists of a Chewy, Juggy, 4 TX's, 8 Jets, VG, Medic ( for Chewy), Sniper, Luggabeast, Soldiers.

My question is are there some troops less susceptible to sonic turrets, that are not shown on the Wiki page?

What is a successful strategy against sonic farms that I am just starting to encounter?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

DCReborn
Commodore

Post#152 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:15 pm

Zorro wrote:I have L8 and L9 Rebel base, my Jet armory buffs are L4 and 5.

When attacking a L9 base with Lots of L7/8 Sonics clustered together, my L8 troops just die ( I think from fright). Yes I am regularly matched against L9 bases.

I have the same problem when attacking L9 bases with L9 Sonic turrets with my L9 attack.

My typical L9 attack consists of a Chewy, Juggy, 4 TX's, 8 Jets, VG, Medic ( for Chewy), Sniper, Luggabeast, Soldiers.

My question is are there some troops less susceptible to sonic turrets, that are not shown on the Wiki page?

What is a successful strategy against sonic farms that I am just starting to encounter?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Sonics need to be baited. You can use Banthas or even just regular Soldiers at times to attract the Sonic fire giving you time to destroy those turrets.

Also, Chewy is a poor Hero to be using at your level. Get Luke leveled and use his saber twirl to help distract Sonics too.

These tips will help you handle basic level 9 opponents.... as you attack better opponents you’ll need to continue to refine your strategies.

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#153 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:51 pm

Kubuz/Itho and Vader/Luke are your friends when dealing with sonics.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#154 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:18 am

Plagueis wrote:Isn’t that like using a bot?

No Plagueis, I didn't mean it as a bot. It is more intended for easier and more effective donations when timing is essential, e.g. in the heat of close-fought wars with both sides doing various waves and outposts changing hands within minutes or less..
In such instances, being able to first cook your own attack load while being able to immediately after/or even simultaneously (e.g. while you are using that small window of opportunity to attack) cook for your teammates might make a difference. Give you a small edge.
E.g. first I cook 2 MHC's for myself. But another player requested 2 cannons as well. But I need to attack quickly and do not have time to waste and certainly do not want 4 MHCs. In such instances it might be really useful to be able to cook sequentially 2MHC -1 another unit and then 2 MHCs in a single factory.
This might be even more relevant for those who are still upgrading factories and barracks (99% of the players, not the handful of vets here), as this disrupts your assembly line and flow even more.

I hope you get my point. In Clash for example you can do this. It does not work like a bot, but it is useful at times. You can even swipe unit icons to change the sequence of your production.
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#155 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:53 am

Another really pressing question by me:
Are L10 Tie Ads capable of destroying Hoth-buffed L10 shields? Things really tight so please answer quickly! :-)
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

Dakyreus
Lieutenant

Post#156 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:40 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:Another really pressing question by me:
Are L10 Tie Ads capable of destroying Hoth-buffed L10 shields? Things really tight so please answer quickly! :-)

Yes
From the ashes of Windows SWC: HH-Resurrection/HH-Insurrection

Always looking for laid back & friendly Imperial players!

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#157 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:36 am

Dakyreus wrote:
DarthBratzzznew wrote:Another really pressing question by me:

Yes

Thanks!
We lost anyway, but the Tie Ads worked!

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#158 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:56 am

And another question , now about the new system...
I am participating on an undisclosed planet in a conflict which will render me frags for another very desirable upgrade for one of the most useful units in war...

if I understand correctly, once I reach UC in this conflict and decide to take the rest of the week off and go planting turnips, I shall automatically receive the 32 frags for UC, no matter if I get kicked out again?
If that would be the case, "me likezzz this system very much"... too good to be true actually, so probably I misunderstand, brick-headed dewback that I am

besides, where do I see if I receive EP for reaching a higher bracket in a conflict? by now I am top10% and it is difficult to decide if I get those points or not.. I have only completed 5 stages of the event, so I do not yet need more than a single 3stars victory to progress

Or will those EP's be rewarded at the END of a conflict and can I get kicked out of UC ?

Kylo
Commodore

Post#159 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:28 am

Conflicts seem to work like they always have--you need to be in the top x% at the end.

There's no EP bank. Tap the top banner to see if you've earned some and start researching.

Dakyreus
Lieutenant

Post#160 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:31 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:And another question , now about the new system...
I am participating on an undisclosed planet in a conflict which will render me frags for another very desirable upgrade for one of the most useful units in war...

Haha... How's er'kit then? :lol:

DarthBratzzznew wrote:if I understand correctly, once I reach UC in this conflict and decide to take the rest of the week off and go planting turnips, I shall automatically receive the 32 frags for UC, no matter if I get kicked out again?
If that would be the case, "me likezzz this system very much"... too good to be true actually, so probably I misunderstand, brick-headed dewback that I am

You'll get EP for the highest league you reach even if you drop back down, you'll get frags for the league you finish in I'm guessing... be a bit easy otherwise and the mouse don't like easy ;)

DarthBratzzznew wrote:...
besides, where do I see if I receive EP for reaching a higher bracket in a conflict? by now I am top10% and it is difficult to decide if I get those points or not.. I have only completed 5 stages of the event, so I do not yet need more than a single 3stars victory to progress

Or will those EP's be rewarded at the END of a conflict and can I get kicked out of UC ?

This I have no answer for as of yet :)

Regards
Dak
From the ashes of Windows SWC: HH-Resurrection/HH-Insurrection

Always looking for laid back & friendly Imperial players!

Return to “General Discussions”