Question of The Day

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
KrakenKodes
Commodore

Re: Question of The Day

Post#141 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Good points guys. Thanks for the tips. I'll probably keep it a mixed bag then as we war a lot (when servers work). I just hate watching the heavies melt my turrets even with L7 frags.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#142 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:57 am

New QotD:

I just unlocked the Light Infantry Guards equipment. Is it useful to pair it in the Armory with the ShoreTrooper/SnowTrooper/SandTrooper equipment?
Put another way: do these equipment buffs reinforce one another?

Thanks for feedback! :)
Last edited by DarthBratzzznew on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#143 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:01 am

Eh... as a rebel I do, only because it's better than activating vanguards (totally useless). Have to consider what you're giving up for those slots.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#144 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:06 am

Ok, thanks for the feedback Shelendil!
I also unlocked the speeder about five minutes ago and will take a defensive stance, just to see what happens!
Cheers
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

DeathStriker

Post#145 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:09 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:New QotD:

I just unlocked the Light Infantry Guards equipment. Is it useful to pair it in the Armory with the ShoreTrooper/SnowTrooper/SandTrooper equipment?
Put another way: do these equipment buffs reinforce one another?

Thanks for feedback! :)

DarthBratzzznew - the short answer is - YES!

Any Guard Reserve Armory Buffs that deploy Units which have "other" Armory Buffs will use these Armory Buffs - if activated also.

Like it has already been posted, there is a "limit" to how much can be activated and so as a Commander you make "choices" on what Base Defenses you want operating when you sign off from the game.

I also currently "activate" the Guard Reserve: Light Infantry (Rebel Soldiers) + the "planet specific" Armory Buff (Desert Soldier, Rebel Commando, Cold-Weather Soldier).

ALSO KEEP IN MIND... that the Guard Reserve: Melee Bruisers (Rebel Bantha's / Empire Dewbacks) will "spawn" on Hoth either the Rebel Tauntaun Rider or the Empire Modified INT-4 Interceptor if the appropriate Armory Unit Equipment is "Activated".

Hope this answers your question...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#146 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:39 am

I had to dig deep to revive this thread.
But I have a question:
Wouldn't it be great to have a perk or a setup that you can arrange the sequence of cooking troops, mech and air. especially air would be priceless to be able to (pre-)cook e.g. advanced-2defender-1fighter-2striker-advanced and so on. would greatly help in wars as you can precook overnight or in advance and go on the attack nearly immediately.
Such perks should maybe be separate for the different categories, so: air, mech, infantry, mercs...
What do you think?

Edit: in upgrading these perks the number of units to be precooked can be upped (all within capacity of the various buildings of course)

DeathStriker

Post#147 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:23 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:But I have a question:

Wouldn't it be great to have a perk or a setup that you can arrange the sequence of cooking troops, mech and air.

What do you think?

DarthBratzzznew - Interesting idea but many not appeal to some.

I for one only use 1 type of Starship Strike - Fang Fighter - as my "Attack Strategies" account for all other possible uses for other Starship Strikes. My only exception is during War - with Yavin 4 OP Active - I use B-Wings in addition to Fang Fighters.

Since it is already possible to do some of your idea - that is queue up Units in a particular order - having a separate Perk so that you can do (as I understand your idea) something like in the factory:

• cook 2 Juggs (queue spot #1) then...
  • 4 HFDs (queue spot #2) then...
  • 2 Juggs (queue spot #3) then...
  • 2 Bikes (queue spot #4) then...
  • 2 Juggs (queue spot #5)
might be interesting but I am not sure how many would find it useful.

Others can weigh in on the discussion...

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#148 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:07 am

Isn’t that like using a bot?

DeathStriker

Post#149 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:14 am

Plagueis wrote:Isn’t that like using a bot?

No... Currently the Unit Queue in the Factory or Starship Command allows only ONE UNIT TYPE per Queue Spot. If, say, you selected 2 Juggs then 4 HFDs then 2 more Juggs these 2 extra Juggs are added to the previous queued Jugg's

What DarthBratzzznew is suggesting is a Squad Perk which disables this "default behavior" allowing you to do what I indicated in my post found above.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#150 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Ok, see where you’re going with it. Just a numerical count of each unit to be constructed. I dig it.

Return to “General Discussions”