Question of The Day

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
obelisk4000
Commodore

Re: Question of The Day

Post#11 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:30 am

DeathStriker wrote:New Question of The Day

Are You Still Excited About Star Wars Commander?

Not excited but also not worried. I really enjoy playing the game and hope it doesn't get shut down. But I'm also not going to worry about that happening and have it take anything away from the enjoyment of playing.
Former Leader5FngrForceChoke
Former Officer -.Rebel.Slayers.
Officer - Hostile.Warfare!

MarreOngla
Commodore

Post#12 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:11 am

LeprechaunSean wrote:In almost every recent conflict, you can see multiple imperial players racking up 100+ defense wins, yet not one rebel player doing so. Why? Would like facts, not just opinions.... Seems like the only way a reb can win a conflict is by devoting a week of their life to endless attacks, while a L10 imp can sit back and let their base do the work...

I'm assuming this was on a planet other than Tatooine. During both the recent vanguard and crystal conflicts, I was vaguely trying to get into the top 2% but was relying on defenses rather than attacking (don't have the time to attack non stop like you mentioned above). I ended up with roughly 20-25 defense wins per conflict, beating everyone in the top 50 both times. Some of them would have anything up to 400 odd attack wins, but most of the top 50 didn't even have double figures defense wins.

It probably helps that I'm level 10 (not maxed by any means), but anyway, most of this is probably not even overly relevant to your question, as I'm guessing it's referring to Dandoran/Erkit/Yavin.

With regards to that, I can't give any facts, but I'd assume that those bases are very high level 10 bases and the rebels are probably level 9 or early 10s, knowing they need to attack, so they take on harder bases and end up losing?
Marre Ongla - HQ 10 - 38k medals
Crix Madine - HQ 10 - 8k medals
SkywalkersPride and OrganasPride are recruiting for active rebels. All HQ levels & medal counts welcome. For more info PM me or message me on Line, ID marre_ongla :)

LeprechaunSean
Commodore

Post#13 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:04 pm

That has been my thought too, but I know there are plenty of full L10 Rebs out there, and I have never seen a single one rack up over a hundred defenses during a conflict, on any planet.
*Formerly* L10/144k+ Medals SenateGuards Windows Platform (a. K. A. ALDERAN Platform )

L6/10 SenateGuards Android/Ios Sandbagger. The mouse is not your friend.

http://senateguards.freeforums.net/

syncpan77
Major General

Post#14 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:26 pm

Hoops8 wrote:I have a question.

Do you think one faction has an advantage in squad wars?

Matchmaking aside (as all feel slighted to some degree) is one faction more geared toward squad war victory?

Definitely. Squad Wars advantages for Rebels.

They get to decide the start time of a war.
Most of them have Kessen upgraded to a usable level, hence they can one-shot the HQ on outposts and instantly gain them without having to cook a full load.

Would like to hear what Rebels perceive to be Imp advantages during squad wars.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Veteran squad in the process of rebuilding. Join us today, apply within game or contact me.

OFFICER in "Darkdonations"
Veteran squad-NO OP Wars on weekends

MarreOngla
Commodore

Post#15 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:36 pm

syncpan77 wrote:

Matchmaking aside (as all feel slighted to some degree) is one faction more geared toward squad war victory?

Most of them have Kessen upgraded to a usable level, hence they can one-shot the HQ on outposts and instantly gain them without having to cook a full load.

I posted my thoughts on the first page.
I think you're joking when you say most rebels have Kessen upgraded to a usable level. I think 2 people in my squad have him unlocked at all, never mind upgraded to a decent level.

Also, someone said the other day that level 7 imps can take Tatooine at 9 simply by placing the EATAT in "a certain place". I can assure you level 7 rebels can't take tatooine at 9 by simply placing one unit on the map. No chance. So that's another example of them having an advantage.
SkywalkersPride and OrganasPride are recruiting for active rebels. All HQ levels & medal counts welcome. For more info PM me or message me on Line, ID marre_ongla :)

syncpan77
Major General

Post#16 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:25 pm

MarreOngla wrote:
syncpan77 wrote:

I think you're joking when you say most rebels have Kessen upgraded to a usable level. I think 2 people in my squad have him unlocked at all, never mind upgraded to a decent level.

Also, someone said the other day that level 7 imps can take Tatooine at 9 simply by placing the EATAT in "a certain place". I can assure you level 7 rebels can't take tatooine at 9 by simply placing one unit on the map. No chance. So that's another example of them having an advantage.

I'm not joking at all. Rebels will admit they upgraded Kessen because they had leftover event store points and they had nothing else to invest them in, hence, Kessen is upgraded on most Rebel accounts, not the same happens on most Imp accounts where Kessen was severely neglected due to him being useless for the Empire without infantry healing capacities.

As for the eATAT taking out a certain outpost by strategic placing, ya, that's one way to obtain an outpost fairly quick, Hoth HQ could also be shot with a shield buster and that post is yours. There's many ways to take posts quickly, some more efficient than others, a whole guide was created for this, still advantage Rebels cause I repeat, most have Kessen, he doesn't need to be a lv9 or 10 to take out the HQ either.

I don't get it, when Imps say Kessen is a Rebel subsidy, Rebels reply by saying "Well it's not our fault you guys didn't upgrade him and we did" but when facing situations like this one, you guys are quick to reply "Well most of us don't have Kessen upgraded or even unlocked". So which is it? You do or you don't?
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Veteran squad in the process of rebuilding. Join us today, apply within game or contact me.

OFFICER in "Darkdonations"
Veteran squad-NO OP Wars on weekends

MarreOngla
Commodore

Post#17 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:38 pm

syncpan77 wrote:
MarreOngla wrote:
syncpan77 wrote:

I'm not joking at all. Rebels will admit they upgraded Kessen because they had leftover event store points and they had nothing else to invest them in, hence, Kessen is upgraded on most Rebel accounts, not the same happens on most Imp accounts where Kessen was severely neglected due to him being useless for the Empire without infantry healing capacities.

As for the eATAT taking out a certain outpost by strategic placing, ya, that's one way to obtain an outpost fairly quick, Hoth HQ could also be shot with a shield buster and that post is yours. There's many ways to take posts quickly, some more efficient than others, a whole guide was created for this, still advantage Rebels cause I repeat, most have Kessen, he doesn't need to be a lv9 or 10 to take out the HQ either.

I don't get it, when Imps say Kessen is a Rebel subsidy, Rebels reply by saying "Well it's not our fault you guys didn't upgrade him and we did" but when facing situations like this one, you guys are quick to reply "Well most of us don't have Kessen upgraded or even unlocked". So which is it? You do or you don't?

I can't talk on behalf of the rest of the rebel population, all I can say is that I believe only 2 people in my squad have Kessen unlocked. I dare say a lot of the higher, longer serving players do have him unlocked, but that's not the case for me or the majority of the squad I'm in. I've been playing just over a year and I don't recall any "event store". Maybe it was before I started playing?

Yes, we can take Hoth easily, so can the Empire, no advantage, because it's easy for both sides. Yavin is easy for both sides. Tatooine is seemingly easy for the Empire, but much more difficult for the rebels (who don't have Kessen unlocked). Maybe there is an easy way for us rebels to take Tatooine, but we haven't found it yet. We've found methods that work, but they aren't "easy".

BertO
Major General

Post#18 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:01 pm

syncpan77 wrote:...

I think you'll find below your level that isn't the case. In A-M I think only Rebel Phoenix, RebelYell and Keith have high level Kessens. The next best is my level 6. Outside of the top squads anyone who hasn't been playing for over a year and a half has useless level Kessens. The players most likely to have high level Kessens from the event store are the same 200 able to steamroll high level dev bases on ErKit to make UC.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

Piper139
Major General

Post#19 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:38 am

The main advantage rebels have in war is timing. They control the start time. With an even match, I don't think either side really has an advantage other than that. As long as you adjust for the outposts, both sides can get to 45 pretty quickly. I would say that empire elite at cook time is an advantage but most good troop loads take longer to cook than the black dog so this advantage really doesn't come into play much. As far as kessen, I think I have the highest in my rebel squad at l7. He is not common outside the old timers or hyperactive players. Most of us simply cannot put in the time to get uc in a conflict.
Retired

Warren
Squadron Leader

Post#20 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:11 am

Piper139 wrote:The main advantage rebels have in war is timing. They control the start time. With an even match, I don't think either side really has an advantage other than that. As long as you adjust for the outposts, both sides can get to 45 pretty quickly. I would say that empire elite at cook time is an advantage but most good troop loads take longer to cook than the black dog so this advantage really doesn't come into play much. As far as kessen, I think I have the highest in my rebel squad at l7. He is not common outside the old timers or hyperactive players. Most of us simply cannot put in the time to get uc in a conflict.

The start time is kind of an advantage for Rebels, but you need to remember, we don't control who we are matched with. But more wars are won by organized attacks by a squad than by start time. In our squad it is impossible for us to have everyone on at the start time, since we are global. Once we were matched with a squad that had almost everyone on at start and they overwhelmed us at the start. We did come back to a 45-45 tie. Another time we went up 38-0, then ended up losing 45-39 because they woke up and overwhelmed us.

I was Kessen sniped by an Imp the other day, so I can understand the frustration. But you won't ever get Kessen sniped by me. I don't even have E'rkit unlocked, let alone the time to spend 8 hours a day for 3-5 days doing nothing but attacks or making sure my base is full and hope that I win a bunch of defenses. I really don't care that I don't have him. I do wish my HWK was higher than level 1 and that my Vanguard is only level 3. The UC model of upgrades is just a very bad way to keep people new to the game frustrated. Oh, and the level 8 rebels that only get attacked by Level 9 and 10 imps, but that is another discussion that has been beat to death.
Alderaan-Memory 2 Spots open, Apply Today!

Return to “General Discussions”